The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The last poster wins!!!  (Read 225996 times)

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
Re: The last poster wins!!!
« Reply #22155 on: December 29, 2017, 09:55:43 PM »

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #22156 on: December 29, 2017, 10:04:29 PM »
Hmmm...

Not my kinda party... I don't like being forced to dance with people...

Such a gesture has to come from oneself!

@Cz

Oh, really? They've got those stupid "no-camping areas" in Skyrim, too?

Well, that kinda brakes the deal for an avid international hobo such as me!

(Especially since I wasted a little more money than I'dve liked on accomodation in Scotland, given some not so smart rookie decisions...)

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #22157 on: December 29, 2017, 10:10:18 PM »
Oh no no no, of course you're free to camp on the grounds!
Skyrim seems to enjoy an even more free version of what we call "Everyman's right" or "freedom to roam" here in the land of a thousand lakes, meaning you're free to wander and set up camp pretty much everywhere regardless of who owns the lands, provided you don't disturb or destroy anything or anyone while doing so.

I just came unprepared is all, had ran out of firewood during my travels and the mountaineous area near the shrine didn't really offer many opportunities to restock.
That's one thing worth keeping in mind too.
I'd recommend staying in Winterhold and travelling to the shrine during the morning or early day from there rather than heading straight for the shrine, in case of sudden blizzards or other unforseeable inconveniences.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22158 on: December 29, 2017, 10:18:22 PM »
Hmm... Not my kind of party. I don't like being washed away by a floodwave. I'd rather use the common ways of transport to get around.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22159 on: December 29, 2017, 10:24:06 PM »
Right! I've read about that!

Scotland had the exact the same thing! And, as it turns out, Finland does too!

The only problem was that I did something really stupid in Scotland.

The one time I finally found myself out of the city, in the evening, and in some place where I could sleep, I decided to pitch my tent on a sloped surface...

Sure, the process of doing soo goes fine! But, once you're in your tent, you find out that you can't really sleep because you're constantly slowly sliding down of the sloped surface, inside your tent. And, B. I may or may not have assumed that bringing a mat wasn't entirely neccecary, on Scotland's apparantly very wet, muddy, and cold autumn hills.

Fast forward to me deciding that I didn't quite want to try sleeping whilst soaked and on a cold and sloped surface (It was on a giant hill, I didn't have much of a choice, in my defense) and I just decided to hike to the nearest town and get a hotel. Mind you, after night fall, on a cold, rainy, muddy, and slippery mountain side on wich I almost faceplanted a dozen of times.

Then lastly, fast forward to me deciding to try out a can of beans in tomatoe sauce, with pork sausages, and finding out that British' idea of pork sausage is litterally garbage rolled up in the shape of a weenie.

No, I didn't feel that good, the next day...

But, oh well, such are story of a young and inexperienced international hobo... :P

I hope you find them amusing! Oh, as well as that "the land of a thousand lakes" holds food on a slightly higher than the British...

[/rant]

Now, will the wall of text protect my win? :D

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22160 on: December 29, 2017, 10:27:55 PM »
Two words:

You wish.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22161 on: December 29, 2017, 10:29:34 PM »
Well, I forget to give you another one of my favourite kinds of party party, anyway!

Fun to give, not soo fun for your neighbours! :D

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #22162 on: December 29, 2017, 10:31:40 PM »
Worry not, our food has been publicly shamed as being "absolutely disgusting" by at least two international political figures, as well as Gordon Ramsay!

One of them were from Italy.
Then Finland beat Italy in an international pizza-making contest, by putting glorious reindeer meat on the pizza.
They named the winning pizza "Berlusconi" after the most vocal Italian Finnish food hater and it can still be ordered in certain pizza places.

We kinda did something similar to some guy named Molotov during the war too.
Finnish people have a weird sense of humor.
"Yeah, this guy insulted us. LET'S NAME SOMETHING AFTER HIM!"

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22163 on: December 29, 2017, 10:36:37 PM »

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22164 on: December 29, 2017, 10:41:45 PM »
Lol...

Well, at least it food, isn't it?

I can do the human equivalent of dog food. Hell, probably even genuine dog food, if I had to! But, the british stuff goes a little too far, even for me...

Imagine taking a coffee-filter, putting it in a little pot with water, and boilling it for about 15 minutes, soo it becomes really soft and mushy.Then, mix it with just a little bit of pork lard, to give it at least some flavour that it supposed to somewhat resemble food. And lastly, ofcourse, make it in the shape of a sausage.

That describes just about how those sausages tastes...

(And probably the garbage-graded food that they actually were...)

You don't have that in Finland, do you? >_>

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #22165 on: December 29, 2017, 10:51:18 PM »
Dunno, I don't eat sausage so my knowledge is rather limited.
There are like 9001 different varieties tho. Some are bound to be better than others and one is bound to be the wurst of the bunch.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22166 on: December 29, 2017, 10:54:18 PM »
But, I'm assuming that you'd be aware if any of your food tastes like coffee filters? :P

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #22167 on: December 29, 2017, 11:04:20 PM »
Only coffee filters taste like coffee filters. :P

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22168 on: December 30, 2017, 11:05:05 AM »
Allright...

Then, I'm assuming that you'd be aware if there's any food, intended for human consumption, being sold in your country, wich surpasses the quality level of "dog food" and goes into the quality level of "actually flavoured garbage"?

:s

Offline Garmy

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 10 Most Online
  • Is A Dark Funeral Fan
    • Awards
  • Species: Sergal
  • Coloring: White and Grey
  • Height: 1.75
  • Weight: 70 kg
  • Currently: Listening to Music As Allways
« Reply #22169 on: December 30, 2017, 11:07:08 AM »
is listening to Dreamstate Logic and relaxing before I go to a Funeral
Angels and Demons
Reach down for me