The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The shadow of dawn  (Read 5185 times)

Offline Fenox Helkiin

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I like being a pet. :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/husky/snow leopard
  • Height: 6ft 2
  • Weight: ~13st
  • Build: Toned
The shadow of dawn
« on: March 11, 2015, 09:13:13 AM »
"THIS IS NOT A DRILL, I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL! ALL HANDS TO BATTLESTATIONS ON THE DOUBLE!" The voice blares in the background as everyone is woken up from their cryogenic sleep.
The star ship known as 'Titanis' was under attack from an unknown enemy, presumably humans, they had already secured the landing bays and were working their way to the ships core.

"Uhh... I hate it when this happens... I mean if it's yet another attack on us by old world humans..." Fenox growled as he got up, went to his locker and opened it as he rubbed his eyes.
  • Signature art by: Jack Cringer

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
Re: The shadow of dawn
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 04:49:37 PM »
Angder woke up in his section of the ship, he was mostly accustomed to internal security matters, but in an emergency it was all hands on deck. He groaned as he climbed out of the pod, and grabbed his coat and hat from where he had dropped them... grabbing them off the floor. the whole room was a run down mess, bumpy floor, rusty door, grey metal walls. Angder smirked looking at the walls, the schematics said that metal was some kind of super metal, though Angder suspected the whole ship was actually just a giant hunk of Iron floating through space.

"OK... computer, what is the situation? computer? hmph, still no voice commands in this sector then." He walks over to the computer imbedded in the wall, and asks the question manually "OK... landing bays, and core, right.  Looks pretty bad..." The wolf grabs his gun, and moves towards the door.
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Hope, however desperate, is never without merit
  • Species: Coyote! Canis Latrans (best canine)
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 71 kilograms
  • Currently: BACK
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 08:45:35 PM »
"All men, battle stations!"
Captain Shaw and his group of about thirty marines stood, aiming their plasma projectors aimed at a bulkhead door.
Shaw grunted, carrying the relatively light, but powerful thing with a large amount of ease that only comes with training and use over a long career.
Since plasma beams typically dissipate very quickly in an atmosphere, Their DPP-2 keeps the plasma in a magnetic field, keeping the plasma in its lethal, glowing green form until it reaches a target. though it can be easily stopped by a similar magnetic field, these magnetic shields cannot be held for very long, and though they prevent the user from experiencing a plasma burns, they do give quite a kick.

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade
The way is lit. The path is clear.
We require only the strength to follow it.

Offline Fenox Helkiin

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
The shadow of dawn
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 11:33:02 PM »
As Fenox got himself dressed, wearing his battle suit with throwing knife sheaths on the shoulders and hips, he heard someone in the next room trying to talk to the onboard computer. "That'll be Angder..." He sighed before heading out of his room, into the hallway and goes to knock on Angder's door just as it opens. "Hey, Angder you do know that you need to set up the voice command features right? Oh and we're under attack again. Still no word on what's attacking 'The shadow of dawn' buuut I reckon it's just some humans wanting something that they don't have." Fenox said as he made numerous hand gestures, not all of them safe for all audiences, before checking his pistol was loaded and nodding down the hall towards the core of the ship. "Shall we?"

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 12:02:30 AM »
Small sparks ran across the seam of the outer bulkhead door of the shadow, and all of the marines, some human, some anthro, tensed, their fingers on the trigger of both plasma and chemically accelerated slug weapons.
With a massive explosion, the thick bulkhead doors connected to a glass umbilical, exploded forth, pinning two marines under them.
the marines, meanwhile, released their deadly payloads into the large tube, killing anything that lived.
but there was nothing but a small maintenance bot, shattered and broken from the immense volley of fire from the UEG troopers.
the marines stood there a moment, collectively scratching their heads

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 05:33:33 PM »
Angder turned to Fenox, as he spoke and growled "Right... Setting up voice commands, I knew that..." He turned to peer down the corridor, he could already hear the sound of guns. "Yea, lets get moving, sounds like things are heating up". He had been in firefights before, but these humans were not hard to fight, just tiring.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 05:46:17 PM by Angder »

Offline Fenox Helkiin

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
The shadow of dawn
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 05:47:47 PM »
"Alright.... Umm..." Fenox said as he checked the holographic display on his left forearm. "This way!" He then immediately span around the corner, gripping onto one of the support beams to stay on his feetpaws and not slip over.

The sparking robot went floppy, having lost power, as a large battle mech stepped through the smoke behind it and it's visor scanned the room before saying "targets acquired, Initiating eradication protocols." While the mini guns, attached to the underside of its forearms, began spooling up.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 05:52:16 PM by Fenox Higari »

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 05:52:53 PM »
Angder follows fenox, Fenox used a holographic display... Angder smiled, he knew this part of the ship off by heart, he didn't need a map to know where he was going.

Offline Fenox Helkiin

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 05:56:53 PM »
"GAH! I hate these ships. I much prefer having my paws on the ground, these things are like a damn 3D maze, you know? I mean I'd much, much, rather be in a jungle outpost..." He groaned then stopped dead still as his ears started to twitch about. "Get down, now." Fen whispered to Angder.

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 07:49:02 PM »
"what the hell..." one of the marines, a human, went.
then, with a massive explosion, and a brilliant flash of light, the umbilical tube was gone, the pressure differential (a complete vacuum versus about one atmosphere) sucking most of the marines out into space. None of the armor that they had had thrusters of any sort. the marines, in a tumbling mass of armored tungsten, flew in random directions, quite a few would be lost forever.
Shaw, and a few of the quicker thinking marines, activated their mag-boots, bolting them to the semi-ferrous floor of the shadow.

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 07:55:40 PM »
Angder Crouched down, and gripped a support beam. he listened intently. "What are you hearing?" he asked quietly.

Offline Fenox Helkiin

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
The shadow of dawn
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 08:08:24 PM »
"...two foot soldiers. Heavily armed by the sounds of there footsteps and the clanking noises." He calmly said, with his eyes closed to help focus on the sounds, before looking straight up at the air vent opening. "Hey Angder, what would you rather do? Take on these two head on or do it more stealthy like, choice is yours, just keep in mind that the stealth option means crawling through the air ventilation which is gonna be a tight squeeze."

The mech stood firm as the vacuum of space pulled the soldiers out of the bay. It's arms slowly started to move upward and take aim at the few who had activated their gravity boots in time. "You, you are an anthropomorphic being" it's robot voice said as it locked onto one of them "are you friend or foe?"
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 08:13:53 PM by Fenox Higari »

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 08:15:26 PM »
"For you maybe..." Angder smiled, he was used to going through the air-vents, and he didn't fancy a head on attack. "I say we stealth it"

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2015, 08:20:31 PM »
"Fvck you!" one of the marines shouts, shooting the robot a single fingered rude gesture
The rest of the marines opened fire on the thing, about fifteen guns, most of them plasma projectors, arced their projectiles towards the target.

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade

Offline Fenox Helkiin

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 08:33:32 PM »
The mech locked onto the marine who did the rude gesture and fired a single 50.BGM round through his visor killing him and splattering a few of his comrades with said marines blood as his head exploded in a violent flurry. Then moved onto the next target, the ones firing plasma, and opened fire with a volley of smoke grenades.
"Alrighty then..." Fenox sighed as he got up slowly and jumped up at the ventilation shaft opening. "...don't suppose you've got something that won't make it look like this has been tampered with and is reasonably quiet too?"