The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Dragon Ball Z BoG Sequel (2015)  (Read 2551 times)

Offline Mishimi

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm back, baby!
    • Awards
Dragon Ball Z BoG Sequel (2015)
« on: July 31, 2014, 06:26:24 AM »

Release Date: 2015

The sequel to Battle of Gods is set as Goku and co. must fight for the fate of the universe once again

Teaser Trailer: Dragon Ball Z 2015 Movie Trailer (English Sub)

Worst wish in history, some speculate it will have something to do with the other universes or resurrecting a foe that will make Birusu look like Raditz! lol...

I can't wait for this movie to come out. I am very excited to see what will happen in this one, and I am very excited to hear that AT will finally give Vegeta his time to shine, so he can rub it in Kakarott's face! lol... I loved the first BoG movie, loved Birusu, and I can only imagine what they will do next.

Seems like they forgot that Dende's dragon can grant two wishes... Another forgetful thing I am sure AT let slip his mind
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 06:28:07 AM by Mishimi »

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
Re: Dragon Ball Z BoG Sequel (2015)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 10:51:44 AM »
Hot damn, already? I just watched the Battle of Gods sub a little bit ago and had an absolute blast. The fact that a second one is on the way gives me great hopes for the future of my favorite childhood anime. I'm especially excited to see what happens with Vegeta, poor guy deserves to go beyond Super Saiyan 2 even more than Gohan.

Offline Mishimi

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm back, baby!
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 02:20:58 AM »
Hot damn, already? I just watched the Battle of Gods sub a little bit ago and had an absolute blast. The fact that a second one is on the way gives me great hopes for the future of my favorite childhood anime. I'm especially excited to see what happens with Vegeta, poor guy deserves to go beyond Super Saiyan 2 even more than Gohan.

Well AT already stated that Vegeta will be the main protagonist in this film, thus will be the final victor. As a SSJG, that means he will need to be more powerful than Goku was as a SSJG. I am thinking maybe the fact that Goku absorbed the SSJG powers into his normal being will have something to do with Vegeta gaining a more powerful status than Goku in that state. Vegeta will more than likely absorb SSJG into his base being as well.

I think AT will start edging Vegeta towards either becoming more powerful than Goku, at least for a short period of time, or having them end up being completely even with no more gaps in power. I think AT symbolized that desire when he had Vegeta's rage boost after Bulma got smacked by Birusu, surpass Goku's power as a SSJ3 for a short moment. Perhaps hinting that Vegeta's potential outweighs Goku's afterall. Rage boosts in the past never yielded that much of an increase before. Of course I also believe it was a symbol showing how much he loves Bulma more than anything as far as that moment goes specifically.

If Vegeta is to be the main protagonist however, and beings more powerful or just as powerful as Birusu and Whiss show up, then I would wager than Birusu and Whiss will fight along side Goku and co. to secure this new threat that will be resurrected. They would have to be in the realm of power of Whiss most likely, who is stronger than Birusu by so much, so they too would need to lend a hand in order for Vegeta to be enabled to land the final blow. Even as a SSJG, I doubt Vegeta would > Whiss on a level playing field, so some sort of intervening would be necessary from Birusu and Whiss to help close that gap.

I am wondering if the one being resurrected is another SSJG, perhaps one of the other gods of destruction from one of the other 11 universes. Somehow got killed, and comes back and tries to take over the universe we are all familiar with, thus starting the battle.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 02:23:12 AM by Mishimi »

Offline Midnight Madness

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 04:12:34 AM »
That's what I want to hear. After the whole deal with shafting Gohan in favor of Goku due to backlash from fans, it's about time Vegeta gets something like this. Of course, that whole deal gave more room for Vegeta to grow as a person and brought him back from a (possible) true death, but then GT just gave Goku even MORE of a spotlight.

Poor Vegeta has been struggling to at least match Goku's power since the end of the Vegeta arc, and the only real part where he was strong enough to take down any main adversary was back with Semi-perfect Cell (and he didn't even succeed, regardless if it was his fault). The fact that Akira is putting him in the spotlight is like a breath of fresh air. Vegeta is likely my favorite character, anyway, so that says enough.

And about the ressurection, you share what I was thinking, that it may just be the original SSJG. It seems to be building up to it in that fashion, but who knows. The conjecture stirs some excitement, but I gotta keep my hopes from getting too high, in the off chance it doesn't deliver.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 04:17:21 AM by Sytex »

Offline Mishimi

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm back, baby!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 06:20:25 AM »
That's what I want to hear. After the whole deal with shafting Gohan in favor of Goku due to backlash from fans, it's about time Vegeta gets something like this. Of course, that whole deal gave more room for Vegeta to grow as a person and brought him back from a (possible) true death, but then GT just gave Goku even MORE of a spotlight.

Poor Vegeta has been struggling to at least match Goku's power since the end of the Vegeta arc, and the only real part where he was strong enough to take down any main adversary was back with Semi-perfect Cell (and he didn't even succeed, regardless if it was his fault). The fact that Akira is putting him in the spotlight is like a breath of fresh air. Vegeta is likely my favorite character, anyway, so that says enough.

And about the ressurection, you share what I was thinking, that it may just be the original SSJG. It seems to be building up to it in that fashion, but who knows. The conjecture stirs some excitement, but I gotta keep my hopes from getting too high, in the off chance it doesn't deliver.

That is actually a false rumor, AT never shafted Gohan for Goku because of fan backlash. Never got death threats, or any of that nonsense. Just a big dumb rumor that grew way out of control. AT never stated that in an interview as the rumor suggests. AT doesn't really care what fans want or think, he did what he did because, well, simply put, Goku is the main character, always has been and always will be. It is only natural for an author to give their golden boy main character the spot light 99% of the time, as in the majority of works of entertainment fiction. Goku being the main character is why AT gave Goku the most deciding factor power-ups, and the most potential, aside from Gohan getting the Elder Kai Chou ritual power-up that is, which got shafted mainly because of Goku being the main character first and foremost.

It's like the rumor that AT stated that he "hates Vegeta", is also false. He never once claimed that. No author flat out hates any of their own created characters, including their villainous ones. Vegeta COULD be one of his least favorites, but he by no means hates him. At the very least he never stated he does in a genuine interview. Besides, him making Vegeta the hero in this new film squashes the rumor all together anyhow, finally.... I've only been saying this for several years now and he finally confirms what I have been telling fans on other DB forums for years now with this revelation. I mean if AT flat out hated Vegeta he would have killed him off for good in the Saiyajin or Freeza arcs for good, regardless of his fan favorite status. It is after all, his creation ultimately, He is the god of gods of that universe and all. Birusu is a strong god of destruction? Perhaps, but AT could flick him into nothingness with his eraser if he wanted. Hahaa...

And GT, well seeing as how that is non canon, I won't really go into GT much, but suffice to say, it was a pretty horrible series. I only liked Bebi Vegeta and Super Android 17 and even those arcs had major issues because well, Toei is Toei, just as the 13 DBZ movies they made had horrid issues.

As for it being the original SSJG, that won't be possible as the dragon cannot resurrect people who have been dead for over one year, so whoever is resurrected will have had to have been killed in less than a year from the time the wish is made. Unless AT contradicts his own factual statements from his manga long ago, which he has been forgetful of things in the last couple years in recent interviews and such. Such as me bringing it up in the first post that he seems to have forgotten that Dende's version of Shenron grants two wishes, not just one. So we will have to wait and see how he handles that. Forgetful of past facts or not, as long as it is entertaining and enjoyable, like the first BoG film was, then I won't make a big deal out of it like some fans do.

Some fans claim AT is an idiot and is ruining his own franchise, and some don't understand why some fans hang on to his every word like he is a god..... LOL..... Ridiculous sentiments to say the least. Some of the stuff he has said over the last few years has been somewhat silly and contradictory, and I sometimes let it be known that I don't like some of the things he has stated due to forgetfulness of facts he established in the series over 25 years ago. But the man is only human, it is natural to forget some things and change some things, but to claim he is an idiot and ruining the franchise he created and to say he isn't a god (He is of his own reated universe, c'mon! lol) is a bit overzealous and blind IMO...

I do like some of the additional info he has brought forth though, like a few months back he revealed info about Goku's mother and her and Bardock's relationship, as well as 17 and 18's real names (Lappese (17) and Lazzoul (18)) which their names together are the name of a rare gemstone. I thought that was pretty awesome. Other tidbits he gave such as Babidi not really being Bibidi's son, but a self split doppleganger of Bibidi was a lil nutty, considering in the manga he always referred to them as father and son, but meh, nothing to get worked up over.

With Vegeta though, he has grown a lot over the decades with each new arc, becoming less selfish and pig headed and becoming more caring and pure hearted, despite his tough guy bravado. I like to think of it symbolically with the shedding of his armor. At his most evil (Saiyajin and Freeza arcs) he was pretty heavily armored. Androids arc, he was still evil, but a little "good" too, less armor... By the Buu Arc, he shed all his armor and was mostly good with only a little arrogant evil left in his heart. I think that is a very symbolic way to look at Vegeta's character development through the outfit's he dawned in each arc.

But yeah, I am sure this new movie will give Vegeta his due time and respect. I am also looking forward to what Birusu and Whiss will do. I want to see them both fighting at full power. And of course, us being furries and all, we gotta love Birusu, that silly, cute cat god! Hahaa
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 06:23:07 AM by Mishimi »

Offline Midnight Madness

• Scented Skunk
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 09:03:23 AM »
That is actually a false rumor, AT never shafted Gohan for Goku because of fan backlash. Never got death threats, or any of that nonsense. Just a big dumb rumor that grew way out of control. AT never stated that in an interview as the rumor suggests. AT doesn't really care what fans want or think, he did what he did because, well, simply put, Goku is the main character, always has been and always will be. It is only natural for an author to give their golden boy main character the spot light 99% of the time, as in the majority of works of entertainment fiction. Goku being the main character is why AT gave Goku the most deciding factor power-ups, and the most potential, aside from Gohan getting the Elder Kai Chou ritual power-up that is, which got shafted mainly because of Goku being the main character first and foremost.

Thank God. Thank you for the correction, it is nicer to hear this was planned rather than him buying into peer pressure. Excuse my ignorance, I'm not as well informed on the outside workings of the series it seems.

As for it being the original SSJG, that won't be possible as the dragon cannot resurrect people who have been dead for over one year, so whoever is resurrected will have had to have been killed in less than a year from the time the wish is made. Unless AT contradicts his own factual statements from his manga long ago, which he has been forgetful of things in the last couple years in recent interviews and such. Such as me bringing it up in the first post that he seems to have forgotten that Dende's version of Shenron grants two wishes, not just one. So we will have to wait and see how he handles that. Forgetful of past facts or not, as long as it is entertaining and enjoyable, like the first BoG film was, then I won't make a big deal out of it like some fans do.

I actually did not know that Shenron could not revive people passed beyond a year. That little detail escaped me, somehow. I know Akira has been rather forgetful about some things, even from the earlier parts of DBZ, but here's hoping he can manage to remember, then; I like to be kept on my toes.

Some fans claim AT is an idiot and is ruining his own franchise, and some don't understand why some fans hang on to his every word like he is a god..... LOL..... Ridiculous sentiments to say the least. Some of the stuff he has said over the last few years has been somewhat silly and contradictory, and I sometimes let it be known that I don't like some of the things he has stated due to forgetfulness of facts he established in the series over 25 years ago. But the man is only human, it is natural to forget some things and change some things, but to claim he is an idiot and ruining the franchise he created and to say he isn't a god (He is of his own reated universe, c'mon! lol) is a bit overzealous and blind IMO...

I've seen some people say this, that Akira just isn't doing the right things with the franchise. But when it all comes down to it, the "right" things are all just opinions. The series is old, and fans need to face facts, things are going to be missed on occasion. As you said, the man is only human.

I do like some of the additional info he has brought forth though, like a few months back he revealed info about Goku's mother and her and Bardock's relationship, as well as 17 and 18's real names (Lappese (17) and Lazzoul (18)) which their names together are the name of a rare gemstone. I thought that was pretty awesome. Other tidbits he gave such as Babidi not really being Bibidi's son, but a self split doppleganger of Bibidi was a lil nutty, considering in the manga he always referred to them as father and son, but meh, nothing to get worked up over.

The first two, I have heard plenty about, the last one is news to me. I really like the names he gave the Android twins, as it seemingly fits their graceful, tag-team combat. As for Goku's mother, I swear I read somewhere that more information regarding her may crop up soon, but I might just as easily be mistaken.

With Vegeta though, he has grown a lot over the decades with each new arc, becoming less selfish and pig headed and becoming more caring and pure hearted, despite his tough guy bravado. I like to think of it symbolically with the shedding of his armor. At his most evil (Saiyajin and Freeza arcs) he was pretty heavily armored. Androids arc, he was still evil, but a little "good" too, less armor... By the Buu Arc, he shed all his armor and was mostly good with only a little arrogant evil left in his heart. I think that is a very symbolic way to look at Vegeta's character development through the outfit's he dawned in each arc.

But yeah, I am sure this new movie will give Vegeta his due time and respect. I am also looking forward to what Birusu and Whiss will do. I want to see them both fighting at full power. And of course, us being furries and all, we gotta love Birusu, that silly, cute cat god! Hahaa

There's a reason Vegeta has cemented himself as my favorite character, and you just summarized it. Out of all the characters that were villains initially, Vegeta had the most detailed transition. It's one that crossed over every arc to date, with each and every one of them showing him growing somewhat fonder of the main characters, even overcoming his inherent Saiyan culture and devoting himself to Bulma among other things.

It was pretty awesome to see that Beerus is a cat and not something with the same body type that floods the main arc villains. I also really like him as a character; not a villain and certainly no hero, just a god doing what he does best.

Offline Mishimi

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm back, baby!
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 10:33:23 AM »

Thank God. Thank you for the correction, it is nicer to hear this was planned rather than him buying into peer pressure. Excuse my ignorance, I'm not as well informed on the outside workings of the series it seems.

Trust me, it took me several years to realize said rumors as I once believed them as well in the early 2000's. As much as I hate their elitism in their actual foums, Kazenshuu (formerly known as DaizEX) is a great source of information regarding said subjects and accurate Japanese to English translations.

I actually did not know that Shenron could not revive people passed beyond a year. That little detail escaped me, somehow. I know Akira has been rather forgetful about some things, even from the earlier parts of DBZ, but here's hoping he can manage to remember, then; I like to be kept on my toes.

Yeah, it was mentioned throughout the series a couple times, most notably during the Saiyajin Arc when they wished Goku back after his death against Raditz, they couldn't wait beyond a year to wish him back, and they wished him back right at the one year mark.

The first two, I have heard plenty about, the last one is news to me. I really like the names he gave the Android twins, as it seemingly fits their graceful, tag-team combat. As for Goku's mother, I swear I read somewhere that more information regarding her may crop up soon, but I might just as easily be mistaken.

I have heard similar things, even something regarding her being brought up in the new film, but I am not sure of it's accuracy yet.

There's a reason Vegeta has cemented himself as my favorite character, and you just summarized it. Out of all the characters that were villains initially, Vegeta had the most detailed transition. It's one that crossed over every arc to date, with each and every one of them showing him growing somewhat fonder of the main characters, even overcoming his inherent Saiyan culture and devoting himself to Bulma among other things.

It was pretty awesome to see that Beerus is a cat and not something with the same body type that floods the main arc villains. I also really like him as a character; not a villain and certainly no hero, just a god doing what he does best.

I think Piccolo had a great transition as well, considering his growth with Gohan, but I suppose his transition was rather quick compared to Vegeta's slow growth. You gotta admit, his hats off to Goku during the fight with Kid Buu was a shocker to most people. Who woulda ever thought Vegeta of all people would admit that Kakarott was better than himself? This may change in the new film though! But regardless of that, Goku and Vegeta are like two rival grade schoolers who grow to be best friends by the end of high school! Please forgive the analogy however, as it reminded me of the crapfest that was Dragon Ball Evolution with Goku.... In high school! XD One of many mistakes with that horrid live action movie.

Well, Birusu as a cat god is cool, but a throw back to the original days of Dragon Ball where they showed lots of anthors living with humans, such as Giran, the dragon from one of the tournaments, and King Furry, the older cat king of the town Piccolo Daimao took control of in his arc when Goku was still a child. I always thought King Furry was adorable. Lil' old man cat mayor like character. Kinda like the cat version of Wilford Brimley.... LOL

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 02:16:34 PM »
Perhaps the new foe will be Whis? Afterall he's considerably more powerful than billis even though billis is considerably more powerful than even Goku.

Yeah, so from what I've gathered AT is going to resurrect the series, he's showed interest in the idea without publicly saying it, saying that he wishes to continue the saga in his own direction. Unfortunately, for me at least, this would make GT non-cannon officially, while there's a whole lot of debate whether GT is cannon or non-cannon there is still no real consensus, AT has publicly said that he supported the show and even worked on a few of the designs, contrary to popular believe he never directly said GT was non-cannon. And while everyone seems to hate GT, I thought it was good, not as good as Z but still good, a nice end to the series. Making it non-cannon just confuses the hell out me, I've had a hard enough time getting by the movies not being cannon, but having an entire series of some 80 episodes watched and be told it all didn't matter doesn't sit well with me personally.

But then again, more DBZ! Nothing can be wrong with more DBZ, with the new movies showing, like Vegeta's cousin coming to earth and now Battle of Gods (it become released in English which was a huge surprise for me) and this new BoT movie, perhaps a new series is on the rise, the God Saga.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Mishimi

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm back, baby!
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 10:35:40 PM »
Perhaps the new foe will be Whis? Afterall he's considerably more powerful than billis even though billis is considerably more powerful than even Goku.

Yeah, so from what I've gathered AT is going to resurrect the series, he's showed interest in the idea without publicly saying it, saying that he wishes to continue the saga in his own direction. Unfortunately, for me at least, this would make GT non-cannon officially, while there's a whole lot of debate whether GT is cannon or non-cannon there is still no real consensus, AT has publicly said that he supported the show and even worked on a few of the designs, contrary to popular believe he never directly said GT was non-cannon. And while everyone seems to hate GT, I thought it was good, not as good as Z but still good, a nice end to the series. Making it non-cannon just confuses the hell out me, I've had a hard enough time getting by the movies not being cannon, but having an entire series of some 80 episodes watched and be told it all didn't matter doesn't sit well with me personally.

But then again, more DBZ! Nothing can be wrong with more DBZ, with the new movies showing, like Vegeta's cousin coming to earth and now Battle of Gods (it become released in English which was a huge surprise for me) and this new BoT movie, perhaps a new series is on the rise, the God Saga.

Whiss will not be the villain, the one being resurrected will be. That has pretty much been hinted at by the teaser trailer with the whole "Despair" caption.

GT is non canon, there is no real debate about it and the consensus is that it is non canon because it is. Any DB forum you go to, most DB sites, etc... you will find the majority state that it is non canon. That is a consensus. Consensus doesn't mean 100% agreement, it means majority agreement. The small percentage of people who try claiming it as canon are simply not educated on the concept of what canon is. GT is an official side story, but official =/= canon. AT's support =/= canon, and it having 64 episodes as a series does not make it canon.

Canon = material created directly by the original creator/author unless otherwise stated by the author. AT never said it was non canon, because he doesn't have to in order for fans to know it's not. He also never stated it was canon thus it is clearly non canon. Even when things are canon he doesn't directly spell it out and say "This is canon, this is canon, this is non canon" etc... because the definition of canon already tells you what is canon and what is not. By the definition of canon we can then come to the conclusion that the only things canon to DB are the manga, Bog, and this new sequel, as he had direct creative control over all of them. Creating basic character deigns and giving a few tips to Toei does not make it canon because in the end, Toei had creative control over the entire thing, not AT himself. So that is what makes the 13 movies and GT non canon.

Now, you may get a lil' confused however, as there are different kinds of canon. The 13 movies and GT are indeed non canon as far as AT's works go. But GT is considered a canon work of Toei. Just as the DB/Z anime's are canon to both AT and Toei. Confused? Well this is what I mean... All of the stuff in the anime that is also in the manga would be canon material from AT taken from his manga. However, all of the non canon filler in the anime that Toei threw into the anime to fill time (I.E. why the term filler is called filler) between manga chapters because the anime was right on AT's heels as he made each new manga issue, is non canon to the manga, but is canon to Toei. Examples of this would be Nappa and Vgeta going to Arlia and fighting those insect looking aliens on the way to Earth, when Vegeta had the brown hair and greenish looking armor. The reason Vegeta had that color scheme in said filler is because Toei did not yet know the true color scheme for Vegeta yet through AT's manga because AT had yet to color an image of Vegeta yet. Another example of filler would be Goku and Picolo learning to drive cars, and Krillin fighting Imperfect Cell, saving that woman and her kid at that airport, etc... etc... the anime is filled with countless filler, way too much to list in this post. The entire Garlic Jr. Arc is non canon filler, thus is in the same league as the entirety of GT, only GT isn't filler it is just an entire non canon series as far as AT's works are concerned. Non canon isn't always filler but all filler is always non canon.

However, why should you allow that to bother you anyway? Honestly, who cares if it is non canon or not? That shouldn't make a difference to whether or not you enjoy it for what it is, a piece of media entertainment fiction, right? So I don't think you should let such a silly thing bother you in the regard. Whether or not it is liked or hated by so many doesn't have to do with it being non canon so much as Toei just has a way of really screwing things up in a way AT never did. AT has screwed some things up in his own works as well, but compared to Toei, not nearly as bad consistency wise. Toei just made a real mess out of most of the 13 movies and GT, but that is not to say many DB fans didn't enjoy them despite the mistakes and inconsistencies. I liked most of the 13 movies and as I said earlier, I enjoyed the Bebi Vegeta and SA17 ars in GT despite their major issues. They were still entertaining and enjoyable for the most part.

As far as AT ignoring GT and it's events for these films and even when he helped create Dragon Ball Online, doesn't necessarily halt the officialness or his support of GT within the DB franchise overall. He is simply just ignoring it because it is not his own work, and he acknowledges it as a side story, not a direct canon continuation of DBZ. It is however, still a part of DB in general as an official side story continuation of DBZ. I know that may sound confusing, but that's how it is.

If it helps, just look at the 13 movies and GT as alternate timelines, similar to how Future Trunks had his own timeline that differed from the one we all know of. If you look at them as different timelines and alternate realities within the DB universe, then their mistakes, contradictions, and inconsistencies when compared to the "canon timeline" aren't that big of an issue in that context.

With starting a new series, I am not so sure that is the way AT wants to go. I think he is more or less just interested in making full length feature movies, not a whole new series. There are all kinds of rumors floating around about how he wants to make a new series, and another that says he wants to make this movie series a trilogy meaning there will be another final movie made after this one. All however, are just rumors as of now, and nothing has been officially stated by AT, so we pretty much have to wait and see, but in my personal opinion I don't think AT is interested in doing another full fledged series. DB is just too old, and he has moved past it more or less. These BoG movies are an exception it seems, as in the past up until these movies were made, he didn't seem interested in further pursuing another series. Perhaps his mind has changed? Who knows, but from what I have seen over the last decade+ he never seemed all that interested in revitalizing an old series of his from 25 years ago in a new series format. Movies maybe, but a whole new series is yet unknown. Not to mention he is very forgetful and has let a lot of things from it slip his mind, so if he were to make a new series, he would either need to remind himself of his past manga facts, or just wing it and make it his way in modern times, which is more or less what he is doing with the movies I suppose.

There is no word of the movie being dubbed in English as far as I know. Where did you hear that from? It is being released on DVD in Japan, but no confirmation of it being dubbed in English and released by Funimation in America. Maybe that's where the confusion came from? They have yet to dub and release older projects in English yet, such as the 25th anniversary special with Vegeta's brother (not cousin) Table, or the SSJ Bardock special with Lord Chilled. I would like to think they'd dub those before the movie, but the movie did go to theaters in Japan so it is possible they would dub it before the other two specials, but I do not think there has been an announcement of that yet.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 10:46:25 PM by Mishimi »