The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A Gosling!  (Read 745 times)

Offline Kai

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Canine
  • Height: 5'10 when standing.
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: Slim/Athletic
  • Currently: Tired and sociable.
A Gosling!
« on: April 27, 2015, 06:20:38 PM »
I work at a Marina during the summer, but my boyfriend has been working there pre-season to do cleanup and whatnot.
The other day he told me to come down the dock with him to show me something. We have these big pots that used to (presumably) hold plant life, but have since been demoted to holding a pile of dirt and the occasional butt.
Anyway, he pointed at one that had a fake goose in it and told me "That's our new mascot. She's been there for a couple weeks now."
And then, a miracle; the fake goose turned its head to look at me. It was a very real goose. With six very real eggs.
I tried to get closer to it but it hissed at me, and due to childhood trauma (I got nipped once), I gave up and settled for taking a couple pictures on my phone.

Anyway, today one of the eggs hatched, and I never realized how cute goslings are before they turn into vicious demon spawn.
I thought if any internet forum would appreciate baby animals sitting under larger adult animals, it'd be this one.