The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: First World Rants  (Read 54200 times)

Offline [INACTIVE]

Re: First World Rants
« Reply #1230 on: June 07, 2016, 02:58:12 AM »
I asked someone if they had a coke I could drink (Since I'm kinda addicted to coke. Probs why my stomach is a mess) They said yeah and they went to grab one for me. They proceeded to hand me a DIET Coke. I graciously accepted it. But deep in my mind I was angry for no reason. "I ASKED FOR A COKE NOT A DIET AHHHHHH" I said to myself in my head. I'm sitting here thirty minutes later drinking my Diet Coke, still angry for no reason.

Offline Panda

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Skunk
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Build: Petite
  • Currently: Lurking
« Reply #1231 on: June 07, 2016, 08:43:34 PM »
The a in LGBTQA+ stands for asexual
NOT
ally
-sigh-
[ Asexual furry | Genderfluid | They/them ]
Spoiler for Hidden:

Offline Ryouko

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Temporarily absent from the forums.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Light, honey brown
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: About 125 lbs.
  • Build: Slender, athletic.
  • Currently: Back on TFF!
« Reply #1232 on: June 07, 2016, 09:08:17 PM »
There are too many letters in LGBTQIA+.
That's what the plus is for.

Offline Nutmeg

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • A squirrel with a sweet tooth.
    • Awards
  • Species: Squirrel
  • Coloring: Purple fur with a pink border and a light yellow underside. Light pink hair.
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 60kg
  • Build: A little curvier than average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Shop shop shop til you drop
« Reply #1233 on: June 08, 2016, 04:58:34 PM »
I burnt my fingers while trying to use a toaster for the first time..
^ That's right, a spice was named after this squirrel!!
^ Is the best squirrel and also the sweetest

Offline Ryouko

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Temporarily absent from the forums.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Light, honey brown
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: About 125 lbs.
  • Build: Slender, athletic.
  • Currently: Back on TFF!
« Reply #1234 on: June 08, 2016, 07:56:12 PM »
Foxes have set up housekeeping in our basement.

Offline SadDubwool

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Long time member guy, Never here.
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lop Rabbit
  • Coloring: Dark brown fur with light brown splotches
  • Height: Height:5'7
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: We'll have ourselves a ball
« Reply #1235 on: June 12, 2016, 09:17:50 PM »
Questionin the purpose of my life.
Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark, guard them well or one day you may be your own victim.

Offline Salakar Crocoli

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Wolf
  • Coloring: Pale Gold-ish, with some grey patches
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 150
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #1236 on: June 13, 2016, 06:10:26 AM »
I  believe that there has to be a way to shorten this. I also want this shortened because it takes like 10 secinds to rattle of this name in a conversation, and it is kind of clunky to say. So, after a bit of research, I believe that it can be quite comfortably squished into APITH. Asexual, Pansexual, Intersex, Transgender, and Homosexual. Not only is it shorter, but it is relatively accurate. People are probably gonna complain about the combination if categories, but I would like to remind them to not needlessly gender things.

I should have better things to do with my life than this, but I don't so use this term if you want, but if you don't, I don't care. To be fair, this is something that I have been having trouble with too, so I wanted a solution I could use and your post was a bit of a catalyst.
I'm done with this thing. I don't know what to put here.

Offline [INACTIVE]

« Reply #1237 on: June 13, 2016, 06:13:19 AM »
Today is the fourth anniversary of MGO2's shut down. #feelsbadman

*Curls up in ball and cries really really really hard.*

Offline Salakar Crocoli

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #1238 on: June 13, 2016, 06:17:08 AM »
Glomps are an umderrated form of affection outside of anime.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #1239 on: June 13, 2016, 11:50:45 AM »
I  believe that there has to be a way to shorten this. I also want this shortened because it takes like 10 secinds to rattle of this name in a conversation, and it is kind of clunky to say. So, after a bit of research, I believe that it can be quite comfortably squished into APITH. Asexual, Pansexual, Intersex, Transgender, and Homosexual. Not only is it shorter, but it is relatively accurate. People are probably gonna complain about the combination if categories, but I would like to remind them to not needlessly gender things.

I should have better things to do with my life than this, but I don't so use this term if you want, but if you don't, I don't care. To be fair, this is something that I have been having trouble with too, so I wanted a solution I could use and your post was a bit of a catalyst.

There already is one, GSM. Gender and Sexual Minorities. I've seen it said a few times, but I guess people are more used to saying LGBT and are too lazy to switch over. Or rather, the LGBT letters stand together unique on their own, but GSM could stand for something notable already.

Plus people could be pissy about "Gender" being listed first, but I think that's just to make the acronym sound nicer. Same reason why it's most often LGBT, not GLBT
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 11:59:08 AM by Evnamishko »

Offline Salakar Crocoli

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #1240 on: June 13, 2016, 05:00:41 PM »
I'm kind of sick of all the talk about how "oppressed" women are in the first world. I believe without a doubt that they are oppressed in third world countries, but in the first world they have more programs working for them than men, and the have equal rights to men. I find it kind of hard to believe someone is oppressed when there is someone waiting to protect them around every corner. One quote that I think sums this up is "In the first world, men protect women and women protect women."

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Maine Coon
  • Coloring: White with light purple hair/patches
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Average/slim
  • Currently: itching to do stuff
« Reply #1241 on: June 13, 2016, 05:38:40 PM »
I'm kind of sick of all the talk about how "oppressed" women are in the first world. I believe without a doubt that they are oppressed in third world countries, but in the first world they have more programs working for them than men, and the have equal rights to men. I find it kind of hard to believe someone is oppressed when there is someone waiting to protect them around every corner. One quote that I think sums this up is "In the first world, men protect women and women protect women."

I do find it silly when the internet goes on about 'poor oppressed women'. Like, we're not pansies. That's not to say that there are people who ARE oppressed even in first world countries. Each individual's situation is different and there are definitely people who are worse off than others, though it's not always 'systematic', often just people or groups being terrible people to others. And anyone can be oppressed, doesn't matter their sex or appearance or income level etc.

Sorry if I sound kinda vague, I just woke up :p

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #1242 on: June 13, 2016, 06:05:15 PM »
Men and women both are advantaged and disadvantaged society-wise, just in different areas. Largely due to typical behavior expected of one or the other in a given situation. I have more to say on that issue, but I'm on my tablet and it's a pain to type long posts, plus this thread isn't the place for it.

Anyway, my shoulders have been aching lately.

Offline Salakar Crocoli

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #1243 on: June 14, 2016, 05:22:46 AM »

I do find it silly when the internet goes on about 'poor oppressed women'. Like, we're not pansies. That's not to say that there are people who ARE oppressed even in first world countries. Each individual's situation is different and there are definitely people who are worse off than others, though it's not always 'systematic', often just people or groups being terrible people to others. And anyone can be oppressed, doesn't matter their sex or appearance or income level etc.

Sorry if I sound kinda vague, I just woke up :p

I'm not saying that there can't be women that are oppressed in first world countries, just that they aren't oppressed as a group. Let's move on from this. I just wanted to specify that because my original post made me sound kind of rude.

Tea is kind of expensive.

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Maine Coon
  • Coloring: White with light purple hair/patches
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Average/slim
  • Currently: itching to do stuff
« Reply #1244 on: June 14, 2016, 03:51:22 PM »
I pulled an all-nighter playing vidya games, and now I'm starting to feel it.  I can't go to sleep until at least 8 pm though, otherwise I'll start to mess up my sleep schedule. Just need to stay up till then...

Also my shoulder's been sore lately too. I must have slept on it wrong the other night.