The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The last poster wins!!!  (Read 219039 times)

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
Re: The last poster wins!!!
« Reply #21990 on: December 19, 2017, 12:42:22 PM »
Dude, you need more languages in your life!

It's absolutely fantastic, even if it's litterally just to be capable of speaking in a language that someone you're talking with doesn't understand.

Nothing beats starting to sing "Oh du schoner westerwald" out, in German, at the top of your lungs, to some random russian yelling "cyka blyat" out over the entire server's voice channels.

It's just such a magical experience how they suddenly just don't know what to do anymore!

Offline Dazed

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Not real
    • Awards
  • Species: Raptor
« Reply #21991 on: December 19, 2017, 12:45:40 PM »
Hm. Perhaps.
To be fair, I should learn Spanish. Some areas here speak primarily Spanish.

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #21992 on: December 19, 2017, 12:49:40 PM »
Nothing is more fun when you're on the train to Köln and you hear someone talking about you, so you answer them in German.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #21993 on: December 19, 2017, 02:23:28 PM »
I'm thinking about Polish, but I didn't see how that would help much.

That was until I learned how many companies in the southeast actually had Polish people working for them. Either way, German is up first.

Offline Akartoshi

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Foxxo
« Reply #21994 on: December 19, 2017, 03:59:59 PM »
When I was young, my parents were missionaries and they brought me along to a bunch of countries, so I learned the languages there. Even today I still love learning languages and I'm studying linguistics
Small Furry discord
Join if you want cookies!
https://discord.gg/3Gx3dxN

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #21995 on: December 19, 2017, 04:08:41 PM »
That's actually really cool.

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #21996 on: December 19, 2017, 04:23:58 PM »
I must admit that it is indeeed rather awesome

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #21997 on: December 19, 2017, 04:25:35 PM »
I'm half tempted to make some kind of reference here that no other TFF member understands, but not tempted enough.

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
    • Awards
« Reply #21998 on: December 19, 2017, 05:32:18 PM »
Go for it, do it

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #21999 on: December 19, 2017, 05:56:18 PM »
Seems like someone might end up becoming a Library Grampa!

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22000 on: December 19, 2017, 07:23:18 PM »
I'm sorry to say I don't get the refference, tho...

But, yes, German is a very helpfull language to learn, because all of our tools and machinery come from Germany, and english translations for those user manuals seem to be rather hard to find...

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22001 on: December 19, 2017, 07:26:30 PM »
Sorry? I said I expected you to not get it 4 posts ago...

But yes, German could very well help me out later. It'll take a while to get up though.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22002 on: December 19, 2017, 07:31:16 PM »
You don't just speak like, a little bit of German?

Like most Dutchies do, because the language shows quite a bit of similarities with theirs?

Usually, if you can speak the language even only a tiny bit, all you need to do is just watch some movies in that language, and start talking/chatting with other people who speak the language, and within no time you have it!

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22003 on: December 19, 2017, 07:57:02 PM »
Yeah, I can speak it a bit. So I didn't really worry about it too much and just put my 3DS system to German.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22004 on: December 19, 2017, 09:14:08 PM »
Well, it's not that easy either! :P

Best thing to do is maybe find a buddy who speaks german, and just constantly talk german with him!