The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Help getting a truck  (Read 310 times)

Offline Bronies are cool

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
Help getting a truck
« on: November 06, 2014, 02:07:23 AM »
Hey, I'm not 100% sure if I'm allowed to do this type of post, but I didnt see anything against it in the rules so here is a go.

On halloween, my parent's truck ceased because it had no oil. I was the driver and I feel bad because I could have done something to prevent it.
So, the repair will be expensive, and my parents are considering getting a new truck. The last one was an F150 and they want an F250. So I want to help pay for it a bit. I dont have a lot of money myself because im in highschool, work during breaks and have my own expenses to pay (gas, insurance, etc)

So I set up a GoFundMe to help earn some money to try to help my parents. Im asking if people here could help spread the word about it. I'm not asking for your money, but rather some help if you can. Just spreading the word would help me a lot. here is the link to the fund: gofundme.com/gu9tt8 I appriciate the help

(and mods, please dont be mad if I broke the rules. I didnt mean to as I went through the rules link before posting.)
I produce electronic music. I'm not amazing but i have fun doing it

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Help getting a truck
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 01:45:06 AM »
Trucks are cool :) I drive the new 2014 RAM 1500. The dealer gave me a sweet deal for $19 500. I traded my old 2007 Chevy Avalanche for it and it helped with the costs considerably and only paid a $3400 difference.

Is there any way you could sell your old truck on a private listing to recover some cash? Sometimes, even paying to repair it to sell is worth it for the money you'll get back.

Offline Bronies are cool

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
Re: Help getting a truck
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 11:34:38 PM »
Trucks are cool :) I drive the new 2014 RAM 1500. The dealer gave me a sweet deal for $19 500. I traded my old 2007 Chevy Avalanche for it and it helped with the costs considerably and only paid a $3400 difference.

Is there any way you could sell your old truck on a private listing to recover some cash? Sometimes, even paying to repair it to sell is worth it for the money you'll get back.
The most that we would be able to get out of it is about 500. :/

Also, the truck in the picture is not the truck that we have. It's something that I would kind of like to help my parents get though.
I produce electronic music. I'm not amazing but i have fun doing it