The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: First World Rants  (Read 54176 times)

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
Re: First World Rants
« Reply #1620 on: January 13, 2018, 12:22:24 AM »
I set up a Windows X P virtual machine on mu Surface Pro 4 purely to play some 16-bit games I played as a kid. Only one of the games I tried so far works properly. Another one technically works, but due to modern CPU clock, it goes so fast it's impossible to play. Everything else just bugs out immediately during boot up, one of which managed to freeze the thing.

I found a Windows 98 disc hidden in my desk drawer a couple months ago. I may try to make a VM with that on my desktop and see if it works any better. Probably won't.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 12:25:11 AM by Evnamishko, Reason: friggen smiley »

Offline Alistair

• Resident pink saber
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Smilodon Populator
  • Coloring: Strawberry, cream, and black
  • Height: 7'2"
  • Weight: 350lb
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: Fortnite dancing into the inevitable future
« Reply #1621 on: January 13, 2018, 12:50:24 AM »
Replacement chargers never last long enough. I'm hoping the one I got this time, since it's actually branded, stays together for a longer time period.
Royal Saber floof mane the first

Sir Sabering the first

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #1622 on: January 14, 2018, 01:26:46 AM »
I think I stretched funny, and now the right side of my back around my ribcage hurts. It hurts to move and even breathe. X_X

Offline John Red Beard

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
« Reply #1623 on: January 14, 2018, 02:20:37 AM »
When you're drawing and playing video games all day, then 5:30pm rolls around and you're like, "Wait, have I eaten anything today?"
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #1624 on: January 14, 2018, 05:09:03 PM »
I wanted to use my old Nexus 7 for the guitar tuning app, but apparently it finally decided to kick the bucket. I let it charge but it's still not turning on.

Edit: IT LIVES! Apparently it just takes longer to charge now.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 12:42:28 AM by Evnamishko »

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #1625 on: January 15, 2018, 03:11:34 AM »
I want to update Mo'Creatures but trying to download the latest version only leads to a bright red virus warning page.

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Poster
  • Learning the wisdom of the wolf
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral Wolf
  • Coloring: White with black and grey frosting, generally a Native American feather dangle from one ear.
  • Height: big... a little over 40" at shoulders when 4 footing, over 6' standing
  • Weight: 190 +
  • Build: like a very healthy, active wolf should look!
  • Currently: learning... so much to learn!
« Reply #1626 on: January 15, 2018, 05:04:17 PM »
sitting here (gingerly), dealing with post surgery pain on the bum, complaining about the fact the meds provided have minor side affects...
Fuzzpaws the Wolf (temporarily)

(2 spirits, one body, one mind shared by both
Apache's call it Naake ni)

(Avatar artist unknown, will remove if needed)

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #1627 on: January 16, 2018, 03:47:11 AM »
My hands are too small and fingers too short to play chords on my acoustic guitar properly.

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1628 on: January 17, 2018, 02:08:08 PM »
Upstairs neighbour seem to have decided it'd be a good idea to pick up drumming.

I sure as hell hope this won't become a habit.

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #1629 on: January 17, 2018, 03:49:58 PM »
Everytime I get a new book I have to reorganize my shelves, whether that be because my OCD demands it or I just need to add the book(s) to a part of the shelf that's full.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #1630 on: January 18, 2018, 04:45:07 PM »
Whenever I drink this orange soda, I find it has an odd taste maybe stronger than the orange, and makes me feel slightly but briefly ill after ingesting. When I first started drinking it, I didn't notice it. Now it takes me like a month to get through a 2 liter because I don't find the taste/feeling worth it, but I try to drink it on occasion to not waste what I have already stocked. I don't know what could be causing the issue.

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1631 on: January 22, 2018, 02:53:26 PM »
Dropped my phone once too much and now the screen is like half-way popped out.
Might be I could just push it back into place, but I don't really dare to do that. >->'

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #1632 on: January 22, 2018, 03:55:14 PM »
Whenever I drink this orange soda, I find it has an odd taste maybe stronger than the orange, and makes me feel slightly but briefly ill after ingesting. When I first started drinking it, I didn't notice it. Now it takes me like a month to get through a 2 liter because I don't find the taste/feeling worth it, but I try to drink it on occasion to not waste what I have already stocked. I don't know what could be causing the issue.

Easy...

I think I talked about this before, but pretty much all sodas actually taste kind of terrible, but most people don't realise it, and keep drinking it because they're addicted to the sugar inside of it.

If you start to dislike the taste of soda, it means that you, for whatever cause or reason, are loosing that crave for sugar, are now starting to realise just how bad soda actually tastes, because it's soo over-the-top sweet.

Whatever it is, it's most likely a good thing, as it means you're heading towards a healthier diet! c;

Offline Dazed

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Not real
    • Awards
  • Species: Raptor
« Reply #1633 on: January 22, 2018, 03:57:03 PM »
yay. Stress. Constantly. Bleee

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #1634 on: January 22, 2018, 04:01:59 PM »

Easy...

I think I talked about this before, but pretty much all sodas actually taste kind of terrible, but most people don't realise it, and keep drinking it because they're addicted to the sugar inside of it.

If you start to dislike the taste of soda, it means that you, for whatever cause or reason, are loosing that crave for sugar, are now starting to realise just how bad soda actually tastes, because it's soo over-the-top sweet.

Whatever it is, it's most likely a good thing, as it means you're heading towards a healthier diet! c;

Nope. I forgot to mention that it's diet soda. And I know it's not because of the artificial sweetener because I drink others with the same kind in it and have no issue with them.