The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: First World Rants  (Read 54181 times)

Offline YourUnknownHost

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: Grey
  • Build: Slightly Skinny
  • Currently: Im back ^w^
Re: First World Rants
« Reply #1185 on: April 13, 2016, 02:00:09 AM »
I hate hangnails e.e

Cops don't get any freaking respect anymore.
We're not ALL racist buttcakes. I like to think I'm somewhat respectable, at the very least I know what it's like to be discriminated against because of race... my mother was/is a Sunni Muslim so you can only imagine what kind of sh*t I've gotten about being a "terrorist", even if it's just one parent.
Don't worry, the people don't even know what they're talking about. I don't think your a terrorist though.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 02:05:52 AM by YourUnknownHost »

Offline YourUnknownHost

• Dancing Dragon
« Reply #1186 on: April 13, 2016, 02:21:14 AM »
Are you thinking on getting a military career?

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #1187 on: April 13, 2016, 02:24:58 AM »
Thank you for pointing that out. It's not that common for US troops to see combat. Most of the time they are sent to fart around at bases home or abroad all day. Honestly, I've never been in the military (planned to at one point though) but I dated a vet for a few years so he told me a little bit of what it's like.

I find it stupid that people think the military is all about being aggressive and controlling and shooting people for shits and giggles. Yes, the US military is inflated, but military in general is important. The problem is knowing when and how to use it, and how far is too far.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #1188 on: April 13, 2016, 03:24:49 PM »
Cops don't get any freaking respect anymore.
We're not ALL racist buttcakes. I like to think I'm somewhat respectable, at the very least I know what it's like to be discriminated against because of race... my mother was/is a Sunni Muslim so you can only imagine what kind of sh*t I've gotten about being a "terrorist", even if it's just one parent.

Also, FYI, ISIS is Shi'a, not Sunni. HUGE difference.
Where as you are right not all cops are racist buttcakes, racism is not really the whole issue. The whole thing is that the U.S police in general, seem to have a penchant for killing people, regardless of race, and abusing their authority. It's not even the police, the justice system in general is filled with injustice.

However, not all of it. It's just hard for people to not focus on the negative. I think cops should be treated with the same base respect as everyone else until they prove they don't deserve it, cuz after all they're just people.

As a side thing, my laptop seemed to have died for a bit earlier. Scared the crap out of me. It's fine though, thank god.

Offline YourUnknownHost

• Dancing Dragon
« Reply #1189 on: April 13, 2016, 09:23:09 PM »
The news just referenced zootopia ;-;

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #1190 on: April 14, 2016, 01:25:43 AM »
Art theft and impersonation annoys the hell out of me despite it not affecting me or anything else.

Offline YourUnknownHost

• Dancing Dragon
« Reply #1191 on: April 14, 2016, 02:41:03 AM »
Well sometimes in my school someone traces and says that it's their work -_-;(weeaboos)I think it's easier to draw something decent instead of lying that something's yours.
Edit: When they do draw something its really "basic" and i don't mind that its good for ... beginners ... its not good at all XD . So once we finished a test and these kids were drawing so i went towards them they were drawing stick figures or round head people with anime expressions and they were giving tips like "shade around the neck" and they were talking like they were superior they were giving each other compliments like "that's really good" i was dying inside from the cringe e.e . I showed them my work and they were like "oh thats not half as good as his work"(i showed him my profile picture) that made me pissed e.e . I don't mind people who draw bad its the people who draw bad and they think its better than other people(i don't try to compare stuff when someone drew something decent/bad ill try to give constructive criticism instead so that person could possibly gets some advice or pointers) .
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 02:59:28 AM by YourUnknownHost »

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #1192 on: April 14, 2016, 08:07:05 AM »
Tracers tick me off. Especially when they get whiny about getting caught.

"WAAHH WHY ARE YOU SAYING THIS PUBLICLY?! I GUESS I'LL NEVER EVER DRAW EVER AGAIN WAAAAHHH!!"

And then there are a bunch of people supporting their tracing as if they deserve praise for not showing their own skill and refusing to practice.

Tracing is not a talent, it should not be treated as such. It's fine to trace for fun, but one shouldn't show off traced work, credited or not, as if it makes them a good artist. It just shows they're good at marking over lines.

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #1193 on: April 14, 2016, 01:25:00 PM »
I've grown really squeamish about calling people out on these things.
Partly because it stirs up unnecessary drama, and partly because I don't want to come off like some sort of "holier than thou" furry art stalker police, and partly because it doesn't really seem to be against any rules.

The thing is just that I spend an awful lot of time on FA and therefore I tend to recognize certain pictures/characters/fursuits "just like that" (even tho it'd probably seem like I sit and spend hours upon hours scouring the internet hunting for "that one pic that one person on that comparatively small and insignificant furry site have". I'll admit it has happened once or twice, but that's only if it's a style I don't recogize and find myself admiring it to the point of wanting to see more from that same creator.)

Sure, I get not being able to/wanting to draw and/or not being able/wanting to pay for artwork, and I don't really have a problem with people using other people's artwork for avatars and such, for as long as they don't claim it's theirs. And if they take that extra step to provide a proper source for the image, I could hug them.

It's only when people go full "I drew this" and/or "This is my character that I created myself" that I get annoyed.
Some people are really attached to their characters and understandably don't like it when other people "steal" them and completely poop on their backgrounds, personalities, stories and other things. I know this is the internet, but I still like to think people could show enough respect to -not- steal/impersonate people.

These days, the only thing I -will- call people out on is if they "steal" someone's fursuit(s)
Since apparently that happens too, I've noticed, and it's a whole new level of sad when compared to ordinary art theft.

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
« Reply #1194 on: April 14, 2016, 02:07:49 PM »
yay sleep patten is down the drain with me being unable to sleep at all
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

Offline Baz Fuhrmann

• Avid Aardvark
  • Old School Star Fox Pilot Extrodinaire
    • Awards
  • Species: Skunk
  • Coloring: Black and white
  • Height: 5 foot 10 inches
  • Weight: varies
  • Build: medium
« Reply #1195 on: April 14, 2016, 05:03:12 PM »
THANK YOU.

The same can be said about military personnel. They aren't murders, they risk their lives so you (as people in general) can sit on your fat ass all day.

Also, not all military careers take place on the battlefield.

You are awesome, Nix!

Back OT:

"...and I'm sick and tired of those little flaps on coffee lids!  If you don't wanna spill your coffee, then you shouldn't be drivin' with it!"
Get Out Of My Room!

Offline YourUnknownHost

• Dancing Dragon
« Reply #1196 on: April 14, 2016, 08:16:36 PM »
Kay Fedewa isn't a good artist. SHADDAP wolfaboos.
I think its good :3(just googled it) also i never heard of wolfaboos before  XP .

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #1197 on: April 15, 2016, 05:57:26 PM »
My mother has no sense of timing and when to butt in on a conversation.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 09:59:05 PM by Angder »
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline YourUnknownHost

• Dancing Dragon
« Reply #1198 on: April 15, 2016, 09:58:55 PM »
Having nightmares again... might be because of new my new medication.
No matter the reason, this spoils my two-week-long clean streak.
Awww can you talk about changing the medicine?Also if it says you need to eat food/dry swallow/just take with water you need to do that but im not sure if it causes nightmares if you fail to do so :| .

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Maine Coon
  • Coloring: White with light purple hair/patches
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Average/slim
  • Currently: itching to do stuff
« Reply #1199 on: April 15, 2016, 10:03:41 PM »
There's an event starting that lasts about a week in my city and requires blocking off certain roads. That means for the next week my bus route will be even later than it usually is. Great!