The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: My dad...  (Read 429 times)

Offline Shiothefox

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Red, upper half and arms, waist, tal and lower, maroon. White on the inside of ears, on the face, chest, and tip of the tail.
  • Height: 6'0", irl 5'11"
  • Weight: 160 lbs, irl 178 ibs
  • Currently: Alone
My dad...
« on: November 11, 2014, 03:08:00 AM »
So, the ears I ordered arrived today at 3:30 in the afternoon.  My dad usually gets home at 5 pm, but he got home at 3 pm. My package arrives and the postman gives it to him. He sees that it is addressed to me. He asked me what it was, and I didn't say anything. I just took it to my room. He then questioned me about it but I didn't answer. Now, He's lurking around the house, giving me looks, and it's kind of pissing me off. I don't want to tell him because he's going to think it's some sort of mental illness... He'll search the internet, find adult content, and think I'm some sort of fetishist. G-d, I wish I could do something I enjoy without somebody interrogating me...
  • Avatar by: furaffinity.net/user/crimsonmercury7192/

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: My dad...
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 03:25:35 AM »
If you live in a suburb where you have friends nearby, ship to their address then go get it on your own time in the future. Or if you can, get a PO box for a temporary period of time.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Shiothefox

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Red, upper half and arms, waist, tal and lower, maroon. White on the inside of ears, on the face, chest, and tip of the tail.
  • Height: 6'0", irl 5'11"
  • Weight: 160 lbs, irl 178 ibs
  • Currently: Alone
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 03:45:08 AM »
If you live in a suburb where you have friends nearby, ship to their address then go get it on your own time in the future. Or if you can, get a PO box for a temporary period of time.
If I had friends or a lot of money, I would do that...
  • Avatar by: furaffinity.net/user/crimsonmercury7192/

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 01:17:20 PM »
You could buy a little stuffed animal and say that's what came in the package and you got it cause you thought it was cute and you didn't want to say anything because it's slightly embarrassing.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 10:41:04 PM »
Honestly man, I mail stuff to my parents house all the time, but they're not nosey enough to ask me what's in the box because I say I ordered new electronics, car parts, etc. before it arrives there...even if it's not electronics or car parts in the box LOL

If you really don't feel comfortable telling him whats in the box then just say it's none of his business, because really, its not.

OR tell him its something simple like a small set of tools or special batteries for something. Little things like that are good answers because people don't care about them enough to draw curiosity to see what it is/looks like. You not having an answer make it seem suspicious and frankly makes you look like you're up to something weird. Just say you were in a bad mood and didn't want to talk, it's no big deal.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 10:44:03 PM by Spike_ »

Offline Fenox Helkiin

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I like being a pet. :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/husky/snow leopard
  • Height: 6ft 2
  • Weight: ~13st
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 06:38:40 PM »
^ wise words.
  • Signature art by: Jack Cringer

Offline Bronies are cool

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 11:45:26 PM »
I would recommend having a more reliable plan in the future.
Like for example, I had something shipped to a friends house because I'm not big on being openly brony at my house.
I would also say the post office is a good idea, but you would also need more money for that.
Also get a back up plan. Get a birthday card along whatever you get so people assume it's for someone else. Or, have a second item that fits inside the box to say that it was the second item that was in the box.

Another option is to try to explain to your dad what curries actually are. I am in the same boat where my parents would look it up on the Internet and assume the worst about my fandom. Just have plenty of information about it.
Or show him the ears and say it's for a costume. But Halloween already passed so.... Say it delivered too late?

Always have a plan and prepare for the worst. That's what I do and it works out quite effectively because usually, the worst never happens. I also think about my plans a lot.
Just think about all the scenarios and go with it.
And when confronted, that's when honesty shines quite nicely if you have not thought up a good cover.
But if you do have a great cover, use it.
That's why you do the thinking prior to the buying.

Good luck
I produce electronic music. I'm not amazing but i have fun doing it

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 05:06:13 AM »
Or just say, it's a gift from a friend. Seems to work for me and then you can open it, be all surprised and even be all wtf at it if you want.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 05:12:11 AM »
Hate to be the bad guy, but if I were him I'd judge too. Fake ears strikes me as pretty weird, though the Internet has desensitized me to it. XD There's plenty weirder things, but just remember that your dad hasn't seen the level of weirdness that's actually quite normal.

tl;dr dad's not in the wrong.