The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Advice for a compicated relationship, please?  (Read 265 times)

Offline vulpes inculta

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • All the men in my life are fictional
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: fox Neko
  • Coloring: Grayish
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 175 Lbs.
  • Build: slightly chubby
  • Currently: Watching an awful lot of anime
Advice for a compicated relationship, please?
« on: November 18, 2014, 11:51:48 PM »
okay, so theirs this person I've been dating on and off since for years, and were seperate now, and she has a boyfriend while I seem to have aquired a secret admirer. However, she keeps acting like she wants to date ME-She tries to call me all the time, and is very touchy-feely towards me. She has a history of cheating-specifically on me-But shes a good kid and I feel that her current mate cannot handle her-she Is slightly disturbed due to traumatic events from her childhood, and I have had to stop her from commiting suicide. Being a fellow suicide survivor, I feel as though I would be able to understand her better and help her heal. (I used to know her current boyfriend-He knows nothing about that kind of thing) But I can't just break them up, and whose to say she won't Cheat and abuse me like before...oh, and her mate was like my best friend in middle school.

So yeah, kinda torn between my desire to help and the fact that I should let he go, and she is making it difficult...Help!
To heal, your scars
 I will give you everything I can
 (whoa)
 This war, of hearts
 We will rise again and take a stand
 (whoa)

I can lead you to salvation
 Yet I am just a man

I'm a loaded gun,
 An only son,
 But I'm nobody's hero
 I've come undone
 I'm on the run
 Yeah, I'm nobody's hero
 -Nobodies hero, By black veil brides

Saw the fallout 4 trailer a few days ago... SO ****ING EXCITED!!

Offline Fenox Helkiin

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I like being a pet. :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/husky/snow leopard
  • Height: 6ft 2
  • Weight: ~13st
  • Build: Toned
Re: Advice for a compicated relationship, please?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 11:52:01 AM »
In my opinion you don't have to be her mate to help her. If the person of whom she's with doesn't have a clue as to the very delicate topic of suicide then just be their for both of them. I know it's a cruel thing to say but next time she gets "all touchy feelly" just remind her that she's in a relationship and shouldn't do stuff like that unless it's with her boyfriend.

As for your secret admirer just let things play out. You never know... You might prefer them to her.
  • Signature art by: Jack Cringer