The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Life's Sanctuary. (Serious please)  (Read 1653 times)

Offline Rahvan

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • It is time to join you my love... I will come soon
    • Awards
  • Species: Jalaxian
  • Coloring: Golden yellow fur, and jet black muzzle and paws.
Life's Sanctuary. (Serious please)
« on: August 26, 2007, 06:24:05 PM »
First let me run through some rules here first.
  • NO GODMODDING, you get hit = you feel pain, you get killed = YOU ARE DEAD!
  • No auto-hitting and auto-killing!!
  • I will make a form later on, the ENTIRE from must be filled out, any open spaces is NOT accepted to the RP
  • I expect proper spelling and grammer, no 1337 talk like 'some1' which as far as I know is just Someone, if you fail to comply, you're out of the RP, mistakes though are accepted, like minor spelling errors.
  • Posts must be at LEAST 2 lines of FULL text, no single line posts.
  • NO superpowers like destroying the world, or my own favorite, the almost unkillable mistform  :D

That's about it... I hope, on to the form I would say.

Name: Your character's name, can be filled out with: of no importance
~Species: Your character's species
*Height: Your character's height
*Weight: Your character's weight

Weapons: Any weapons your character carries with him, if any throwable weapons, state how many.
Armor: Any armor your character wears
Equipment: Any other equipment that the character has
**Spells: Any spells the character has
***Spell-like abilities: any spell-like abilities the character has, like psionics and chakra usage

****Abilities: Any abilities your character has
Powers: Any powers your character has, like my own Mistform
Traits: Any traits that the character has, like increased speed, or ragebred, etc.

~ The character's species MUST be purebred of mixed with another common race, like a feline/wolf hybrid is acceptable, but a vampire or werewolf is NOT, those are added templates. If I disagree with you species I will PM you about it instead of blatantly kicking you out of the RP.

*Must be filled out, things without a single asterix can be filled out with 'not present' or something similar that indicates you don't have that specific trait.

** This is your whole spellist, doing it like 'several magic abilities' will not be sufficient, So I expect that you will place all spells in there, every, single, one.

*** Same as spells.

**** All abilities, and explain what they do, example:
Quote from: unknown
Whispermage: The ability of a mage to render and verbal components null, Also known as casting without the magic words. The spell is not as powerfull but can be cast as even if silenced, the verbal components can be added later on to give the spell more power.

That should clarify what you need to fill out, on the storyline then.

Deep in the outskirts of the land, on the plain of tears, stands an arena crafted from the bones of the proud warriors that had fallen there during the war between two neighboring countries. Within the halls are chambers for each participant and a single main hall that rests in the underwords of the arena, The chamber of blood, named so because the blood of those that fight above them seeps through the earth and soil and drips down the walls of the chamber, painting them an eery red. There stands a single wolf, his fur as dark as midnight and his eyes hollow and dead, his body is bony and it seems he has not fed in ages, but he is merely the first step of entering the warfare above, the clergy that will subscribe you into the arena.

He speaks in cold monotones, his voice torn by ages of fighting himself, as he explains the rules of combat to the combatants.
"The ones that are subscribed shall challenge each other and it is up to the challenged to choose the style that they will fight in, the styles are: magic and spell-like abilities, melee, and ranged. During a match there shall be nothing allowed that falls out of the chosen style, like in melee there shall be wards to prevent any use of magic and weapons that are not melee. There is one exception though, the weapons that come natural to one can be used at all times, tooth and nail that is. There are guardians, each a mighty fighter on his own, together unstoppable, to prevent any infractions of the rules, they fight well, and wards have been placed upon them to render them immune to the powers of the magic wards that work against all combatants, so beware.... they will show no mercy."

The wolf nods to the combatants and points them to a passage ahead of him, the passage that will lead to the arena itself. The two stairwells are small and cramped, barely enough to walk shoulder to shoulder with another, but they lead to a small area that is barred of to the main arena by an iron gate with spears mounted on the top. As the gate opens the arena comes into view, The sand on the floors is colored red from the blood that seeped into it, and six pillars stand within, two in the center and two on each side, to form a perfect six-sided figure. The distance between each of the pillars is 100' and the total diameter of the circular arena is 300'. On the other side there is another combatant, waiting eagerly for the fight to begin....

Current player's and their character's

Player: Rahvan

Name: Of no importance
Species: Jalaxian (Common race, bipedal felinoid.)
*Height: 6'1"
*Weight: 140 lbs

Weapons: A daisho (Katana and Wakazashi)
Armor: Kabuto, Oyoroi, Haramaki, Doumaru, Tousei-Gosoku (Note: each is enchanted on his own right, to ward of melee combatants in specific.)
Equipment: Robe and hood with the watcher's emblem placed upon them, circlet, Elixer of blood (potion)
**Spells:  v v
  • Regression: Regressing a person in age
  • progression: Progressing a person in age
  • Shadowstep: Stepping from a shadowy area large enough to hold him, to another area large enough to hold him.
  • Lightning bolt: streak Lightning is being hurled from his paws
  • Death's gaurdian: Duration 1 hour, resurrects the user when dying within it's duration.
  • ***Spell-like abilities: Non present

****Abilities: Whispermage (See above in the quote)
    Powers: Lightning devourer, inverted healing
    Traits: Quick (training), agile (Natural)

« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 06:27:53 PM by Rahvan »

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: Life's Sanctuary. (Serious please)
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 08:38:30 PM »
Let's see... how to make this work. This is a modification of my 'original' Vosur to fit here.

Name: Vosur Aekira
Species: Rare White Wolf-Human mix. (Even more rare are the two-tailed types.)
Height: 5'11'' or almost 2 meters (depending on country)
Weight: 150

Weapons: Detatchable Left-handed katana at waist (right side for easier left-hand draw). A massive mechanical-looking sword on back which is comprised of smaller sword-like portions, the whole weapon referred to as a MultiBuster Sword, the way it rests on back is for another left-handed draw.

Armor: All the clothing he wears is made from a dark-colored metallic fiber. Specific areas such as the chest-area of the shirt, the shoes, and the guantlets have extra 'padding' which is comprised of composites of 'harder' metal fibers. A 'decorative' part of his clothing-armor is a headband he wears around his neck like a scarf, the metal of the headband appears to be silver.

Equipment: ((I'll have to limit myself here, my original character had much more than I'll specify)) Built into the left-hand gauntlet is a grapnel line launcher with a 300 meter line, along with a Data Log/Link device also built into it. In the shades he wears is a recording device, thermal/Magnetic-Resonance imaging/light-amplification device, and a language translation device, all of which can syncronize with the Data Log/Link Device in his left gauntlet. In a backpack he wears is a gauntlet-like attachment that can fit on either hand, called a Regenerative Accelerator Attachement, it can speed up the healing process in a specific area by consuming spiritual energies of the person using the RAA.

Spells: None
Spell-like Abilities: (To allow for progression, I'll put my toned-down list here) Wind Blade- Allows the user to create a temporary sword from Chi and Wind Spiritual Energy, giving it an invisible appearance until the 'blade' comes into contact with any solid matter. It is not as powerful as a metal blade and can only withstand a few direct hits before tiring the user out.

Vortex Shield- A Wind Spiritual Energy technique that creates a very small hurricane around the user as a defensive measure, the user being the 'eye' of it. It can become offensive as the user can directionalize the force of the wind to one target area, and will lose all defensive capabilities due to that change.

Wind Cannon- A combined technique of both Wind Spiritual Energy and Chi Manipulation, it creates an orb of the two chaotic energies together. When 'fired' it can bore through at least 20 meters of solid matter before stopping. Once it has stopped, it is like a 'bomb' waiting to be triggered by the user, whether it is by the snap of his/her fingers, or even by a blink of his/her eyes. Upon 'detonation', the winds from this technique are comparative to Category 3 hurricanes.

Powers: Wind Spiritual Energy Manipulation- As the name implies, it's the simple manipulation of wind and air through the use of the spiritual energy. Such effects from it can be anything from a simple breeze to a directionalized hurricane depending on the control of the user. Can be mixed with other abilities or equipment for different effects such as creating an aesthetically-healing breeze or a violently-explosive orb of wind and Chi.

Chi Swordsmanship/Simple Chi Manipulation- The capability of using the body's energy to invoke certain effects on a blade that is compatible with a user. The usage of Chi for extended periods of time, can shatter the bones of the user if that individual is not careful. Training in this area, as with any skill, power, or trait can increase the duration before damage is done.

Traits: Quick and Agile (Somewhat natural and trained on both), Spiritual and Inventive (Trained)

((This is my 'base' character that took me 4 years in the making, and compiling/limiting all of this took me about 3 hours to post... so I may have to take a good break before I post In-Character))