The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Prevention without cure  (Read 1075 times)

Offline Helenor

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I have anger issues
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Purplish-pink
  • Height: 2.5 feet (4 feet including ears)
  • Weight: 6 kg
  • Currently: Wasting my time with my "family"
Prevention without cure
« on: January 05, 2015, 05:29:51 PM »
Here's what you need to know: there two organizations at war, both have the same motives, possibly different tools, and different ways of thinking. What matters is that they're no good guys in this. What are their motives? World domination. Why? Because in life everyone should be fair says Lunatic.Org. Because justice is absent in this world says Harpen.Inc. What tools do are they using you ask? Is it some huge thermonuclear based weapon to be used as a death threat? That's one way to do it I guess, but we're looking for something smaller. A technologically advanced vehicle? No, smaller. An unawakened monster ready to be unleased? Smaller. A test subject gone wrong. A lot smaller, unless you test subject is about at least 10,000 times smaller than the average human being. We're talking about the nano, the micro. Where hair and fur are forests and the spaces between your finger and the nails are gigantic caverns.

You might be thinking "Surely such a tiny object would do no harm" And you might expect a twist, and hope that it isn't mind controlling nanomites. Well, it isn't exactly mind controlling, unless you count setting triggers for the brain (eg. cat = fear) as mind control.

Lunatic.Org
Biots are extensions to the user's senses, acting as a detached organ. They operate from mind to machine, meaning everything is done by the user, no electronic parts required. Consists of organic tissue and carbon fibre based tools
Pros: User can move freely in the real world(I.e, can sit in a cafe and battle at the same time), not transmitters
Cons: Weaker compared to the nanobots. Can't be replaced only repaired, only one can be used

Harpen.Inc
Nanobots are generally bots that require controls from a transmitter, meaning the user must have their equipment all set in one place in order to use them(No they're not portable). A skilled user (Or twitcher) could control multiple bots at once. Bots can be replaced if broken. The equipment consists of a chair, a headband connected to a computer, and a console of your choice.
Pros: Can be replaced, can control multiple bots, stronger
Cons: Transmitters attached to bots are easily broken, would lose control if device is broken or hacked, must stay with equipment to operate

Lunatic.Org

Skeleton:
Name:
Code Name:
Species:
Appearance:
Background(Unobigatory but recommended):
Personality(We know the character based on how they react, though you can post here):
Biot functions(Nanocreatures can attack each other, just try not to kill the host):
Biot design:

Harpen.Inc

Skeleton:
Name:
Code Name:
Species:
Appearance:
Background(Unobigatory but recommended):
Personality(We know the character based on how they react, though you can post here):
Nanobot functions(Nanocreatures can attack each other, just try not to kill the host):
Nanobot design:

I wonder how this'll work out. I'm terrible at writing back stories
I'm me and you're you. End of story. I don't date "Hot" guys or that guy with a hood in the corner. Actually I don't know what I'm into. Dang