The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Good furry chat rooms?  (Read 13199 times)

Offline Amethyst star

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I like cute and girly things
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: My main fursona is a bat and my other fursona is a Bunny and lion hybrid
  • Coloring: Main fursona has gray,white,magenta,neon blue the other has white,purple,light blue,and light purple
  • Height: 5'5aprox.
  • Weight: 105
  • Build: Skinny
  • Currently: In a good mood,I feel like doing anything right now!
Good furry chat rooms?
« on: September 01, 2014, 07:43:56 PM »
Not RP chat rooms, regular chat rooms for furries to chat and just chill.
Looking for other  furries to befriend :) Also I make cute art and I obviously love anything cute so if you have any cute pics then send them!

Offline Raven Nightshadow

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Mew!
    • Awards
  • Species: cat
  • Currently: Watching a good one. . .
Re: Good furry chat rooms?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 08:01:20 PM »
TFF has a chat room, the number of people in it really depends on the time of where the people are, sometimes it's busy and everyone is chatting and other times it's as dead as a door nail. Sometimes it seems dead but there are people there doing other stuff at the same time. You just have to try it out and find the groove. I'm still new to it myself.
"Somebody wake up Hicks!" ;)

Offline Snow Kittie

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 09:37:09 PM »
TFF has a chat room, the number of people in it really depends on the time of where the people are, sometimes it's busy and everyone is chatting and other times it's as dead as a door nail. Sometimes it seems dead but there are people there doing other stuff at the same time. You just have to try it out and find the groove. I'm still new to it myself.

Door nail? Haha you mean door knob? I've never heard someone reference a door nail xD

I know that there is something called a FurryMUCK - its a very old game completely chat based. Its essentially a virtual world, before they could add graphics. Everything is very descriptive like walking into a forrest - you explore the world with commands and once you find people you can just chat for hours.

This chat room, http://fnyn.chatango.com/, also seems fairly active.

Offline The Magic Otter

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • It's an otterly bizarre extravaganza!
    • Awards
  • Species: Otter
  • Coloring: Brown and light brown (the image is just a placeholder)
  • Height: 5"6
  • Currently: Living an empty existance.
Good furry chat rooms?
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 09:46:20 PM »

Door nail? Haha you mean door knob? I've never heard someone reference a door nail xD
Haven't you read 'Charles Dinkins's a Christmas carol'?
  • Avatar by: Some image i found on google that i liked, when found i will give proper accreditation.
The immensity of boops I shall bestow are equal to the very atoms which exist in the universe! Thus, this shall be my gift to the world, a boop of many, a boop to end all boops!
*gives a boop.*

• Avid Aardvark
  • Mew!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 09:49:09 PM »

Nope, I meant door nail, lol. Old, old, old doors were made using planks of wood nailed to cross bars and used ether a hook latch or push bar lock to keep it closed, the door knob is relatively new when compared to the door. I grew up with "dead as a door nail" as the saying but it may have morphed in other areas as "dead as a door knob" as the door shaped changed.

Offline Kozy

• Boisterous Bear
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox :3
  • Coloring: Milk chocolate w/ darker tips, spring green eyes, lighter creamish bib and belly
  • Build: Chibi / slim quadrupedal
  • Currently: Shy / Lonely
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 09:59:19 PM »
TFF and furrychat.com is reasonable. I wouldn't trust other sites due to a known case of moderator favouritism. FN, AC, F4L and chatango have bad reputations (trolls, grooming and controversial relations).

Offline Snow Kittie

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 10:24:34 PM »
Haven't you read 'Charles Dinkins's a Christmas carol'?
Nope, I meant door nail, lol. Old, old, old doors were made using planks of wood nailed to cross bars and used ether a hook latch or push bar lock to keep it closed, the door knob is relatively new when compared to the door. I grew up with "dead as a door nail" as the saying but it may have morphed in other areas as "dead as a door knob" as the door shaped changed.

Its most likely that I got two different phrases mixed up and "door nail" is still used. Just not something I, personally, have heard someone use.

As for a Christma carol... maybe? Definitely not something I would be into reading.

• Avid Aardvark
  • Mew!
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 10:47:30 PM »

Its most likely that I got two different phrases mixed up and "door nail" is still used. Just not something I, personally, have heard someone use.

"dead as a door nail" and "as slick as snot(or another more explicit word starting with s) on a door knob" is probably what you had mixed. I hope the OP gets a good laugh outta this little side convo, I know i am, lol.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 08:43:20 AM »
Stay on topic please
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";