The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Brawley Union High School  (Read 2019 times)

scarypuppy

Brawley Union High School
« on: August 08, 2007, 06:50:20 PM »
BUHS sits at almost the center of town, the smaller JR high right across the street. Brawley Pride is determined by 2 things, Wildcat Football, and the Seniors who receive Reccomendations from the Military.

Eric Reyes is a Regular Student, Plays for the Football Team, gets Average Grades, and at times,  messes with the staff with his Friend Matt (a Labrador)

with an average temperature of 115 degrees, life is harsh if you dont know where to sit with shade.

and with the occurences at this school, it might be best to make a few freinds.

Enjoy the Town, your classmates, and the 300 foot tall Sandworm that inhabits the empty lot across the street from your school

(thats the intro, more to come)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 09:08:48 PM by Emopuppy »

scarypuppy

Re: Brawley Union High School
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 12:28:49 AM »
"God its hot" Eric was sprawled out on the cement next to the New gym, relaxing with his freinds and Matt. Matt panted heavily, leaning up against the yellow metal door leading into the air conditioned locker room. Matt glanced over to Eric, "at least were in the shade man, i mean, look at them." Matt pointed over to where there wasnt any shade, and as Eric looked, someone collapsed, their skin torn from their bones and their bones tumbling a few feet before turning to ash, "Who was that?" Eric looked at the remains, a pair of glasses began to melt, "Tony, i think." Matt shrugged, "not like anyone's going to miss him." just then Coach Bishop pushed the door open, sending Matt sprawling, his leg sizzling as it caught contact with the sun, "HOT HOT!!" he pulled his leg in quickly, a bit of fur singed off. Bishop looked at them both with his usuall bulldog face because...well....thats what he was, "Reyes, Kingsley, stop slacking and get back to work." Eric and Matt were on the JV football team, "uhm, Coach, its lunch." Eric wiped his forehead and looked up at Bishop from his place on the Cement, "......Carry on." Bishop walked out into the sun, strangely enough nothing happened. Eric tilted his head and glanced at Matt, "you think even sunlight is scared of him?" Matt shrugged and layed out on the cement like him, "I think he absorbs it, like a plant, whens the last time you saw him eat." Eric groaned and fell onto the ground again. Eric was a Husky, so his Thick Coat diddnt help anything, and Matt just sweated alot in heat, even being a Labrador. "hey Guys!" Eric shaded his eyes and looked up to see his freind Jessie with his usual smile and sashaying tail. Eric stood up quickly and dusted off his jeans, "hi Jessie." Jessie was a small Black cat, his long hair came over his eyes and gave him a cute shaggy look, plus he had eyes that put you at ease for some reason, Jessie was Cute to Eric, always purring and licking his cheek when Matt wasnt around. Jessie put his hands on his hips and looked up at Eric, who stood 4 inches taller than him, "What are you doing on Saturday?" Eric thought for a moment, "Nothing really." Just then the Bell rang, signaling the last class before school let out, Matt smacked him on the back hard, "dont be late for Practice today man." Eric nodded and waved as he left. "why?" "well, im going to the mall to see a Movie and I wanted to see if you wanted to come with me." Eric grinned and nodded, "sure, just dont get too frisky." Jessie put on an innocent face and mewed as he brought his paws up to his chest, "me?" Eric smiled and shook his head, leaned in and kissed him on the nose lightly, "See you Saturday, you know my Number." Jessie blushed and nodded, walked off to his next class. Eric looked at his watch, he had already lost 2 minuets talking to Jessie, "crap" He booked it to his next class, high fiving Dunny on his way there (dunny is a Doberman) He skidded into Mr. Henry's class with 3 seconds to spare, "Ah, Mr. Reyes, glad you could join us in this class, Sit, Now." Eric's ears bent back and he sat down at his desk, "Good boy" Mr. Henry was A human, who had a narrow perspective of Furries. "Now, Class, lets start off with lesson 3 section 5, the Mexican Revolution, which im sure most of you already know about." (Most of the Town is Mexican, Eric Included.)
"The Mexican Revolution was caused by many things, mainly however, by fascists within the government." a small paw raised on the other side of the class, his Friend Alex, or Pandalex as her nickname went, "I thought it was because of French Control." Mr. Henry sighed heavily, "no Mrs. Alex, that was the War for Independance, the Mexican Revolution was a completely different war at a completely different time in history, with Thugs Such as Emiliano Zapata and the Ruthless murderer Fransisco "Pancho" Villa." Eric grumbled from the back of the class, and Mr. Henry, even with his Human ear range, heard him perfectly, "Mr. Reyes, would you mind telling the class about your opinion of the Mexican revolution?" Eric grinned, "I would Love to." Eric walked up to the front of the class assuredly, head held high, "the Mexican Revolution was basically a Massive Civil War between several Factions, the fascist Government that had been established by a broken comprimise and numerous injustices to the Mexican People, The Zapatistas, or people who fought under the Command of Zapata, and GENERAl (Eric grinned and looked at Mr. Henry) Villa and his Villistas, the 'thugs' fought long, hard, brutal and costly battles against the ruthless might of the Heavily armed Mexican Federales, and actually won many battles, with Women and Children in their ranks, they proved that any group of people can fight for their rights." Alot of the class was smiling, agreeing, and a soft laugh and clapping came from Mr. Henry

(oop, GTG, later)

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 10:14:12 PM »
[so umm....can i?]
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 11:00:09 PM »
[so how do i join??]
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

scarypuppy

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 10:29:07 PM »
Ive Removed all past Posts because I am completely overhaulling the story line. more to come later

scarypuppy

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 01:06:03 AM »
Continuing from post before last

"Congratulations Mr. Reyes, you just earned detention for the next 2 weeks, disrespecting a teacher and distrupting a class, thats a new record." Mr. Henry smirked and leaned against the chalkboard, "now, Sit." Eric Trudged back to his seat, Christian sticking out his hand for a five, Which Eric promptly gave. As he returned to his seat, his friend Max, a spikey haired Cheetah turned to him and laughed, "smooth, man, Smooth." "You know me, I love the spotlight" "pshhh, you love getting your ass handed to you, hahaha" "Just turn around man." Max Saluted sarcastically and faced the board, Eric thinking to himself, "maybe band practice will be better than today."
Later that Day Eric plopped himself down on a bean bag chair in the makeshift practice room in Max's backyard Garage. Eric sipped at the luke warm pepsi in his paw and looked around, the walls lined with junk and posters, instruments lined up against the now jammed garage door leading out into the street. His friend Justin Cervantes walked in carrying a base amp. Justin stood six feet tall, with matted down hair and bright greenish blue eyes, he was slightly heavy set and always wore a sweater with a baggy hood. Justin was one of the Humans Eric knew, mainly from Grade school, and they were good friends. "Sup Morman?" (before you get all hissy on me, Justin Cervantes is a real person, he is really my friend, and Yes, I and pretty much everyone who knows him calls him Morman) "Nuffin, just setting up the amp, where's the others?" "Max is grabbing his guitar from his room, Tyler is probably on his way here and Justin P is right behind you." Justin turned and saw a large platypus step in carrying a doritoes V guitar (Im making up things at this point) Justin Price stood at just an inch shorter than Justin C, his dark brown fur being matted down at most places from his lazy demeaner. "hey" Justin P looked Justin C over, "Hey" (this is going to get confusing, both Justins are real people, and both are in a band with me.) Max entered in shortly after them, lugging his amp in close behind him. "Alright, everyone here?" Eric pointed to the empty drum set with gathering dust, "damnit, That fat arse is never here on time." A slight knocking noise came from the other side of the Garage door, "Guys, open up its me Tyler!" "Max walked over and kicked the door, "Go around Dumb*&$#, the door's jammed!" "Well....Unjam it!!" Max laughed and looked back for an answer, Eric standing and running headlong at the door, slamming into it with his shoulder, "The hell was that?" Eric shouted at the door, 'its me, Eric....How are you?" It got quiet for a moment then a soft laughing noise came from the other side. Max Shrugged and continued hitting the door, Eric Joining in. As they continued hitting the wall, they noticed someone else enter the fray, Tyler. As they stopped Tyler looked at both of them. Tyler stood at about their height, being 2 inches taller than Eric and about one taller than Max. his blond bleached hair glinting in the dim flourescent lights of the garage. "Bout time you showed up."
Everyone quickly got into place and prepared for the first set.
Max began with a slow strum pattern as Eric breathed in quietly, the jumped in at the same time as the rest of the band, "Run run run, dont let them, run run run, take us with them, run run run, dont make me, TAKE EM ALL!!!" a slight breakdown rose and fell in uinison with Eric's jumping, "I Love that feeling of eyes boring through my motives, examination equals intrest so you must be *&$#%@! obcessed!" they continued in a loop, running through their playlist and keeping tabs on their differences with every preformance.
At the end of it all, everyone started to pack up, getting ready to head home. Max showed everyone out, telling each one they were fat on the way out. Eric hummed to himself as he walked home, looking up at the half moon in the distant corner of the sky. Suddenly the stench of rotting flesh and a cold icy voice cut through his joy, "Enjoying the brisk January air Master?" Eric stopped and hung his head, his tail dipping down, "Mark, I told you, not when Im leaving a friend's house." Eric turned and faced a floating phantasm about his hight, with a whisp of smoke where his legs should be. Mark was the spirit of a teenager killed in the backalley behind the Hidalgo Hall, His murderer never found.....or his skull. Eric was the one who found it, when he was 9 and digging around pretending he was Indiana Jones. "ah, And I always forget this because....well it just doesnt matter to me." Eric rolled his eyes and looked around, the streets were empty for the moment, "what is it now Mark?" Mark slowly floated along the sidewalk, the nearby ant holes erupting with their inhabitants, all of them marching in a clockwise circle from below mark's slightly transparent form. He Reached into his coat pocket and brought out a slip, it was slightly burned and blackened, "Couldnt have kept it in better condition?" Mark Shrugged, "Im dead, what do I care?" Eric read the partially burned note, "Dear Mr. Reyes, it has come to our attention that a stray spirit has entered the realm of the living, and boy is it a doozy, this spirit is a level 4 shape shifter, and is excellent at hiding, be on your guard, it knows about you, Signed, Eternally yours, St. Peter." Eric sighed and stuffed the note in his pocket, glancing around again, "well not much I can do tonight, lets head home." they began to walk, mark's slit throat gurggling, "Could you stop that....its bad enough you just sit on the couch and read my books......or the alternative when you just.....float there.....couldnt you just find a bandage or something?" "Oh yes Genious, Why Dont I grab a spectral band aid so that it can patch up this bloody detached skull of mine!!!" Eric's ears bent back, "Point taken." they continued walking, unaware that a shadow nearby was watching them closely.

welll...phase one of rebooting this story complete, any questions just post em

scarypuppy

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 09:48:24 PM »
The sun leaked in weakly through the shades in Eric's Room. He threw small Plastic pellets at the shades, making it vibrate slightly, the light making the room seem alive. Mark hung from the ceiling, reading the recent issue of Game Informer Magazine, "Did you know they're making another Devil May Cry.....I thought they had had enough with the first 3." "Naw, you know those fangirls, they just need another pretty boy to imagine getting it on with a character from Final Fantasy." "The living frighten me." "Says the spirit hanging from the ceiling with a giant gash in his neck." Mark tossed the magazine at Eric and transformed into whisps of dark smoke, which curled and crept towards the floor till it landed and he uncurled out of the mass. "Now im bored.....Go out and look for that spirit." "Why, Its not like he's here." "ah...I see procrastination is a very desirable trait among Lovecrafters." (In this Universe, the Spirit world relies on specific living beings to catch and bring under control rouge spirits, these chasers are nicknamed Lovecrafters by St. Peter, who loves the author of the same name.) "blegh....fine, let me grab my jacket."
The morning air was crisp and biting, making Eric shiver even through his thick coat and jacket. His ears twitched back and fourth, waiting for the familiar sound of a shapeshifter's spiritual melody. Mark stayed close behind, his uninterested demeanor annoying Eric, "your the one who was complaining about looking for this thing." "yeah....but then i realized how boring it is." "you dont find much pleasure in much do you?" "what part of DEAD dont you get, the whole unfeeling part or the uncaring indifference part?" "Right....forget I said Anything." "Way ahead of you." Suddenly Eric's ear perked up sharply, catching the slight broken melody he had been searching for. He stopped at the corner of H and Main, looking around for the exact direction of the mournful sound. the pitch reminded him of the song, Crying Violin, by some unnamed Austrian Composer. the Pitch rose and fell, dipped and vanished temorarily, then spiked to his left. Eric shot a glance to his left and saw the drifting figure of a deep shadow, it froze midway across a road, and suddenly manifested a face, it's eyes were long, purple slits and its mouth was a large, toothy grin.......

GAH!!! writers block!!!

scarypuppy

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 09:05:05 PM »
"Thats it!" Mark grinned and quickly chased after the entity, leaving a trail of dark whisps of smoke. Eric crouched and quickly made the sign of the cross in front of him, which was followed by a large burst of light hitting where he was. Eric opened his eyes and quickly took assessment of where he was. Eric was zipping through the numerous channels of spiritual energy that covered the earth, all leading to only 2 places, heaven and hell. Eric used his connection with Mark to stay on the trail of the entity. Mark was trailing the spirit across town, they quickly crossed the outer limits of the Town's urban area and began to surge into the numerous agricultural fields surrounding the town. Mark's chase ended abruptly,  entering a type of waiting mode. Eric once again made the sign of the cross and watched a gaping mouth open in front of him, a forced exit through the channel. He rubbed at his eyes as he passed through the portal, adjusting to the sudden change. He tucked into a ball as he came crashing down into a large pile of excavated earth, sending up a massive plume of smoke and dust. "gak, cough, Damnit Mark...cough....couldnt you pick a nicer place for me to land?" "ah yes...lets blame it on the dead person, Racist." 'What?" "Just....nevermind, the shifter headed into that complex." Eric shook his head, getting as much dirt out as he could, and looked to where mark was pointing. The complex was huge, smoke stacks, vehicles, packing sheds, utility sheds, production houses and warehouses, the entity had plenty of places to hide. The buildings had all once been a massive part of the pesticide and fertilizer production for the Imperial Valley, but with the Federal restrictions on DDT and numerous other hazardous chemicals produced there, the factory had gone to waste, rusting, decaying, dying. Mark crouched, or, half hovered over a patch of ground, examining a strange purplish liquid on the floor, "it changed...." "huh?" "it turned into something.....probably a piece of equipment." "great....well...you know what to do." Mark groaned and stood up straight, turning to Eric. He bowed his head and placed his hands on opposite sides of his head, taking in a deep breath, the gurgling taking over, "Daemonic forces upon this Earth, shall have no voice within my heart, soul, mind." He slowly raised his head, eyes aflame, and began to open his mouth, his cheeks tearing, dripping a bright blue watery substance onto the ground and Eric, who answered back, eyes closed, "For I shall be the Sword, The shield, The Lash, and the Cane." Upon that last word, Mark's gaping mouth enveloped him, large wings sprouting from his back and folding on the shrinking form of Eric. As Eric's body was enveloped, veins of blue and red overtook the black shroud, pulsating to the very edges of the dark mass. His eyes opened, a divine light shining out of them. Then, an overpowering blast of light finished off the job, leaving Eric in his full Lovecraft form.

(yeaaaaaaaah, diddnt really try with this one........comments, complaints, drop em off.)