The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: First World Rants  (Read 54194 times)

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request Top 100 Poster
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
Re: First World Rants
« Reply #1485 on: May 18, 2017, 12:52:22 PM »
I keep letting my drinks get cold!

Offline ?

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Poster
  • Evolution Pokémon
    • Awards
  • Species: eevee
  • Height: 1'
  • Weight: 14.1 lbs
  • Currently: ^v^
« Reply #1486 on: May 22, 2017, 02:02:56 PM »
Aww man, forgot my earbuds at home was in a hurry.   oh well
Everything comes from nothing
Everything is something
So just let it all keep happening

Don't be a means to someone's end
It's all just beginning why can't we extend
An invitation to every hand

All hands can clap
All hearts are beating equally
The pulls of the air we're breathing

If we can believe in one part of it
Then we can believe in all of it
So don't stop
Don't stop the party

Offline Malina

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Malina is here and deffo queer
    • Awards
  • Species: Border collie
« Reply #1487 on: June 01, 2017, 08:32:21 AM »
Came off my bike one too many times and seem to have completely knackered the thing. Repairing and upgrading what needs to be upgraded would cost more than the bike's worth, and seeing as I both hate it and how old it is I feel it's time to just get a new one. That means saving up for a while and until then I'm stuck taking the bus and trains everywhere :/
[/URL]

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #1488 on: June 04, 2017, 06:31:28 PM »
I can't find my WFC Soundwave, I've been looking for it for weeks!

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #1489 on: June 08, 2017, 07:23:14 AM »

The dumbscape community sickens me sometimes.
Particularly the Oldschool one.
Especially the Oldschool one.

Sure, it's fine if you disagree with Pride, or even with LGBT as a whole.

Just don't come crying when you get muted/banned for standing around in-game cosplaying as Hitler or a KKK-member while spamming the chat with all kinds of colorful threats.
Actually, a better idea would be, just don't do those things to begin with.
It's rather childish, and most of it isn't funny at all.
(I'll admit some of it is, tho. Doesn't mean I agree with what they're saying or anything. Just that my sense of humor is awful.)

It's generally easier to try and convince people/make people respect your opinion if you can argue for it in a civilized manner rather than acting like a crap-flinging monkey.
At least I have a hard time taking people like that seriously.

Sure, "it's just a prank bro", but stuff like that is still against the rules of the game, wether you like it or not.
And I think most sane people would agree that it'd be a lot more fun to play the game if it wasn't full of whining manchildren.
In some ways, it's almost as if they're asking for an in-game Darwin award.

Tho to be fair, if the event had been announced as "Collect the fragments of the rainbow to earn a rainbow-themed cosmetic" rather than "Next week, there'll be a small event to celebrate Pride2017", I'm pretty sure things wouldn't have blown up like this.
Most people just seem upset because "I don't want real life/political issues in my fantasty game! It breaks the immersion!" or "I don't mind people being gay/whatever, but don't try to shoehorn it into the game like this".

The first one would kinda require stuff like  the 4th of July and Thanksgiving events to be removed from the game in the future (which would even make sense as the company behind the game is British), as well as whole quest lines being removed/rewritten (the goblin quests in particular springs to mind.), otherwise it'd be rather hypocritical.
Another thing to remember is that the event is so small it takes up about seven squares in-game, you won't see anything of it unless you seek it out yourself, and it's 100% optional. It's not like anything is being shoved down anyone's throat here.
And the reward is a statless cosmetic, so it's not like not completing it means you'll miss out on some best-in-slot combat gear either. Literally no reason to complain.
And people complaining that there'd need to be a BLM-event or a Pro-life event because of this also have no leg to stand on.
If there can be a 4th of July event, why can't there also be a (for example) 6th of December event? Or a 17th of May?
Why should one country get special treatment but not any other? Hurp-durp.

The second one I can kinda agree with.
I'd much have preferred something less forced, like a change to one of the quests where you're essentially forced to enter an arranged marriage. (Wait, more real-life issues! Tho I'm going to be unfair and assume the majority don't mind this one, as the majority are males who get to marry a badass princess.)
As I play as a female, I was stuck marrying a random poet/bard prince. Which is totally fine by me, since I love me a well-spoken word artist.
BUT, he insulted my hair by comparing it to a bramble bush, and that's where the line is drawn - Call me a fat cow all you like (doesn't happen, just an example), but leave my hair out of this! >:C
Would much rather have preferred to marry the princess. Not only because of that hair-thing, but because I believe she'd have been a better fit for my in-game character.
Would've been a much better change to just allow people to marry whoever they want regardless of gender, and it would have felt less forced. And for the people who have that as a concern, less in-your-face since you wouldn't even notice it was there unless you for some reason went out of your way to try and woo the person of your gender, and 100% optional.

I'm all for games being inclusive and having LGBT characters, but when they randomly decide "Ohaidere! One-off Pride event guys!" it feels like they're just after cheap points.
Dumbscape 3 handled this really well by adding lore that explain the whole Aviansie race doesn't care what gender their partner is, and the backstory of Armadyl telling how his first marriage/relationship was with another male.
They never mention the gender of his partner in the second marriage, meaning he could either be gay or bi.
Then there's also another quest that (while being mostly non-canon, except for where it is) in passing suggests another character is gay/bi.
None of the dumbscape 3 community had any issues with this (at least not to the point of random riots breaking out), with most praising them for handling this in a manner that made it feel natural.

And, I want to think the majority of all dumbscape players, regardless of the version they play, either don't care, embrace, or at the very least handle this gracefully, in the case of people who don't agree with LGBTs at all. The things happening now are the loud minority and/or people just having a laugh.

...Wow, I sound upset/triggered here. I don't think I am tho. Just annoyed that people have to blow small insignificant stuff like this way out of proportion.
The short version is, the event is 100% optional, you won't see any of it unless you actively search for it (people who do the event and decide to wear the reward excluded, ofc, but seeing as it is cosmetic I doubt a lot of people will care much about wearing it), the rewards are cosmetic, and no mention of Pride whatsoever will be in-game.

Oh, and it's just a game. Can't forget about that one.
...Said she who just spent all this time writing a ridiculously long post about the whole thing... >->

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #1490 on: June 08, 2017, 07:23:39 PM »
Ugh. Age ratings are so weird at times. What doesn't help is that there's a different age rating for movies and for games, that the age ratings in the US are different from those in the Netherlands and that there's even one age rating I developed myself for personal use to judge and create artwork.

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1491 on: June 10, 2017, 09:10:04 AM »
I just had to flood my bathroom floor because of a stupid hairpin that had ended up in the washing machine filter.
I don't even use hair pins >->

Offline SadDubwool

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Long time member guy, Never here.
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lop Rabbit
  • Coloring: Dark brown fur with light brown splotches
  • Height: Height:5'7
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: We'll have ourselves a ball
« Reply #1492 on: June 16, 2017, 12:05:38 PM »
roblox existing
Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark, guard them well or one day you may be your own victim.

Offline Dazed

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Not real
    • Awards
  • Species: Raptor
« Reply #1493 on: June 16, 2017, 12:07:08 PM »
Bethesda cant actually finish their games for the life of them.
Thanks, restoration patches!

Offline SadDubwool

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Long time member guy, Never here.
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lop Rabbit
  • Coloring: Dark brown fur with light brown splotches
  • Height: Height:5'7
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: We'll have ourselves a ball
« Reply #1494 on: June 16, 2017, 12:11:12 PM »
Bethesda cant actually finish their games for the life of them.
Thanks, restoration patches!
agreed, although i enjoy most of their games they all seem to have the problem of being unfinished in some way

Post Merge: June 16, 2017, 12:13:29 PM
and most of it needs to be fixed by the dear fans, with mods and many other things. many bethesda games seem t have very promising yet unrelease content that would make the games even better if such things were added
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 12:13:29 PM by Martin, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark, guard them well or one day you may be your own victim.

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1495 on: June 22, 2017, 01:56:58 PM »
Heads off to the store.
Grabs the kind of chips I usually like. In other words, plain salted.
Or so I think.
Turns out it's the "limited edition" Seasalt and butter flavour. Easy mistake, as the bags are both yellow, and I stressed through the shop as it was crowded.
Because everyone have to panic-buy food for the midsummer celebrations tomorrow.
The shops will be closed for a whopping TWO days.
The horror.
THE HORROR!
Nothing wrong with the chips flavour tho, could actually be good, I think.
Turns out it's actually just Sour cream & onion-chips in disguise. Almost down to the ingredient list.
It contains both the sour cream AND the onion.
No hints of seasalt or butter tho.
Shouldn't really be surprised tho, as this is the case pretty much every time this company launch a "New" or "Limited" chips flavour.
I don't like SC&O-flavoured chips all that much.

Seriously tho. EVERY. TIME.
If not a repackaged slightly different version of SC&O, it's Sour cream & *something else*
What the heck is up with that?
"Oh, but sour cream is the most popular flavour", they say.
Well, maybe because it's not like we're give much of a choice here? >->
Gone are those days when new/limited flavours actually were interesting.
Like those olive oil and black pepper chips.
THOSE were great. And not a hint of sour cream either.

Grrrr and stuff.

Offline Malina

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Malina is here and deffo queer
    • Awards
  • Species: Border collie
« Reply #1496 on: June 22, 2017, 02:37:26 PM »
Playing judge, jury and executioner over an internet.. altercation with friends. I wish the internet just didn't exist
[/URL]

Offline Salakar Crocoli

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Wolf
  • Coloring: Pale Gold-ish, with some grey patches
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 150
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #1497 on: June 25, 2017, 11:58:01 PM »
I have 2 short rants. Sunscreen sucks. It's so inconvenient that I would almost rather just get burnt, it's slimy when you put it on, and you just sweat it off anyway.

Glasses suck. I can deal with having to clean them, keep them on my face, and without them I wouldn't be able to see. My two biggest problems with them are that humans have dominant eyes and weather. All people have a dominant eye but it doesn't bug most people. It bigs me because the rims of my glasses look different because of my dominant eye so even if I have my glasses on perfectly straight, the right lense looks bigger, but they look straight to everyone else.

Edit: removed inaccurate complaining

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 05:12:30 PM by Salakar Crocoli »
I'm done with this thing. I don't know what to put here.

guest22811

« Reply #1498 on: June 26, 2017, 08:55:03 AM »
My **censor** power supply in my pc doesn't connect to the cpu properly
its literally an inch away no joke

Offline John Red Beard

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
« Reply #1499 on: June 27, 2017, 02:28:41 AM »
I have so much music that I could listen to it for over a week straight without hearing the same song twice... And I'm bored with all of it. :S
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")