The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Universal distress  (Read 3674 times)

scarypuppy

Universal distress
« on: August 05, 2007, 02:07:42 AM »
Shaun Mcleary is a regular guy, holds a steady job with the Earth Unified Trading Corporation and has a home on Mother Earth and Luna.

However, a new race of aliens are beginning to flood into the Earth's  boundaries, and The ASC and UNSF are unable to keep tabs on all of them, so decide to offer them citizenship in the Milky Way.

After aproximately...2 months, it became apparent the aliens were seaching for something...or someone, with reports of people being scanned and acosted the them. The ASC called for Pacification and Controll, but the UNSF intervened and prevented war, allowing the aliens partial Amnesty if they agreed to keep from creeping out other HLs.

Shaun is on call at a shipping port within the interior of a small Moon, and has been noticing a large ammount of non-regulation traffic on the radio and in the ports, more and more ships of alien design landing on un-colonized planets.

But, like always, he just ignores it and goes back to watching the Luna and Earth Teams play Gravi ball against eachother.

sadly, this easygoing guy's life is going to be interrupted by a series of convenient plot points.....i mean uhm....events......yeah

(this story is a comedy, so i diddnt try to make the opening serious alright)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 08:28:16 PM by Emopuppy »

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
Re: Universal distress
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 12:07:36 PM »
[thats alright. take your time dear.]
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

scarypuppy

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 11:09:46 PM »
(thanks ^_^V)

(to clarify, Shaun is a dalmatian, has a thick crop of hair hanging over one eye)

Shaun grumbled to himself as he cataloged the latest shipment of Mech parts Destined for Planetary Colony system 4E, "Shaun, Hey, Shaun, over here!!" Shaun turned quickly, his office chair catching on his tail and tipping him over. "Now Now Shaun, with those skills you should have been accepted to Earth's Gravi-ball team." Shaun looked up to see the grinning face of his Boss, a one-eyed panther, a Veteran of the American and Chinese Space Expansion Wars. Shaun stood and cricked his back, "Naw, Id have to wake up too early"

(GRR...Finish it up later)

Oh, and Tomorrows my B-day!!

Offline Fisk

• Internet Addict
  • Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Ramma Lamma Ding Dong
    • My Myspace
    • Awards
  • Species: Canid
  • Coloring: Varies depending on mood, usually red and faded to black.
  • Height: 6' 1''
  • Weight: 135
  • Build: Slender, Atheletic
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 07:18:10 AM »
I like it so far Pup, keep it going ^^

(And Happy Birthday too!)

scarypuppy

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 11:50:28 PM »
(ooooh, I have the theme song for this story now!!)
(www.myspace.com/entershikari) (The song= Anything Can Happen)

Shaun picked his clipboard up off the ground and looked through it breifly, looking at Nate afterwards, "your rounds dont start till 5 man." (all Time in our Solar System is held on Earth time) Nate sighed, placing a hand on Shaun's shoulder, "I know, but i knew you'd be watching the Gravi game, so i came to wake you up, also, theres a new announcement, it has to do with the LFUN's (life forms unknown) showing up all over the place." Shaun nodded, grinning as he pushed his hover screen over the table, it clattered flat to the floor. Nate shook his head and walked to the doorway, leaning up against it as he addressed Shaun, "stow aways have been reported all over this system, a couple actually made it all the way to Earth, anyways, be on the look out for crates labeled for Mr. Johnessai, alright?" Shaun sat back down at his desk and have a salute back. Nate tapped his foot at the doorway, ".....Now, Shaun, I ment NOW!" Shaun groaned and stood, pulled on his Vest, Hardhat and Work Clothes. Nate slapped him on the back of the head and closed the door behind them.
Shaun kept his head low as he ducked underneath Robotic Shipping Arms, crates constantly being shifted and moved to their destinations throughout the shipping yard. Shaun had less than 5 minuets to before the yard was drained of Oxygen and atmosphere in order to check the crates in even pressure. Shaun pulled on his Worker's EVA kit and held onto a railing as shutters opened to vent in space. "Shaun EVA kit system check, Oxygen supply at 60 PLs, internal suit pressure reaching Cabin Levels, Biological scanner reading.....Negative Vaccum damage, Atmosphere draining at 150 Percent Ratio, complete in.....now." Shaun let go of the railing to find himself freely floating in the yard, the robotic arms shut off to allow him easy, safe access throughout the yard. Bzzzkrssssht "Shaun, the life form scanner in YA 50R picked something up, it might be a California Dove, but check it out in case." "Roger Nate." (California Dove= Small Birdlike Parasites that float freely throughout space, mainly in the airspace around Earth and Luna.)

(GAH!!!......Football, Finish up later Guys)

scarypuppy

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 08:53:56 PM »
"This is Shaun, reaching Bio scanner disturbance area, nothing in sight so far...." Shaun carefully shifted a robotic arm with his legs, bracing against a crate for support, "Are you sure it just wasnt a malfunction?" "Negative Shaun, somethins there....Its in a Shipment Crate, Label, TD 349, should have a large ASC stamp on it." "Roger.....Found it." Shaun grunted as he pulled out a large blue crate from a shipping cabinet. "thing feels like its empty." Shaun pulled a crowbar out of his equipment pack and slowly managed to break the top of the crate open. Shaun fumbled with his light rod strapped to his leg and peered into the crate, at first all he noticed were metal pipes, but as he looked in deeper, he saw a foot sticking out of one of the piles. "This is Shaun, initiate Oxygen flooding now, we have a Biological!" Nate jumped to his feet and rushed to the oxygenation control room, "damndamndamndamndamn!" Nate rammed into the control board and hit the ground with a loud thud. "Damnit." He stood quickly and looked for the shutter switches, hastily he flipped them and began to initiate the Oxygenation process, "Shaun, take cover, de-vacumization initiating in 4 seconds." "oh shit!" Shaun dived into the crate and pulled the lid back on hard, fastening it shut with one of the pipes. Shaun panted heavily in his suit, sweat trickling down his neck and on his chest, just then a soft voice emerged from the mass of pipes underneath him, "your hurting me." Shaun shifted sharply to see a pair of bright pink eyes glaring from the darkness of the crate. "what....the..." The crate was shaken suddenly by the enormous pressure regulators of the station, the crate flew across the room and slammed into a Ventilation shaft, denting it deeply. "Nate, Nate, This is Shaun, the Biological is still alive, and I think I slammed into something." His radio was silent, just the soft clicking of the radio's receiver waiting for a signal. "creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak." Shaun shaded his eyes as the top of the crate tore away, Nate standing in the bright yard lights will the mini Jaws of life jabbing him in the gut, "well, where is the Biological?" Shaun shook his head vigorously and climbed out of the crate, ripping his helmet off and reaching in to pull pipes out of the crate. Nate dropped the jaws to the floor and helped, tugging pipe after pipe out as they slowly uncovered the thin from of a Female Alien. Nate wiped at his forehead as he looked her over, "Shaun, Get her out of there, we need to call a Medi-craft." Shaun nodded and leaned in, tugging her free of the small pipes still pinning her to the crate floor. As they walked to the control room's medical center, Shaun took time to look over the frail girl in his arms. Her bright neon green hair seemed to be alive, with strands constantly entwining with each other and his arm. She was Human in appearance and features, but obviously of an alien race, most possibly one of the LFUNs. Her Light blue skin seemed to shift in shades as shadows cast themselves on different parts of her body, becoming lighter in the absence of light and darker in the presence of light. "Shaun, watch your step, were coming up to the bay door." Shaun nodded and picked her head up slightly, keeping it from hitting the door as they walked into the cabin, she managed to murmur another sentence through her blue tinged lips, "I'm going to do something bad, please let me go." Shaun blinked and looked down at her, she continued in her half comatose state. He thought of telling Nate, but saw him arguing with himself about how this was slowing down the yard, so he decided to keep it to himself. "Shaun, lay her out on the table, see if she has any atmosphere burns or injuries." Shaun nodded and laid her out on the table, placing a thermal blanket on top of her. Nate let out a large sigh and sat down on a stool nearby, running a paw through his short spiked hair. "this is great, 5 days after that damn Pluto tour ship rammed into the outer docking area, i get this, some LFUN hiding in a crate of fighter coolant pipes." Shaun opened one of her eyes and shined a light into it, "if you can hear me, or understand me, follow the light." Shaun moved the light back and fourth with no effect. "Can you speak, are you even concious in any way?" one of the girl's eyes opened and locked onto him, keeping its gaze on him. "Nate, shes in some state of comatose, but shes still concious." Nate walked over and waved a glow rod in front of her, the eye suddenly locked onto it, the pupil expanding almost to the point of bursting. "holy crap, shes definately one of those LFUNs, her eyes went crazy over a neon light source." Shaun rubbed at his neck, "wait....what?" Shaking his head, Nate propped the girl's head up on a padded cushion, "the LFUNs come from a region of space with a dying sun, thats why they've been flooding into our galaxy, they never go past Pluto or one of the Teraformed moons near Saturn and Jupiter, their anatomy makes them incapable of withstanding more than a few minuets of bright sunlight, they would fry on Earth." Shaun leaned on a nearby medicine bench, ".....what?" Nate growled deeply, "Their bodies cant stand extremely bright sunlight, so they decided to come here and remain on the icy planets." "then why is she here, or still alive, that crate read ASC property, which means its been to Earth at least once, and if thats true, like you said, she would have fried." "You expect me to know everything about these damn aliens, i can barely understand our own race, and dont get me started on the Humans." Shaun peeled his EVA suit off slowly, his fur matted down heavily, "Nate, im going to hit the showers, ill be back in a bit, if you need help just buzz me ok?" Nate nodded, "go ahead, i still need to radio for a Medi-Craft." Shaun saluted sarcastically and walked out of the bay, the top half of his EVA suit hanging off of him from the waist. Shaun carefully inputed his preferred temperatures into the water regulator's user interface, and as the water started and heated up, played the song, 'to Trixy and Reptile, thanks for everything, by Chiodos' and stripped the EVA suit off completely. "this is our, our one chance to make things right." Shaun sang along as he climbed into the shower and washed himself off. "the reflection in her sun bright eye." Shaun gargled a bit of the water and continued to wash off, " Ill keep dreaming, not another word sweetheart." he lathered his fur with shampoo and continued to wash off. He closed his eyes and turned around as the chorus played, "would you ever admit, your, in love?" He shook his head vigorously and wiped the last bit of soap from his bangs, brushing them aside. As he opened his eyes, the alien girl was leaning against the opposite wall of the shower, "hi." "GAH!!!!!" Shaun jumped out of the shower and pulled a towel out of the rack, unfortunately it was a hand towel, "wh..wh..what are you doing here, werent you in the Med bay?" The intercom squaked to life, "Shaun, Uhmm....The Girl is missing......yeah, Get up here....Now." Shaun turned back to the girl, who was holding his jeans up and examining them, "they feel so rough....what are these?" Shaun reached out and pulled them out of her hands, "those, are mine, and why are you here?" "the girl sat down on one of the wash stools nearby, "that Other Earthling was boring me, plus he was shouting at himself too much, I wanted to see if you would play with me." Shaun blinked and blushed deeply. "awww, cool, i wanna do that." the girl held her breath, her cheeks flared red momentarily, "whew...thats hard to do." Shaun walked forward and tossed her over his shoulder, "you, wait here, dont move alright?" He set her down inside of the maintenance closet. (just a note, the Alien girl is not a child.) "wait here, ill be back, and no looking." Shaun began to shut the door when one of her hands stopped it, "no looking at what?" Shaun was about to turn when he felt something grip his backside, "This?" Shaun growled deeply and slapped at her hand, "dont......dont do that." he closed the door and moved to his clothes, dressing quickly, water still dripping from his hair. The girl was crouching over a small california dove that had been hiding in the closet, "is it time to go already?" Shaun growled and picked her up, throwing her over his shoulder. "oof, your mean."

scarypuppy

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 05:17:27 AM »
Shaun leaned heavilly on the back of his office chair as he chewed on a small piece of gum he found in his pant pocket. "hey ...what are you?" Shaun sighed heavily and slumped his shoulders, "for the billionth time, I'm a Dalmatian." "whats that?" "Its a Species of Dog, And therefore, I'm a Furry....Alright?" The Girl rubbed at her neck a bit, seeming confused, "Are'nt there Humans where you come from?" "Yeah, Earth has the largest Population of Natural Humans, and Furries." The Girl hugged her knees, "Humans Scare me." Shaun was about to ask her what she meant when Nate entered the room. "Alright, apparently she has no signs of Atmospheric  or Vacume damage, Their sending a Medi-Craft right now from Titan." Shaun put his paws behind his head and slowly rocked the chair back and forth, "Great, I wont have to answer anymore stupid Questions." Nate Turned to him, "where did you say you found her, after I made the announcement on the loudspeaker?" Shaun was about to answer when the girl answered for him, "I watched him sing in the shower, it was cute, also his butt feels fuzzy." Shaun blushed brightly, crossing his arms and looking off to the side. "you diddnt tell me that part Man." Shaun mumbled an answer. "what, Shaun Speak up." "I said I didd'nt think it was important." Nate rolled his eyes and patted the Girl on the Head, "any Reason you ran off and ah..... Peeked in on Shaun over there." "you Bored me." "ah...b...I...." Shaun laughed softly from his seat. "oh shut up....Fuzz Butt." Shaun clicked his tounge and stood, "well, how long is the wait?" "about an Hour, take our guest to the Lounge and fix her up something to eat." Nate turned to the Girl, who stood and came up in height up to his chin, "what is your name...all this time and I havent asked." The Girl smiled shyly, "Nestria." Nate smiled and bowed slightly, "you are my guest here, so Shaun will assist you with whatever you need." Shaun groaned and facepawed his tail drooping.

(Finish up later guys, what do you think of it so far?)

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 12:59:12 PM »
(),0 I says, AWESUM!!! {ok, im done...worn out and need to get to work}
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
Your Worst Nightmare

scarypuppy

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 01:39:00 AM »

scarypuppy

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 01:31:43 AM »
Shaun dragged his heels as he led the Girl to the mess hall, she had gained a close attatchment with playing with his tail. "stop" "why?" "Because I said." "that doesnt make sence." "yes it does because I'm in charge." "nooooo, your boss said I am, so nyah." Shaun bit his lip to keep what he was about to say to himself. Shaun let out a sigh of relief as he saw the Mess hall just down the hall from him. "alright, what do you eat." The girl tugged on his tail and hummed to herself, apparently thinking it over.

(im soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry to whomever may be actually reading my material, sooo sorry)
(yes.....another Delay...gah I hate myself)

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2007, 11:06:30 PM »
O,o ooohhh...i like it.
Your Worst Nightmare

scarypuppy

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 11:47:47 PM »
"I'd like a sandwich." Shaun rubbed at his temples as he headed towards the fridge. Carefully he opened the door and squinted as the hissing cold came rushing out at his eyes. The girl sat at the nearby counter fiddling with a small parakeet that was being kept in a cage, "hey, please don't take him out of his cage, he's old." The girl looked up at him and smiled, "but he seems so sad, all cooped up in the cage like that." Shaun rolled his eyes and pulled de-oxygenated lettuce from the bottom shelves, along with several packets of condiments and slices of turky. As he pulled out the items, he heard and slightly felt a, "fwoofsh" from behind him. He straightened out his back and turned slowly to see the girl covering her mouth with her hands and looking at a small pile of ashes at the bottom of the cage. ".....What happened?"

(im beginning to question wether or not i should even write anymore with all these interruptions >.<)

Will update soon

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2007, 10:21:05 PM »
oohhh...i can guess...
Your Worst Nightmare

scarypuppy

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2007, 09:14:33 PM »
Nestria shook her head vigorously, as if saying she doesnt know what happened. "well, its not like it just burst into flames for no reason." Nestria nodded, keeping her eyes glued to the ashes. "sigh....well....clean it up." Brrakzrrt, " Shaun....this is Nate, we have an ASC decimator circling us, its already jammed our sensory equipment on the south side of the station, plus it keeps sending this message, 'Release the star, and the world will shine bright, any hindrance shall be swept aside by blade and shield' what the hell is the star, and what do they mean Swept aside?" Shaun looked over at Nestria, her eyes were wide, staring out to the solar tinted window that showed the night side of Earth, and the large outline of a Decimator apparently glaring at them. Shaun ducked under the counter, then thought and pulled the girl over with him, "Shhhh, stay here, im going to go talk with Nate, stay here and dont move." she nodded and hugged her knees. Shaun reached the self defence armory and searched for anything he could use to protect himself, a concrete foam launcher, no only one use, a tazer gun, yes, a neuro-interference launcher, no, its unreliable. Shaun ran his paw through his hair, his bangs falling back over his eyes, he quickly loaded the tazer and grabbed several other batteries in case. While leaving the armory, he noticed a radio and pulled it out, checking for a channel that would link him with Nate in the Control Room. "Nate, Nate, its Shaun, are you there?" Suddenly Shaun was thrown out into the hallway and sliding across the floor as the station was shaken like a child's toy. Shaun groaned as he stood, the lights had shorted out from some electric charge. Carefully, Shaun braced himself against a wall incase of a second hit, and tried Nate again. this time, he got a reply, "Shaun, thank God, all the power went out, except for life support and the back up generators, i cant check any of the systems unless you turn the power back on, head to the Power Cell Room, change them and get the power back." Shaun cursed under his breath and hooked the radio into his belt loop, checking his Tazer gun and picking up a flashlight from the armory, he picked up a second and went back to Nestria, who was waiting patiently for him, "about time you finished up, and what was all that noise about." Shaun Bared his teeth and handed her the flashlight, "just stay here, you act like a child I swear." Making his way with only the narrow beam of light from the flashlight, he followed the wall signs to his goal, the Power Cell room. As he neared the room he heard loud thumps and groans from up ahead, along with his radio crackling to life. Shaun Tossed his bangs and pulled the radio up to him, Nate spoke in a quiet tone, "Shaun, the ASC ship Deployed several Enolas, be careful, theyre looking for something." Shaun crouched low when he heard Enola, the Retriever units the ASC used in Covert ops when they diddnt want to risk Human or Furry life. They hunted by sound waves and body pheromones, sensing emotions in the form of a specific pheromone. Shaun creeped forward in a half crouch, his gun drawn and flashlight in the other hand, the radio hanging from his hip emitting a bit of white noise every few seconds.  Up ahead of him a loud screeching noise was followed by a quick tapping. Enolas are built like humans, but have Canine hind legs and  extremely sharp fangs, their hands and back legs have talons that emit a subsonic tremor that locates any object with enough organic density to appear on their mental radar. Their eyes are vestigal at best, being about the size of an overgrown pea. Their skin was tough and leathery, a side effect of the epidermal tonic that gave them a high tolerance to wounds. Shaun hugged the wall and crept slowly to the end of the hallway his flashlight shaking in his paw. just as he reached the end of the hall, bright green liquid with a luminescent tint sprayed out from around the corner, hitting his forearm and pant leg. Shaun bit his lip as the fluid sank into his fur, stinging his skin, it was the Power Cell pipelines that delivered power throughout the station, one of the Enolas was apparently trashing one. The Enola on the other side of the hallway snarled and banged against the wall, the fluid was starting to burn it's insides. the Enola climbed up quickly into the ventilation shaft, its talons making skittering noises as it moved about. Shaun rounded the corner and scanned the hall with his gun and light, nothing but the bright glow of the Power Cell Pipeline was there. "Damnit, as if it wasnt bad enough"

(well, first large installment)

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2007, 02:12:14 PM »
nice. very good. suspense is killing me.
Your Worst Nightmare