The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: New Art! Raphael - Urban Decay  (Read 1160 times)

Offline cybercat

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Please check out my DA Gallery!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • http://lady-cybercat.deviantart.com
    • Awards
  • Species: Caracal
  • Coloring: Sandy
  • Height: 5'5
New Art! Raphael - Urban Decay
« on: September 04, 2007, 04:32:29 AM »
http://www.maj.com/gallery/cybercat/art/urbandecaydone.jpg

First before anything else.. YES I KNOW HE DOESN'T HAVE HIS BANDANA!!! I didn't WANT to draw it.

but yes..I did forget the belt and knee guards. Oh well. ;D

Anyway, I didn't want the mask because you couldn't see all the nifty wrinkles about his eyes if I'd drawn it in.

This was hand drawn in pencils only and then digitally colored in open canvas and then finished off in photoshop. I'm really thrilled with how it came out.

The TMNT are the reasons I started drawing anthros, so I really can't thank their creators enough for inspiring me to learn how to draw people and humanoid creatures. I hope you all enjoy it even if it isn't 'cute'. Some times you just got to do something a little wicked.

Posted images are to be no larger than 600x600.
Ephemral
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 06:25:24 PM by ephemral »

Offline EQINOX

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • EQINOX @ IMVU
    • Awards
  • Species: FOX / KITSUNE
  • Coloring: HELLFIRE / SILVER FOX / RED FOX
  • Height: UNOWN
  • Weight: UNOWN
  • Build: NORMAL
Re: New Art! Raphael - Urban Decay
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 06:23:18 AM »
Its great i like it good shadeing and a new look on the way the tmnt look (as in the films /cartoons they always looked destictivly frendly / good) were as the one in your pic looks almose evil  :shcoked:
lol but its good :)

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 10:42:28 AM »
Wow! That looks awesome! You should so attempt Mikey.
xD

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 10:55:51 AM »
Raph was always the hot-tempered one.... so I guess this picture does suit him well.

As for the creators of the TMNT set, I think they may have learned a few pointers from the ThunderCats creators. ((ThunderCats came out way before TMNT)) But it is obvious that TMNT is of it's own style... so who knows who they learned it from?

I think Mikey would be the closest to what would be called 'cute' due to the fact he's the least serious out of the group.