The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Xmas RP?  (Read 938 times)

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
Xmas RP?
« on: December 15, 2014, 02:55:51 PM »
Hello everyone ^^

So I wanted to ask if there would be an interest in a  -serious-  Xmas-themed RP?
Considering Xmas is around the corner ;D
I myself tend to only create the RP and keep role-playing up until just after Xmas. I do not intend to make this RP last, so if anyone does want that, please take up this responsibility yourself.

The basic idea is that everyone can join (no need for a filled-in character sheet, especially considering the time-span left). However, they need to be as descriptive and detailed as possible. A simple sentence as this: "I ate the cookies and milk."  won't do. Preferably more descriptive, e.g.: "Dressed in Santa clothing, I walked through the hallway. I noticed the owners of the house had placed some chocolate chip cookies next to the tree on a small table, together with a glass of fresh, cold milk.".
(Maybe describing your character in the role play post itself would be also a neat idea :) )

Anyone can join or leave when they want to. The basic idea is that each of your post shouldn't necessarily contain anything that would suggest a follow-up post.
Such an example as mentioned before ("Dressed in Santa clothing, I walked through the hallway. I noticed the owners of the house had placed some chocolate chip cookies next to the tree on a small table, together with a glass of fresh, cold milk.") would suit very nicely, as it doesn't anticipate anyone else responding. Anyone can then of course respond to that message, but should not post an 'anticipating' message.

Original post example: "Dressed in Santa clothing, I walked through the hallway. I noticed the owners of the house had placed some chocolate chip cookies next to the tree on a small table, together with a glass of fresh, cold milk."
Example of a reply what not to do: "Seeing someone dressed as Santa from behind the couch, I leapt towards him and yelled in his ear: "Heya, Mr.Bearded Man!"."  (This expects a response from the previous poster.)
Example of a reply what to do: "I saw someone dressed as Santa, I came from my hiding place from behind the couch, and snickered." (This does not expect someone to respond to, but you do give material for someone to respond to, if they want to.)

I am not sure if this kind of role play, and this style of writing posts will work, but I want to give it a shot :)
Should there be regular 'customers', so to say, then maybe we can start actively more responding towards each other.

Anyways, I'm curious what all you guys think, and if any would want to start a role play? ^-^
Anyone already wanting to start?
And where in the RP board shall I post it? Serious, Fun, or Training Grounds? I mean, I do want it to be taken as a serious role play, having have descriptive content. But the people do not need to be written in with a character sheet (maybe something for next year?). And it could also fall under Training Grounds, seeing as maybe some want to practise this type of role playing style?
I don't know for sure, what do you think in which category it should fall under?

Happy X-Mas and a wonderful New Year :3
(Ermergwd, the colours...)

(Apologies for the huge image post ^^; Don't know how to shrink it.)
Christmas Request by CrocagatorsZombieInc
(~Thanks again, Lemonheart for making this picture ^_^ )
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 02:57:59 PM by Ventus Fall »
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter