The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Evolution of your fursona  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Teiko

• Handsome wouf!
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Species: Wolf Angel
  • Coloring: Dirty Purple / Grey
  • Height: 5' 9"
  • Weight: 145lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: AT FIELD MAX POWER
Evolution of your fursona
« on: May 16, 2015, 01:35:28 AM »
For those of you who have created your own sonas and have regularly changed them over time, post your very first creation of your fursona at the time of it's conception. Like a throwback thread :)

Here is the original Teiko on the left, and him about 4 months evolved:

« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 01:37:37 AM by Teiko »
  • Signature art by: Teiko

Offline Alistair

• Resident pink saber
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 50 Most Online
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Smilodon Populator
  • Coloring: Strawberry, cream, and black
  • Height: 7'2"
  • Weight: 350lb
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: Fortnite dancing into the inevitable future
Re: Evolution of your fursona
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 02:07:47 AM »
Al's evolution was heavy

In all honesty I have another from what he first started out as. Its a bit embarrassing but very dear to my heart since a friend drew it for me.

First ever drawing and ultimate throwback of Alistair.
Royal Saber floof mane the first

Sir Sabering the first

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 02:28:56 AM »

The top-right picture is what I think is the original Cheza from a few years back, but I'm not entirely sure xP The top-left one is pretty close to the current one.
The only changes I've done to her design recently-ish (the top-left pic is the closest to her current) have been to "drop" the black lines under her eyes, and her "tiger face-stripes" also tend to get left out, tho I occasionally ask for those to be included in some pics.

Why face-stripes? I have no idea xP I think I had a reason for them back in the days but I no longer remember. These days I've kept them in order to not look too plain xP

Offline Caesium Iodide

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • COMMISSIONS OPEN!
    • Awards
  • Species: (Adult??) Werewolf!
  • Coloring: Blue, gray, yellow and black
  • Height: 6’8” I keep getting taller :/
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Rather curvy, fills everything well.
  • Currently: Perhaps wanting to relive time from high school.
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 04:27:32 PM »
I might eventually put pictures up but they are really bad like horrible bc I drew them all. ;~;
Armonia used to be bright green, with an orange nose and… *ahem* /whispers/ pink and blue swirled antlers… NOW! At that time she didn't even have hooves. She just looked… ugly??? Anyway, so eventually I gave her plantigrade legs with hooves on the end, she didn't even have long hair. Wow. So, I redrew her in an art style that looks nothing like mine now (it looks better tbh) and wanted to change her color pallet but, green was always her color, so, after I started to get sick of the bright green, the jade took over and I fell in love with it. Armonia's antlers changed too, she got hair, she had more appealing features.
As for my other fursonas. Meh they happened and got colors when I decided to color them.
Find me on amino, Twitter and patreon:
@/Cryptik_Mystic
My commissions are open. I specialize in badges but that’s not my limit! Send me a DM anywhere if you have a question or interest.

Offline Cinder42

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I am not crazy. I have never been tested.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Mutant Coyote
  • Coloring: blue/grey, dark brown, golden/brown, white
  • Height: 5'1
  • Weight: 124lb
  • Build: Short, curvy, animalistic
  • Currently: Trying my hide off
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 07:17:13 PM »
EEEEEWWWWW EW EW NO! Why did you make me dig through my old art!? Why? It hurts!  D:

Oddly enough though, Cinder had a REALLY weird evolution. This is actually her OROGINAL design.

I was really into the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson,(a book series about children who were trapped in a laboratory and experimented on while they were combined with animal DNA to give them wings and such) when I was in around fifth grade and read them through most of middle school, basing my mane "PERsona" off of that. That's why Cinder's still a mutant to this day. Old habits die hard I guess.
Later on I started getting more into art and animation on the internet a brushing against the furry community without even realizing it. What I did notice was that a lot of people had animal versions of themselves. I had always made personas for whatever book or TV show or movie I was into at the time but they were always isolated and different. It just made sense to make a permanent, universal one, and after a few failed designs that didn't really stick I decided what better than to base it off of my already existing persona.

That's why Cinder's colors are so weird and slightly clashy, especially in the old picture like this. (It's the first one ever made of her) My original human had light brown fur on her hands and feet, dark brown hair, big talon-like claws, and tan ears, so I just translated those into markings and filled in the rest with a belly splotch and a color I liked (blue-grey). She also had side bangs for the longest time that, on top of being really un-fun to draw, just seemed to suggest a level of femininity and "angst" that I supremely lack. This design went on for a long time, tweaking slightly as I forgot things, the colors getting less obtrusive as I lost them and tried to replicate them over and over, eventually leading to the much softer version I use now. It kind of ended up going like an actual evolution. Slow and minute to the point of imperceptible until you look at the old and new side by side.

I also sort of had a thing for pointless insanity and blood with no context. Sort of a case of a kid first discovering they can do something, than rapidly overdoing it.  :/

I also "learned to draw chibis" around this time

A couple picture like my current avatar and my first anthro picture of her are sort of lost to the ages since I got a new computer but that anthro picture was the last to include the side bangs before I abandoned it for the more, gravity-defying spiky Not-a-Mohawk-Mohawk/bangs I have now.

And here we have come to the end of the story. Settled for the past year and likely not to change again. I tried changing her colors since I've always associated myself with, and own, calico animals, but I just didn't seem right.

WARNING: Likes to type obnoxiously long messages! Approach with caution!

Offline Obey138 (Matthew "Fluffy")

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • ~$ sudo pm-hibernate
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Last.fm Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Anthro Catwolf
  • Coloring: Dark-grey fur (#767b7d), cream-white straps and belly (#f3f1e4), grey additions (#b5b3ad)
  • Height: ~183cm / ~6ft / ~72inch
  • Weight: ~73kg / ~161lbs
  • Build: Slim fit
  • Currently: Please be aware of my rude jokes!
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 08:03:38 PM »
First one's wings are the greatest ones.
Also the chibis are soooooo cute :3

Offline Teiko

• Handsome wouf!
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Species: Wolf Angel
  • Coloring: Dirty Purple / Grey
  • Height: 5' 9"
  • Weight: 145lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: AT FIELD MAX POWER
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 11:06:15 PM »
Cinder I love all of your work. Especially the gory ones and the ones that have a Pikachu physique.
  • Signature art by: Teiko