The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: At the end of the day...  (Read 269 times)

Offline BakaFawkes

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • It's not personal text if you can read it!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Dark Fulvous, Reddish hair
  • Height: My height (How tall am I anyway?)
  • Weight: Same as me (still unknown, maybe 160-ish)
  • Build: Average, but nimble, naturally fit.
  • Currently: Totally stressin'
At the end of the day...
« on: March 15, 2014, 03:35:37 AM »
Take a moment right before you get in your bed with laptop/remote/controller in hand. Think about your day, the whole thing from start to finish. All of the good things, sucky things (don't dwell on them, that's not the point!), and everything between. Focus mainly on you, total introvert status. Did you help anyone today? Did you do anything to contribute to society? Or did you just watch vine piles on Youtube and spam Instagram hashtags? Nine times out of ten (myself included) you just wasted space another person could be occupying. Pretty much anyone more deserving of your life could've handled it way better, right? Feeling bad about yourself? You should be. Think of all the miracles and great feats you could've done that day, but you didn't. All of the spare time and opportunities flushed down the drain. Take a second to mope about it, you deserve it.
           Now suck it all up and think of it this way. You just made a great To Do List for tomorrow.  :D

I was feeling this exact way today. Pissed I wasted a whole day on the internet. Well, multiple days... Then I realized, instead of wallowing in my laziness/failure, I can analyze it and use it to my advantage. Thomas Edison is the perfect example of this. He said himself, at least he'd figured hundreds of ways not to build a lightbulb.  :)

I could've parked the mouse and fallen asleep to my Youtube playlist a fat fox, but then I decided I may as well write this down as something productive I did for myself and others. Have a good night, everyone!  ;)
You don't have to be great to start, you only have to start to be great.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: At the end of the day...
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 03:54:09 AM »
Please note that general board topics are there to warrant discussion on a specific topic about the fandom or not, that isn't already covered in any of the other boards (Ie: Any topic that isn't about cooking, writing, TV/movies/Video games, fursuiting, news, and stuff like that). Advice given to people should be posted in the R&A thread.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Twilight Rose

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf/Snow Leopard
  • Coloring: Black and silver/Black and red
  • Height: ~5'9"
  • Weight: ~150lbs
  • Build: Lean, fairly muscular
  • Currently: I don't even know
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 05:44:47 AM »
Not to say being an introvert is a bad thing. Many of our revered geniuses were.

"I am a servant of the world. And if I am a servant, then you should consider yourself a tool, at best."
~DiZ, Kingdom Hearts II

Offline BakaFawkes

• Chatty Cheetah
  • It's not personal text if you can read it!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Fulvous, Reddish hair
  • Height: My height (How tall am I anyway?)
  • Weight: Same as me (still unknown, maybe 160-ish)
  • Build: Average, but nimble, naturally fit.
  • Currently: Totally stressin'
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 05:27:15 PM »
Exactly, I think it is safe to call myself introverted, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I think being introverted can be more beneficial, actually. I you play more to your own success, you wouldn't really need others for much, and extroverted people don't have to worry about you.
You don't have to be great to start, you only have to start to be great.