The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Conspiracy theorists  (Read 371 times)

Trigahex

Conspiracy theorists
« on: October 16, 2014, 04:31:59 AM »
lol anyway got harassed by tinfoil hats at school today.

Pissed me off pretty good like 3 of them legit believe in the Illuminati you give facts about what the Illuminati actually was they dismiss it ask for facts and evidence about the new world order they say your close minded

Dude even said the bay of pigs invasion was to take Cuban oil.

Man I swear these people only argue for this shit so they can feel special and important...

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: Conspiracy theorists
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 08:31:46 AM »
  It's never a problem to be critical of information supplied to you, which is what most conspiracy theorists do, the problem is you need to give the same level of critical scrutiny for all information regardless of source. Conspiracy Theorists tend to (in general) create the exact same mindset of information gathering as the people they critique, the only difference is the information the conspiracy theorist tends to trust is one that the "general consumer" does not trusts and the information the general consumer trusts is one the conspiracy theorist tends to not trust. Ideally, all information supplied to you, regardless of source or median, should be taken with a grain of salt and not trusted, only trust being strengthened through evidence and direct observation, logical analysis and mathematical consistency.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Trigahex

Re: Conspiracy theorists
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 03:09:21 AM »
  It's never a problem to be critical of information supplied to you, which is what most conspiracy theorists do, the problem is you need to give the same level of critical scrutiny for all information regardless of source. Conspiracy Theorists tend to (in general) create the exact same mindset of information gathering as the people they critique, the only difference is the information the conspiracy theorist tends to trust is one that the "general consumer" does not trusts and the information the general consumer trusts is one the conspiracy theorist tends to not trust. Ideally, all information supplied to you, regardless of source or median, should be taken with a grain of salt and not trusted, only trust being strengthened through evidence and direct observation, logical analysis and mathematical consistency.
Definitely I pretty much don't take any reporting seriously unless it makes sense to me and Ill always be trying to get both sides so that I can have a proper lay of the battlefield so to speak.

I pretty much see Conspiracy theorists like I see Al Gore and Michael Moore.

Aside from the fact I think the conspiracy theorists have no evidence nor backing whatsoever. I see both Al and Michael and Hypocrites entirely just like the conspiracy theorists who make money off of BS. Not so much I dont think Global warming is an issue... Its just I find those who put forth no solutions and fly around in jets with some of the highest electric bills in the nation I cannot respect.