The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Cross-Dressing  (Read 279 times)

Offline Hiyate

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Happy, silly stuff :P
    • Awards
  • Species: fox
  • Coloring: orange, white with yellow eyes
  • Height: 5' 10"
  • Weight: 128 lbs
  • Build: average
  • Currently: Doing things
Cross-Dressing
« on: November 30, 2014, 02:33:54 AM »
Hey everyone!

I've been thinking for a while about cross dressing but I'm afraid that about the impact it will have on my social life. I've always enjoyed getting dressed up in girls closing from time to time, and it's become, to my feeling, a dirty secret I keep from everyone. Also my parents aren't against it but when they saw that I was wearing mascara one day they tried to push me from doing anything more then that.

I just would like some advice about how I could ease it into my day to day life so it's not so big of a deal when I go all out. I would be very happen with any advice anyone has to offer as well as very grateful.

Thanks and I hope you all have a great day :D
It's more fun when things don't go exactly as planned.

Offline The Magic Otter

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • It's an otterly bizarre extravaganza!
    • Awards
  • Species: Otter
  • Coloring: Brown and light brown (the image is just a placeholder)
  • Height: 5"6
  • Currently: Living an empty existance.
Re: Cross-Dressing
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 02:21:20 PM »
My parents are pretty against it, so I will have to wait till i get my own apartment.
  • Avatar by: Some image i found on google that i liked, when found i will give proper accreditation.
The immensity of boops I shall bestow are equal to the very atoms which exist in the universe! Thus, this shall be my gift to the world, a boop of many, a boop to end all boops!
*gives a boop.*

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 04:23:07 PM »
It really depends how much you want to go into it, because if you do cross dress regularly you will get into some flack and life will in general be harder for you, unfortunately that's just the way it is. My suggestion would be to only cross dress with those you trust and know will accept it, like friends and so forth, it doesn't matter if you're in public because they will support you. I wouldn't cross dress ALL THE TIME unless you really want to, as it's part of your gender identity or something like that, so just consider the fact that if you cross dress it's gonna be hard, but you can do it.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Hiyate

• Boisterous Bear
  • Happy, silly stuff :P
    • Awards
  • Species: fox
  • Coloring: orange, white with yellow eyes
  • Height: 5' 10"
  • Weight: 128 lbs
  • Build: average
  • Currently: Doing things
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 08:25:01 PM »
Thanks, I was thinking of on and off. I'm proud of my gender but just like get dressed up sometimes you know? I just wanted to say thanks for the advice.
It's more fun when things don't go exactly as planned.

Offline The Otter Is Cute

• Avid Aardvark
  • Murry friend of humanity
    • Awards
  • Species: otter
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 03:42:34 AM »
My mother used to say if my daddy tried on her clothes he would have gone out of his mind. Never did it happen, ever.

Offline Maine

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Cheers, big ears!
    • Awards
  • Species: Hare
  • Coloring: Navy blue.
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 64kg
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: NOTHING. <w<
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 02:11:23 AM »
I'd say feel free to dress however you please!

Perhaps introducing the idea slowly to your friends and family is an idea.
A level of moderation would definitely be handy.

But don't be afraid to express yourself, even if it's with little things like mascara or nail polish, or your hair; you deserve it.

The public eye is always a tough one to handle, I only wish more people were understanding of others choices!
Try not to take others opinions too seriously.

Good luck! All the best!

• Avatar by: The lovely (and talented) Nobi! <3

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 11:53:15 AM »
I technically cross-dress, but since I'm female, I don't get nearly as much flack for it. Personally, only my female family members were bothered about it until they gave in. For males, they get a lot of negative attention for it in general. Double standards and crap. I think that's stupid. Wear what you like and feel comfortable in. Some people will be shocked, sure, but that doesn't matter. Times are changing.