The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Thoughts on an "Officially Unoffical" TFF Minecraft server  (Read 1740 times)

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Topic Starter
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Thoughts on an "Officially Unoffical" TFF Minecraft server
« on: January 10, 2015, 02:48:02 PM »
Hi TFF peeps! I've been wanting to get into Minecraft so I was searching around for some good servers to play on, unfortunately I wasn't able to find anything to my liking. So I thought I would make one, I found a very highly rated and cheap host who would be willing to host one for me, I'd be able to pay for it completely on my own without need for donations. However, I didn't want to have a minecraft server with no one on it! So I thought, Tunny used to have a minecraft server specifically for TFF, and I thought, why not I make one for TFF!

So yes, I've been thinking of making an Officially unofficial TFF minecraft server and I want to know your guys thoughts on this! Specifically on this

1. (Most important) Would you play it?
  2. What mods would you want on it?
  3. What settings would you like? (Survival, PvP, etc)
  4. Where would you want the server? (Current options are either France or Canada, but if I pay a little extra I can get one in the US)
  5. How many slots would you like? (Currently I'm aiming for 24, but if there is a need for more slots I'm willing to pay a little bit extra)
  6. Would you be willing to staff it? (I just want a list of those who may be willing to be very active on the server and staff it, saying yes to this question doesn't mean you'll get a position necessarily)
  7. Any other thoughts on the server?

Feedback would be appreciated! If there's not enough support I may turn the server into something else.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Poster
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
Re: Thoughts on an "Officially Unoffical" TFF Minecraft server
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 02:53:53 PM »
1.would play it every now and then
2.Vanilla is good for me, add what you will, but I do believe there's a player model mod that would appeal to furries
3.Survival and PvP
4.Doesn't matter, I'm in Africa.
5.24 is way more than enugh
6.Maybe
7.Try get it tied in with the TFF domain. minecraft.thefurryforum.com

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 02:57:10 PM »
You're a fox again MrRazot xD

I like to keep 24 because I feel that's a generally good number in terms of players. I'm not sure about the TFF domain thing, I'll have to investigate that a bit further. Thanks for the input Razot!

EDIT: I'd be able to get the subdomain thefurryforum.mcserver.ws

EDIT2: I would be able to get minecraft.thefurryforum.com provided I got permission from Tweak
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 03:01:18 PM by anoni »

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Poster
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 03:03:23 PM »
That domain name sounds good :D
and yes, I'm a fox again :P
as are you

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 03:09:26 PM »
1. would play it when im not hiding on a prison type server (just  one type i like to do)

2. vanilla is great because i don't know how to install mods for heck and my pc hates them because they use so much ram (measured my ram use with normal and modded)
3. survival and im a bit off with the pvp because no bet there would be that one person who would just kill everyone for the heck of it
4. i dont care as long as it has uptime and i can connect to it im happy
5. 24 is plenty
6. if you want me to ill mod it but i no bet have forgotten the commands and i tend to be strict with it because twitch mod (i wont go into what i get publicly ask me in a private msg u might be shocked)
7. get minecraft.thefurryforum.com if possible
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 03:18:14 PM »
Mods installed on the server wouldn't require the client to install the mods.

Currently I'm thinking of the following mods

Bukkit (Ofc)
Factions (Perhaps)
Some warping mod so people can start their own cities and create a warp for them
Possibly some PvP mod so people can opt in and out of PvP at their will (Measures will be taken to assure this isn't abused)

NOTE: The server will be up 24/7. I'll be hosting it from a service provider, not from my own home
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 03:26:28 PM by anoni »

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 03:42:20 PM »
1. I absolutely would play it!

2. I'm fine with vanilla, but any mods to spice things up are welcome.

3. Survival and PVP.

4. We'll have to see where the majority of those interested are from to say for sure, but I'm guessing a server in Canada or the US may be the safest bet.

5. 24 is fine.

6. I'm up for it. I should have plenty of time to staff the server at this rate. :P

7. If possible, an additional creative map will be cool. I've played on a server where they had a portal to a superflat world in which the land was divided like a grid. A person could "buy" a square and build whatever they wanted in it.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 03:47:58 PM »
In regards to PvP, I'm thinking of an Opt-In Opt-Out system. Where you need to Opt-In to PvP mode, where you can fight others who are also Opt-In to PvP. If you are Opt-Out, then you cannot do damage to other people, but they can't damage you either. This plugin would be the one we'd probably use (thanks Razot): http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/pvpcontrol/

Is anybody against this?

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 03:49:16 PM »
heck no i hate servers that allow constant pvp because theres that one that targets everyone and a greif protection if possible because theft would happen

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2015, 03:55:30 PM »
I say that No PVP should be the default for players. Like, everyone who joins is automatically unable to participate in PVP unless they choose to. Therefore it's at their own risk if they do.

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2015, 03:56:37 PM »
yea make it to have to opt in i wont fight i rather like the idea of a opt in pvp

Offline Hycanith

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Shhhh....
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat-Fox!
  • Coloring: Like that! ^
  • Height: Tall.
  • Weight: 130 lbs.
  • Build: Slim.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: That spring clean.
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2015, 09:54:43 PM »
Yes! I have been craving some minecraft!

2. Vanilla works for me, but I will keep my eyes open for anything interesting..

3. I like survival with pvp areas.

4. I live in Canada!

5. 24 is probably a little much.

6. I wouldn't be active enough to help.

7. Hmm.... Nope! Nothing I can think of.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2015, 10:11:29 PM »
My bet is that it will be griefed halfway to hell like the last few that people have attempted. Hope it works though!
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2015, 10:21:33 PM »
It can be whitelisted. But we need to have someone who can check who wants to join the server often and update the list so people don't have to wait for a long time to be accepted. It took a few weeks for me to be allowed on the previous server, and by the time I was accepted I was barely interested anymore. I wouldn't want that to happen to people again.

Offline Dax Declan

• Headphone Guy
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Mr. Misty-Eyed
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Purple-bluish
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Slim but toned
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2015, 11:39:03 PM »
1. I really don't play that much mine craft but I think I would participate in a server for the forums.
2. I'm fine with whatever. Maybe something like a backpack mod. I always liked using those.
3. I would like Survival. I don't really care much for pvp. Never was good at it.
4. I'm in northern Indiana so Canada would probably work pretty well with my situation.
5. I think 24 would be enough. Seems like plenty.
6. I would be Willing to be staff and would be active if my grade stay up. If they go down I would only be active on weekends.
7. I have seen a lot of gaming communities for because the server doesn't keep updating the content so my only thought is for you to have stuff like weekly or monthly updates
I don't roleplay In any shape or form.