The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Where Would You Suggest Getting A Fursona Illustration?  (Read 1047 times)

Offline HollowOfHaze

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I see no way in which this could go horribly wrong
    • Awards
  • Species: Heraldic Winged Lion
  • Coloring: Tan fur/feathers, brown hair, brown eyes veined with a golden yellow.
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 128 Lbs
  • Build: Not exceedingly muscular, but definitely not fat.
  • Currently: Forgotten.
Where Would You Suggest Getting A Fursona Illustration?
« on: April 15, 2015, 05:19:58 AM »
Being new to the furry community, I see that there are countless around me who have their own fursonas drawn, most often with considerable focus on detail and quality. I, however, have no idea where to look, or who to talk to, in the event that I were to want a digital request/commision done for me. So I am asking you, the people of this forum: Where should I go to find what I am looking for? Where did you go to get your own fursona drawn? And I am aware of the Art/Requests sections. I mean specific people/groups who actively work on requests of this sort on a reliable, regular basis, outside of this site.
  • Avatar by: My personal friend SpunkyRaccoon on DeviantArt

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
Re: Where Would You Suggest Getting A Fursona Illustration?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 06:01:25 AM »
for mine i got it on fa by xeshaire i wouldnt know if she will do any it depends best to have a pic she can use
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
Re: Where Would You Suggest Getting A Fursona Illustration?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 07:54:48 PM »
Well, I usually get my art from either deviantart or furaffinity. Deviantart has got "all kinds of art", while Furaffinity is pretty much only furry stuff and usually easier to find great furry artists on (Not that there aren't any good ones on dA, they're usually a bit trickier to find over there imo)

Many artists take commissions and usually have it written on their profiles, so it's quite easy to find people who do art for others, usually for a price.

The way I've done it have usually been to just browse the front page on FA to see if anyone's art catches my fancy, and if I see a style I like I go check that artists gallery for more examples of what they do, and their profile to see if they take commissions, and if their price list is affordable enough for me in that case. If they do, their prices are "right" for me, and I have an idea I think would fit their style, I send them a note asking if they've got any open slots and a short description of what I'd like.