The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: First World Rants  (Read 54192 times)

Offline Rob_Silvermyst

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • King of Furgasta
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Furiffic Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Archangel Wolf
  • Coloring: Silver/White (fur), White (Wings), Gold (Eyes)
  • Height: 6ft
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Tone
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Tea with a fascinating stranger is one of life's true delights.
Re: First World Rants
« Reply #1095 on: January 04, 2016, 09:55:53 PM »
My parents found out I was gay last night. Not only was it made clear it wasn't a lifestyle they'd ever accept, understand, or support, but now they are acting like it never happened. To be honest that frightens me a bit.
*hugs warmly* Some people will never be accepting of those who don't mirror their own beliefs, worse when it's your own parents. But you don't have to adhere to what your parents believe in order to be happy.

Offline Blaze

• Eager Elephant
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white fur, Grey eyes
  • Height: 1.86m
  • Weight: 92kg
  • Build: Mesomorphic
  • Currently: Doin' Stuff....
« Reply #1096 on: January 04, 2016, 10:28:40 PM »
Sorry for ya kid, it's sad when your parents are indifferent to you but you need to confront them on this, at least try to make them at least understand that its you decision and they should trust your judgement on the choices you make on your life.

If they dont, well... at least you can count on your friends supporting you

Offline MizuSky

• Vibrating Furby
  • :3
    • Awards
  • Species: Kirin
  • Coloring: Cream fur with a soft blue stripe seperating white under belly, markings soft blue, antlers/horns gradient of blue & white.
  • Build: Very deer like with a broader neck, long dragon tail.
  • Currently: Curious as the cat.
« Reply #1097 on: January 05, 2016, 02:05:53 AM »
I'm gonna have to get a new Xbox One meaning it will have none of my stuff so I have to download all my games back. I have like 10 games and each game takes about an hour and sometimes more.

Luke....I am your father. (Voice effects)
THIS.

I got a brand new PC that runs beautiful and glorious frames, but I don't have a cord that reaches the wifi modem, or a wifi adapter for the pc. :(
Life is like a puzzle. Or multiple puzzles.
Pretty much like those 10k puzzle piece puzzles.
Get 10 of those and mix all the pieces together.
Have fun sorting.
Life.

Offline Delain Azara

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Species: Otter
  • Coloring: Midnight Blue
  • Height: Average
  • Weight: 65kg
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Meh
« Reply #1098 on: January 05, 2016, 02:07:55 AM »
@Oldkid1940
First, I suggest you watch this video as it will most certainly help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12eCFhXNwpM
and secondly, I'm guessing your parents are Catholic? If so remind them that this is what the Pope has said on the issue:
"When I meet a gay person, I have to distinguish between their being gay and being part of a lobby. If they accept the Lord and have goodwill, who am I to judge them? They shouldn’t be marginalized. The tendency [to homosexuality] is not the problem…they’re our brothers."
  • Avatar by: Myself (original by NateBlue)

Offline juliet

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Look into buying my commissions.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 5'3''
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: Curvy!
  • Currently: Selling commissions
« Reply #1099 on: January 05, 2016, 02:13:35 AM »
My parents found out I was gay last night. Not only was it made clear it wasn't a lifestyle they'd ever accept, understand, or support, but now they are acting like it never happened. To be honest that frightens me a bit.
Literally the best thing you can do right now, is wait until you can be out on your own. Do not confront them. Do not bring it up. Absolutely do not bring a partner home or leave any messages or history pertaining to the subject.

If they have clearly stated it is something they will not tolerate, until you have somewhere else to go, the smartest thing to do is let it be. This is because literally anything could happen, I'm sorry to say.
  • Signature art by: Also Me xD

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Maine Coon
  • Coloring: White with light purple hair/patches
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Average/slim
  • Currently: itching to do stuff
« Reply #1100 on: January 05, 2016, 08:33:54 PM »
My parents(and most other people) still don't know that I'm bi, and also pagan-curious. For the former, I tend to consider that unless the topic comes up I have no need to mention it. A part of it is that I don't worry too much about what I am, but I do think another part is that I'm indeed a little anxious about how they would react and am avoiding it. I simply have no idea and that unsure-ness is a little daunting. My family is fairly liberal and though they still call themselves Christians are non-practicing. At worst, I think they will tell me I'm being ridiculous, or it's a phase or something.

Other people though have it worse. I dislike the fact that some people think the idea of loving people is bad. It confuses me how a parent can raise a child for many, many years and then when they learn a certain fact(that for all intents and purposes has always been true), they can suddenly think it's okay to ostracize or hate them -_-

In less serious venting, while setting up my new computer I was dumb and misplaced my cord for my drawing tablet. Now I have to order and wait for a new one. I also don't know where my art program cd went either...

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #1101 on: January 10, 2016, 02:05:09 AM »
I badly want to try finding something in the spare bedroom/storage room, but if I don't wait for the household to go to bed, they'll be pestering me for a reason why. I was already questioned while looking through the clothes baskets in the hallway. I really don't want to explain myself and risk getting more ridicule.

Offline Caesium Iodide

• Handsome Horse
  • COMMISSIONS OPEN!
    • Awards
  • Species: (Adult??) Werewolf!
  • Coloring: Blue, gray, yellow and black
  • Height: 6’8” I keep getting taller :/
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Rather curvy, fills everything well.
  • Currently: Perhaps wanting to relive time from high school.
« Reply #1102 on: January 11, 2016, 02:16:17 AM »
Saving up to buy a new computer for school but instead being told to save for a vehicle. I already have a truck, but what makes saving up for a new vehicle valid, is that my truck is a piece of junk. The door falls off sometimes, engine doesn't start. I work enough that I could get a new used vehicle in a year before I'm off to a university but parents say no. Makes the monster inside unfurl and wreak havoc on my emotions.
Find me on amino, Twitter and patreon:
@/Cryptik_Mystic
My commissions are open. I specialize in badges but that’s not my limit! Send me a DM anywhere if you have a question or interest.

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #1103 on: January 12, 2016, 12:13:55 PM »
Just woke up from a really disturbing nightmare.

Was something about the world ending (complete with some odd version of god returning and Cthulhu awakening)
Thing is that while both god and Cthulhu made their existances clear, none of them actually showed up. All that happened was that land rose from the sea, all the while some doomsday prophet who had come to seek shelter at the place I was staying at (Was like a sea-side summer home, but with all the luxurities from "civilization", since I remember people with me complaining about how food would spoil and it'd be hard to cook) keept repeating various words/phrases that were inscribed here and there in the "new" landmass (The only ones I remember clearly being "Obey, obey" and "Regret, regret").
Since that was all that really happened but people suspected there'd be worse things ahead, some people (me included, for some odd reason) decided "Fck the holy lands" and went out to look for someplace that'd be safer. Unfortunately, all we found were some weird huge carnivorous worm-like creatures living in the deep mud that was once the seafloor. That's when I decided to nope out, despite the whole thing being even more messed up than I've managed to write down here. That was just the straw that broke the camels back.

Either way, I really don't need "Feeling too scared to sleep" or a new period of night terrors on my list right now. There's enough troubling me as it is.

Offline Ben

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • So much has changed
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Different hues of grey
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 213 lbs
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Thinking too much.
« Reply #1104 on: January 13, 2016, 02:47:39 AM »
I get those night terror things all the time  :/

They're pretty shitty

Any way my first world rant is

I want to get a glass of water but I also don't want to get up maybe if I had one of those grippy arm things or whatever
  • Signature art by: N/A

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #1105 on: January 13, 2016, 12:48:10 PM »
Just woke up from a really disturbing nightmare.

Was something about the world ending (complete with some odd version of god returning and Cthulhu awakening)
Thing is that while both god and Cthulhu made their existances clear, none of them actually showed up. All that happened was that land rose from the sea, all the while some doomsday prophet who had come to seek shelter at the place I was staying at (Was like a sea-side summer home, but with all the luxurities from "civilization", since I remember people with me complaining about how food would spoil and it'd be hard to cook) keept repeating various words/phrases that were inscribed here and there in the "new" landmass (The only ones I remember clearly being "Obey, obey" and "Regret, regret").
Since that was all that really happened but people suspected there'd be worse things ahead, some people (me included, for some odd reason) decided "Fck the holy lands" and went out to look for someplace that'd be safer. Unfortunately, all we found were some weird huge carnivorous worm-like creatures living in the deep mud that was once the seafloor. That's when I decided to nope out, despite the whole thing being even more messed up than I've managed to write down here. That was just the straw that broke the camels back.

Either way, I really don't need "Feeling too scared to sleep" or a new period of night terrors on my list right now. There's enough troubling me as it is.

Is it bad my immediate reaction is "that would make an awsome movie or video game".

Also on a completely unrelated note who owns the copyright on your nightmares? :P
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Alistair

• Resident pink saber
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 50 Most Online
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Smilodon Populator
  • Coloring: Strawberry, cream, and black
  • Height: 7'2"
  • Weight: 350lb
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: Fortnite dancing into the inevitable future
« Reply #1106 on: January 13, 2016, 12:57:45 PM »
Knowing that the cramp/nerve pain in my hand is carpal tunnel but continuing to type and game anyways.
Royal Saber floof mane the first

Sir Sabering the first

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #1107 on: January 14, 2016, 01:03:04 PM »
Someone used the last cup and nobody packed the dishwasher.

Offline Rob_Silvermyst

• Foxy Fox
  • King of Furgasta
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Furiffic Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Archangel Wolf
  • Coloring: Silver/White (fur), White (Wings), Gold (Eyes)
  • Height: 6ft
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Tone
  • Currently: Tea with a fascinating stranger is one of life's true delights.
« Reply #1108 on: January 14, 2016, 01:34:49 PM »
My barista forgot to put a design on the top of my foam for my cappuccino.

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #1109 on: January 14, 2016, 01:44:30 PM »
^OMG!  Are we barbarians?