The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: My heart is broken :(  (Read 265 times)

Offline asterisk

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Looking for friends
My heart is broken :(
« on: November 12, 2014, 02:27:07 PM »
Well about a little over a month ago, my boyfriend dumped me. I've been in a huge slump ever since. I have trouble falling asleep- I toss and turn at night thinking of him. I cry myself to sleep. I can't concentrate at work. I'm not happy anymore. I feel like I don't even want to exist. He was the only guy I ever loved and he broke my heart.
<REMOVED>
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 02:46:59 PM by anoni, Reason: Please do not post drama or encourage illegal activities »

Offline Grey

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online
  • Imma wolfcoon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: A wolfcoon!
  • Coloring: Mostly grey, with varying shades
  • Height: 5ft, 3in
  • Weight: 7st
  • Build: Slim, short, fluffy
  • Currently: Relieved and happy!
Re: My heart is broken :(
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 02:47:12 PM »
Getting revenge isn't really a good way to go.
People make omellettes with butter? Ew!

Offline asterisk

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Looking for friends
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 02:55:08 PM »
What should I do? :(

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 03:03:31 PM »
We all have trouble getting over relationships, but the number one thing to realize is that relationships really aren't the most important thing in the world. We all have a want to be needed, but we forget that we are needed, regardless of whether or not we are in a relationship, we are needed by our friends and by our family, they offer support when we're down, and they cheer us up, talk to us and make us laugh. What we want is companionship, not necessarily a romantic relationship. Everyone is so dedicated to being in a romantic relationship, I believe, because they feel they HAVE to. They feel that if you're not in a romantic relationship, than you're not loved, you are inferior. But this is not true, as I just said you are loved by many people, the only reason someone might believe this is because of SOCIETY and the idea that society expects people to be in a relationship. But we need to get over that, society is not always correct.

You may think of him and think he is perfect, but think of his imperfections, what annoyed you about him (think about these don't post them XD), what were his faults, did he ever treat you inappropriately, I am certain in a few scenarios he did. Because the truth was he is not perfect, and you miss him (probably) not because he is perfect, but because he was in a relationship with you and you miss the companionship. So just remember he is not perfect, he is not your soul mate and relationships are not necessary to be happy.

What you should do is move on.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 06:56:56 PM »
You dont do anything, you wait. It took me a 18 months before I was indifferent about my ex. But crying about how you were left alone isnt how you deal with your emotions for the time being, talking about them and dwelling on why they left isnt good either. It will take time but you need to forget about them. Dont discuss them, get rid of their stuff that you have, block online accounts, and delete their number. You dont need to do any of this until you feel ready to let them go, but the hard truth of the matter is that they're already gone and you need to start healing yourself by letting go what hurt you or it will come back to open those wounds.

Revenge is not an answer, its as stupid and immature as high school antics that will F you over in the end. Find a distraction for yourself, I got a new job to do that, perhaps you can find something too. Its not the end of the world, you'll meet someone better in time. I promise you that if you can stay positive.