The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: First World Rants  (Read 54287 times)

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
Re: First World Rants
« Reply #1170 on: March 16, 2016, 06:50:57 AM »
I'm angry at myself for taking a favorite story character of mine and flanderizing him in a humiliating direction through roleplay, largely from reflecting my personal real life issues lately. I need to give him a reboot.

( By flanderizing I mean taking personality traits of the character and exaggerating them to ridiculous levels over time.)

Offline Clare Silvermist

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Winged Wolf
  • Coloring: Navy blue fur, light blue eyes, long copper mahagony hair with blue streaks
  • Height: 5'10"
  • Weight: 65kg
  • Build: Slim/Graceful and Busty
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Searching for a loving female mate
« Reply #1171 on: March 17, 2016, 05:32:43 AM »
I feel like I'm nothing but trash who will never amount to anything or find my one true love...
  • Avatar by: lineart by foxraver, everything else by me
"when we move, we camouflage ourselves.
We stand in the shadows, waiting.
We live, for this and nothing more.
We are what you created!"

Offline Epilogue

• Boisterous Bear
  • Oh my glob.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 113 lbs.
  • Build: Feminine, petite.
  • Currently: Empty
« Reply #1172 on: March 21, 2016, 01:44:54 AM »

I hate it when a grammar freak/Nazi/whatever corrects me. I just want to slap them because no one is perfect, mistakes happen.
Also, some people have dyslexia or just made a goddamn mistake because they're human.

If you see a mistake in a book or something, fine. But there's really no need to correct someone who's just having casual conversation. People who purposely use bad grammar and "telk leik dis" annoy me too, but I don't go around correcting them because guess what, it's not harming anyone and they're not doing it to personally attack you. So calm yourself.

If you hate seeing the misuse of grammar and incorrect spelling, get off the internet and join a writing class.

There are two kinds of people in this world. A French horn player is better than both of them.

Offline Epilogue

• Boisterous Bear
  • Oh my glob.
    • Awards
« Reply #1173 on: March 21, 2016, 02:03:03 AM »
True. Pointing out how stupid someone is just because they mixed up two letters is pretty stupid in of itself.

I definitely value English skills, writing is a passion of mine, but this is the Internet, not an essay for a professor. My English definitely isn't perfect but honestly, if it's at least legible and you can tell the person actually tries, it really shouldn't matter that much.

Well, I suppose if you aren't acting pretentious or rude, it should be okay to gently correct someone, but some people still might get annoyed by it.

I don't care if you correct me, but if you're doing it to be "smart", no.

But yeah, I agree with you on that. I'm not really talking about you so much as people do it in a mean way.

There are two kinds of people in this world. A French horn player is better than both of them.

Offline Epilogue

• Boisterous Bear
  • Oh my glob.
    • Awards
« Reply #1174 on: March 21, 2016, 11:23:13 PM »
-does nodiatus personality quiz-
-copies and pastes result-
-faceplants on her desk-

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #1175 on: March 23, 2016, 04:32:42 PM »
I changed the song on my profile. As always, I put the title and band of the song above the video player. But this time it decided to have the info and player display side by side, although I did nothing different.

So I tried listing the info below the player instead. Click the change profile button and...

Error 403
You have been given this error page most likely due to an issue with the server security rules.

Please do not refresh, report the issue to the administrators.

Haha, what? All I did was swap the order of the object code and song/band line, and made no changes to the code.

It's way too minor to make a stink about it with the admin, but the side by side thing irritates me. Ech...

I should learn how to code...

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #1176 on: March 23, 2016, 05:25:57 PM »
I think I messed up something but im not sure. Im not sure I did anything wrong either :S
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
« Reply #1177 on: March 23, 2016, 05:32:49 PM »
so sick of people thinking that the person controlling the train going over 160KM/H (100 miles a hr) is making them late because of issues on the line and treating them like pure rubbish

the people you see in uniform at train stations, the guard, the driver even the people on the side of the track in bright colors are making you safer on that train GET SOME BLOODY RESPECT FOR THEM because with out them how would you get to that meeting or that plane that you cant miss thats going to take you to a island getaway?

ADDON: if you can respect police, fire fighters, and others in uniform why not do the same for those who drive the train they dont get many breaks they get stuck in a small cube for hours on end also that tv or computer repsect the freight train drivers aswell who "crawl through" points holding your train they are more important then you
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 05:38:41 PM by saph the sergal »
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #1178 on: March 25, 2016, 06:31:36 PM »
Ugh!  People are so dumb.

SO MUCH STUPID!!!

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #1179 on: April 01, 2016, 08:05:02 AM »
I feel like ordering pizza, but I also feel like I've already filled my pizza-quote for the next three months or so.

To pizza or not to pizza, that is the question... >->

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #1180 on: April 01, 2016, 11:43:23 AM »
I feel like ordering pizza, but I also feel like I've already filled my pizza-quote for the next three months or so.

To pizza or not to pizza, that is the question... >->

Pizza takes way too much financial priority for me. I need to adjust my budget.

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #1181 on: April 05, 2016, 08:27:36 AM »
There are minions in my EMP-catalogue >_>'

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #1182 on: April 06, 2016, 03:57:48 PM »
I can't find a shoe

Offline Baz Fuhrmann

• Avid Aardvark
  • Old School Star Fox Pilot Extrodinaire
    • Awards
  • Species: Skunk
  • Coloring: Black and white
  • Height: 5 foot 10 inches
  • Weight: varies
  • Build: medium
« Reply #1183 on: April 09, 2016, 08:29:14 AM »
I broke a nail!  XP
Get Out Of My Room!

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #1184 on: April 13, 2016, 01:27:16 AM »
It irritates me when I plan on cooking something for myself but my dad happens to cook a frozen pizza for us

I know what you're thinking. "But pizza is good!" Well, of course it is. But try eating the same type of cheap frozen pizza -- your half almost always cold because you weren't even told it was done and tastes odd reheated -- nearly every day for the past couple years. I like a little variety, at the very least.

I could just not eat it, sure, but that just makes me a spoiled dbag. Food is food.