The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: First World Rants  (Read 54142 times)

Offline Nutmeg

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • A squirrel with a sweet tooth.
    • Awards
  • Species: Squirrel
  • Coloring: Purple fur with a pink border and a light yellow underside. Light pink hair.
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 60kg
  • Build: A little curvier than average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Shop shop shop til you drop
Re: First World Rants
« Reply #1470 on: April 27, 2017, 10:20:31 AM »
I don't have anymore shelf space for my comics and books and figures AND minerals, so everytime I add something I have to debate which don't deserve to be on the shelves anymore. No space for new shelves either  :'(
^ That's right, a spice was named after this squirrel!!
^ Is the best squirrel and also the sweetest

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Grizzly Bear
  • Coloring: Dark brown overall
  • Height: 6' 0".
  • Weight: 172 lbs.
  • Build: Average build.
  • Currently: Keeping the Spirit of 2073 alive
« Reply #1471 on: April 28, 2017, 05:20:21 AM »
I swear, some people just go stupid when ordering food. Like brain dead, mouth breathing stupid.

"Thank for choosing ******, can I take your order?"

UUUUH LET ME GET UUUUHHHH

Ten minutes later..

UUUUUH LET ME GET A LARGE COKE

"[Sounds of pans and spatulas flying around in the distance]"

I swear the next customer who holds up the whole breaking-down-the-kitchen process is going to catch a flying elbow drop from the roof of this fREAKING DRIVE IN.

Spoiler for Hidden:

Image: Me performing a flying elbow drop on the next customer
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 05:40:12 AM by Blaiiine »
A   P S Y C H E D E L I C   B O I

Offline Nutmeg

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • A squirrel with a sweet tooth.
    • Awards
  • Species: Squirrel
  • Coloring: Purple fur with a pink border and a light yellow underside. Light pink hair.
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 60kg
  • Build: A little curvier than average
  • Currently: Shop shop shop til you drop
« Reply #1472 on: April 28, 2017, 06:45:43 AM »
I've been eating boiled eggs every morning for a while now, why can't I boil them to my liking yet??
Also started a low carb diet, gosh I miss pancakes..
^ That's right, a spice was named after this squirrel!!
^ Is the best squirrel and also the sweetest

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #1473 on: April 28, 2017, 08:57:14 AM »
I hate how pretty much everyone I've lost touch with and haven't seen for the last 5 or so years seem to recognize and remember me, while I can't seem to remember or recognize almost anyone myself >->
It gets so awkward to constantly have to roll through the "Ohaidere, do you remember me?"-questionnaire, and how some people get extremely offended when I can't seem to place them.

What's even weirder is that I don't even know why people would even bother to try and remember me to begin with.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #1474 on: April 30, 2017, 06:34:59 PM »
I hate how pretty much everyone I've lost touch with and haven't seen for the last 5 or so years seem to recognize and remember me, while I can't seem to remember or recognize almost anyone myself >->
It gets so awkward to constantly have to roll through the "Ohaidere, do you remember me?"-questionnaire, and how some people get extremely offended when I can't seem to place them.

What's even weirder is that I don't even know why people would even bother to try and remember me to begin with.

I had someone recognize me from frikken elementary school recently.

H0W???

Offline StellaTheMutt

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Doberman
  • Coloring: Black and tan. Blonde hair and blue eyes.
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 117 lbs.
  • Build: Sinuous and lithe, angular features and soft curves.
  • Currently: Relaxed
« Reply #1475 on: April 30, 2017, 08:55:04 PM »
No one has joined my roleplay.

I know that serious/complicated roleplays often don't get attention, but it's really not tedious. There's a lot to read, but I wanted to be thorough. Most of the rules are just common sense. It's not the most romantic, but I think I came up with a pretty solid premise. I'm a new user, but I don't think you all are the type to have a judgement against that.

It just bothers me that I can't figured out why.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #1476 on: May 01, 2017, 05:15:35 AM »
The heat is both uncomfortable and seems to spawn bugs out of thin air. 0utside or inside, the air is full of little flying creatures and it's annoying. :(

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1477 on: May 01, 2017, 05:49:18 AM »
No one has joined my roleplay.

I know that serious/complicated roleplays often don't get attention, but it's really not tedious. There's a lot to read, but I wanted to be thorough. Most of the rules are just common sense. It's not the most romantic, but I think I came up with a pretty solid premise. I'm a new user, but I don't think you all are the type to have a judgement against that.

It just bothers me that I can't figured out why.

That's honestly just how the Serious RP board is. I started the Old World Blues thread and it took a while for someone to even consider joining. I forgot about it until like a week or two later, it popped up in my unread replies. I think it's since there's a lot more frequent users who only RP on the Fun board (which has a few good complicated threads). So don't stress it, someone will eventually stumble across it and join. Hell, I'll look it up and post a character sheet.

As for my first world rant, I hate that my manager just bumped me from four days a week to six. Don't get me wrong, I love the extra cash in my pocket but I really liked my old schedule. Got to close on Saturday, then worked prep for half the week. Left me open to watch Monday Night Raw and Tuesday Night Smackdown. But it's whatever, I get to work with my work buddies on most of the days and I still get Monday off so that's at least one night of rasslin'.

Look at me, whining about having a job. I should be ashamed of myself.

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #1478 on: May 05, 2017, 02:16:36 AM »
Migraines, day 4.
Really starting to get on my nerves now >->

Offline ?

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Most Online
  • Evolution Pokémon
    • Awards
  • Species: eevee
  • Height: 1'
  • Weight: 14.1 lbs
  • Currently: ^v^
« Reply #1479 on: May 07, 2017, 04:14:23 PM »
Well great, just messed up my back audio port, seems like any  audio hardware just hates me, especially after all those broken headphones  T_T   Simply moves a blanket then light shock and now messed up just like my front port so where only one side of earphones will only work when fully plugged in which is the reason why I usually replace my headphones because of that happening.  >:(    I need to just get some USB headphones . . .  now need to very weirdly and loosing plug in headphones to get both sides to work till then.
Everything comes from nothing
Everything is something
So just let it all keep happening

Don't be a means to someone's end
It's all just beginning why can't we extend
An invitation to every hand

All hands can clap
All hearts are beating equally
The pulls of the air we're breathing

If we can believe in one part of it
Then we can believe in all of it
So don't stop
Don't stop the party

Offline Brigand

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/Coyote
  • Height: 186cm
  • Weight: 85kg
  • Build: Slim/slightly muscular
« Reply #1480 on: May 15, 2017, 04:46:33 PM »
First day at my new job and I already forgot to take something to drink, so I had to drink tap water in the bathroom like a filthy barbarian. I mean I am a filthy barbarian, but it still was kind of unpleasant.

Offline John Red Beard

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
« Reply #1481 on: May 15, 2017, 05:23:34 PM »
My phone is refusing to talk to the wifi in my house. The phone says it's connected to the wifi and the wifi says it's connected to the phone, but nothing will load when I try to use the internet. I can only make the internet work by turning off wifi and using my cellular data.
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1482 on: May 16, 2017, 01:07:40 AM »
My phone is refusing to talk to the wifi in my house. The phone says it's connected to the wifi and the wifi says it's connected to the phone, but nothing will load when I try to use the internet. I can only make the internet work by turning off wifi and using my cellular data.

A bit late to reply, but if you're still having the issue:

Used to work tech support for smartphones, I would suggest backing your phone up (Google the model, it varies for each) and doing a hard reset (System Restore). It's a bit extreme though, have you possibly reset your router?

Offline John Red Beard

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
« Reply #1483 on: May 16, 2017, 02:56:07 AM »

A bit late to reply, but if you're still having the issue:

Used to work tech support for smartphones, I would suggest backing your phone up (Google the model, it varies for each) and doing a hard reset (System Restore). It's a bit extreme though, have you possibly reset your router?
Resetting the router is about the only thing I haven't tried yet. Gotta wait for some time when no one needs the internet for 10-20 minutes.
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #1484 on: May 16, 2017, 12:10:19 PM »
That issue sounds like the issue I had on my Microsoft Surface Pro not long ago, but I assume it's different because it's a phone (and probably not Windows) you possibly can't do what I did to fix it. All I did was uncheck "Internet Protocol Version 6" in the wireless adapter settings and restart (which already made the internet work again) then recheck it and restart it again.

RETURN OF MY OLD AND TIRED RANT: I cannot friggen write. I want to write but I cannot sit down and do it. Too distracted.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 12:12:16 PM by Evnamishko »