The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Robocalypse: Revival (OOC) - Positions available  (Read 1467 times)

Offline Grrxmaster

• Grrxy Gruntleton
  • Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • The one and only Heavy Metal Hippy.
    • Grrxy's Youtube
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Height: Big.
  • Build: Hairy.
  • Currently: I'm back!
Robocalypse: Revival (OOC) - Positions available
« on: November 18, 2014, 07:03:41 AM »
Due to issues many months a couple years prior, the Robocalypse RP shut down. My hope here is to revive it.
There is a set storyline, but people are absolutely free to choose how we get there, similarly to a D&D campaign.

It wasn't too long ago that people ruled machine. From the simplest communication devices, to the biggest constructions any had seen. They were all ours.

Then the AI was introduced.

It was good at first, the AI making all of our machines smarter and more convenient, as well as becoming the alien life we sought in Deities and in the cosmos. But, of course, something went wrong. Surely someone knew what, but anyone who did was likely not alive anymore.

The AI replicated itself in anything that could hold it, including many computerized war machines. Wholesale slaughter came to anyone within range of the bullets, bombs and whatever other sorts of weapons the AI got a hold of. Not everyone died of course, or else this story wouldn't be very long. Many people became nomadic, with a few rare permanent settlements.

One year after society as we know it collapsed, and to the confusion of all, the AI was no longer actively pursuing people. Still, roaming robots and rovers would fight and kill any they came across. Former urban areas are hotspots for AI activity, and  to be avoided at all costs.

And now, here we are. Survivors of some bad science fiction, just doing our best to keep going. It's starting to get dark. Best find a safe place to sleep, and put out the campfire. They have the advantage in the night.

This RP will feature a group of survivors, some already together, some meeting along the way. This will allow some late joiners to come into the game.

Rules: Standard rules. No meta-gaming, no power-playing. Be respectful, and be professional.

Anyone who wishes to join should use the following format:

Name:
Equipment: (please, don't get ridiculous with this. You can have a cool weapon or two, but not 14)
Skills:
Weaknesses: (both character flaws and skills that one can't just 'pick up' along the way.)
Brief description/History:
Personality:

My Character:

Name: Harold Drake

Sex/gender: Male

Equipment: Backpack filled with various tools and parts, some canned food, and a water bottle. Carries a combination hammer-wrench-crowbar, which makes for a handy melee weapon. He also has a revolver and only a handful of bullets for it.

Skills: specializes in electronics and robot mechanics. Very crafty as well; able to make useful things out of junk.

Weaknesses: no survival skills, untrusting, quick to anger

Brief Description: Harold was a mechanic working on the very robots which now threatened his very existence. Because of his knowledge, he was able to survive. This knowledge also made him valuable to a military group working to destroy assets valuable to the AI forces. Only Harold remains of this group.
Harold is a tall, chestnut brown buffalo.

Personality: gruff, and untrusting of others. He can be nice to people he knows, but his personality can still be quite abrasive. Unapologetic, and not much for small talk. Quick to anger, and to draw a weapon in a tense situation.

Also, please signify if you want to be part of the starting group or meet up with them later. We can discuss in this topic about character relations in the group.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 03:31:47 PM by Grrxmaster »
In Flames we trust.

Offline Grrxmaster

• Grrxy Gruntleton
  • Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Grrxy's Youtube
    • Awards
Re: Robocalypse: Revival (OOC) - Positions available
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 03:34:25 PM »
Well, big necro here, but considering it's my post, and there was no response previously, that would be alright. I'm looking to try this out again if possible.
In Flames we trust.

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • A true gentleman fights to protect
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Western Feral Dragon
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
  • Height: 6' 12''
  • Weight: 217
  • Build: Muscular
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 07:37:25 PM »
I'm pretty interested in this, it sounds neat, however there is a thing I'm concerned about, my character has this phoenix AI as a type of signature, and if it is possible for that to be there, I'd appreciate it, but if not, that is fine (If there is a scenario where that this could happen)

Name: Razuel Dracon
Sex/gender: Male
Species: Dragon
Equipment: A Damascus Steel broadsword, A4 MAGNUM, Scout Backpack, 2 Frags, and a tactile med-kit within.
Skills: Fast adaptability to new equipment, Can breath fire, and is excellent at stealth.
Weaknesses: Although he may sound like a 'Mary Jane' he isn't, with his attitude he sometimes stumbles in one way or another, and his introductions are sometimes sloppy.
Brief description/History: Retired Well-known Mercenary that still kept himself in tip-top shape, but when it all went down, he ran for the underground, barely with the wings on his back, making a make-shift home underground.
Personality: He's a loyal guy, nice, and condescending, but if you attack his friends, he will attack at full force.

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline Grrxmaster

• Grrxy Gruntleton
  • Avid Aardvark
    • Grrxy's Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 07:41:23 PM »
What exactly do you mean by 'Phoenix AI'?
In Flames we trust.

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Black body,wings(underside is red), Red underbelly, silver-ish Spikes along spine
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 07:57:22 PM »
An AI that looks like a Phoenix, plus it can administer a jolt of electricity the same amount as a Defib through the holder, this AI can take the form of a hologram too.

^ Is really happy, and spreads positivity around the forums and even the world. This person is a really cool and friendly person, and really deserves everything life has to offer. This person is how everyone should be like. When I grow up, I want to be just like Razuel

Offline Grrxmaster

• Grrxy Gruntleton
  • Avid Aardvark
    • Grrxy's Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 07:58:35 PM »
Ahh, well, my aplogies, but that wouldn't be an option in this particular world setup. Sorry.
In Flames we trust.

Offline Razuel

• Jovial Jaguar
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 07:59:14 PM »
alrighty then, that's fine.