The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Guardians of the Galaxy  (Read 2572 times)

Offline Mishimi

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm back, baby!
    • Awards
Guardians of the Galaxy
« on: July 31, 2014, 06:11:58 AM »

Release Date: 8-1-2014

In the far reaches of space, an American pilot named Peter Quill finds himself the object of a manhunt after stealing an orb coveted by the villainous Ronan.

Who's looking forward to this flick? I can't wait for it! I've been lookin' forward to this flick since it was first announced. Dave Bautista and Rocket Raccoon will be awesome! Hahaa.... I have been playing a lot of Marvel VS. Capcom 3 with Rocket lately. He's such a hottie.

Offline Nicklaus Morgan

• Handsome Horse
  • Bone? You have no bone!
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Green, Yellow and Blue
  • Currently: RE6 ftw ^^
Re: Guardians of the Galaxy
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 11:17:18 AM »
I can't wait for this thing ... For some reason movies are always late in my country so when you guys see it I'll have to wait another month xD Ahhh sucks ... Still ... You can't go wrong with Rocket Raccoon

Offline Mishimi

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm back, baby!
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 02:08:43 AM »
I can't wait for this thing ... For some reason movies are always late in my country so when you guys see it I'll have to wait another month xD Ahhh sucks ... Still ... You can't go wrong with Rocket Raccoon

Where are you from? England? Australia?

As far as Rocket goes, I have a feeling that they purposely threw in scenes with him as fan service to furries. Such as the scene in the previews where he tugs on his tights cause they are riding up on his crotch. lol... Only us furries would find that a hot tease!

Offline aperson1

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I couldn't make any good usernames so I got this.
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox (feral)
  • Coloring: Red
  • Height: 2.5 feet
  • Weight: 90 pounds
  • Currently: most likely doing something astronomy-related
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 02:33:23 AM »

As far as Rocket goes, I have a feeling that they purposely threw in scenes with him as fan service to furries. Such as the scene in the previews where he tugs on his tights cause they are riding up on his crotch. lol... Only us furries would find that a hot tease!

Well it's about time we were considered as a target audience, amirite?

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

rooby rooby [REDACTED]

Offline Mishimi

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm back, baby!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 06:30:54 AM »

Well it's about time we were considered as a target audience, amirite?

I wouldn't say we are a target audience so much as it just being a nod to us furs and our affinity/sexual attractions to anthro furry characters. lol

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 02:20:34 PM »
Watching it Tomorrow! It should be good

I'm not absolutely PSYCHED for it, mainly because I know very little about the story. A friend who reads a lot of comics has filled me in, after I said my apparently infuriating description of the team as "A loser, a green alien chick, a racoon, a tree and another guy". But it's a marvel movie and all marvel movies are awesome, so what I am is definitely excited, but not like OMG I HAVE TO SEE IT
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Mishimi

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm back, baby!
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 10:51:07 PM »
I was watching a comic con special on Spike TV the other night and they received confirmation at comic con that there will already be a Guardians of the Galaxy 2 being made within the next couple years. So I hope this movie is good, but we all know, good or bad, it will make enough profit to make another sequel regardless. But I am sure it will be good. Probably not the best Marvel movie ever made, but probably somewhere in the middle i'd wager, if not higher.

Offline Nicklaus Morgan

• Handsome Horse
  • Bone? You have no bone!
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Green, Yellow and Blue
  • Currently: RE6 ftw ^^
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 01:07:06 AM »
Hehe ... I'm from Serbia btw and we are always behind on everything ... And who wouldn't find Rocket hot xD He is quite a catch

Offline Mishimi

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm back, baby!
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 06:30:29 AM »
Went to see this movie last night. It was excellent! Way better than I expected. The plot, the actors, the cgi, the presentation, it was all excellent. This movie delivered a "taken right out of a comic book" feeling more so than past Marvel/superhero movies have. The costumes, especially for Ronin were top notch, although in reality had to have been a bitch to maneuver his neck and shoulders in the headware he had. They made Thanos look near perfect to his comic book source counterpart in both look and attitude, one of the best jobs I have ever seen. Thanos' dimension looked great as well. I take back what I said earlier, this movie IS the best Marvel movie ever made IMO as far as overall presentation and concepts goes. Not to mention Rocket Raccoon was a cute lil bad ass all throughout the film. He was clearly the star of the movie in my humble opinion. There are actually a few scenes with him that are clearly furry fan service. Either that or i'm just too dirty minded. ;3 I felt bad for him when they get drunk at that club in Knowhere and he goes on that rant. Poor lil guy, I wanted to cuddle him in that scene. But as to not spoil things for anyone, and I don't feel the need to bust out a spoiler tag, that is as much as I will say.

All around great film, and I cannot wait for the 2nd one!

4.5/5

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 12:02:32 AM »
Well, since this might be the last post on this one, I might as well send it out in style....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oUEVrjSxS4

• Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.