The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A New Start OOC  (Read 5339 times)

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Roar. Return of a VanHellsing.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Water Dragon
  • Coloring: Silver-blue scales, purple hair with silver eyes
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slim but lithe
  • Currently: Kit's going through many transformations as an ice dragon X3
A New Start OOC
« on: January 01, 2014, 06:02:45 AM »
Life's hard when you're a dragon and no one wants to have you around. It's why some of us have to sneak around and try not to get killed by any hunters or someone after a bounty. Fellow dragons and dragoness', will you help me take a stand and retake our island? Or will the Shadowlyn government continue their rule?

Shadowlyn is made up of seven six floating islands:
Ralfin
Elkimean
Arcadius
Elercrest
Shadowlyn (Main Island)
and Kendian

There's legend of a seventh, but no one speaks of the Isle of Dragons, in other-words, Drakos.

The dragons are powerless for the current time being, seeing as their island had floated into another dimension. Still, Shadowlyn and surrounding islands are in constant danger from the humans, who want to wreak havoc on the native's peaceful land. Setting: Steampunk Era. Be creative :3

Additional info: (Provided by General Neo Kaede. Updated by General Ferrar.) Shadowlyn and islands are floating in the Earth's atmosphere, un-inhabited by humans, but by fellow furries and scalies. The Guard try to ward off the humans, who have formed groups with certain infected furs. They're called Sky Pirates, and the infection that goes around is within every single fur roaming the islands. It's called Ferality. It only presents itself when a traumatic event has happened to anyone. It causes severe pain through the body, rendering the sufferer unable ot move and/or speak on some occaisions. Only a few have survived this disease, but only by bonding with demons. 9/10 stay within the walls of Shadowlyn's largest city. One lives on her own. The ones that didn't bond became the Ferality Stricken and are Sky Pirates. It is IMPERATIVE that they be avoided upon contact. IF and ONLY IF there is no way for them to be avoided, do not engage them in battle. Escape if there's a way out, but other than that, send a distress signal and a group of Militia will be sent to get you.
[/size][/size]-NEO[/size][/font]

[/color]-FERRAR[/color][/size][/font]

Character sheet~
[/color]
Name:
Race/Species:

History: (Where you come from, recent things that've happened, past events.)

Appearance: (Be as detailed as you want.)
Abilities/Special powers: (Three to four, or one if it's really powerful, but nothing really OP.)
Class: (Be creative! Ex: Sword-master, warrior, alchemist, etc.

Area: (Where are you starting out? Where will we meet you?)

[/font][/color]
[/size]
----------------

Name: Kitane VanHellsing
[/color]
[/size]Race/Species: Water Dragon (Royal)[/color]
[/size]Gender: Female[/color]
[/size]Age: 20[/color]
[/size]History: Before her unjust death, Kitane lived as a quiet child: told she would never be able to see or speak in her lifetime. One day at the age of 9, she heard her father utter a terrible curse upon a man who had tried to rob them. Merely days after, a nightmare strikes the young girl in her sleep, awakening her mother. Carefully, she tried to console her daughter, holding her close to her chest. In those few moments, Kitane spoke the curse by accident, her first word that destroyed her mother's heart. Kitane's father felt guilty, wanting to kill her, but instead coming up with a plan. Unable to kill his first-born daughter, he left her outside of a village of Dragon Slayers for them to slaughter. His plan succeeded. Killed by the Dragon Slayers, the goddess Marianna brought her back to life, infused as a half-vampire and with her original power. She acted wild, feral to anything that dare come near. However, as fate played its hand, a young boy had been playing outside, only to get lost. They formed a bond of friendship and companionship over the years, and are now closer than anything. Kitane, however, is currently being hunted by the Dragon Slayers, and several bounty hunters.[/color]
[/size]Appearance: Wears an 'x' shaped, teal shirt, shorts/pants, and a scarf that doubles as a half-face mask. Purple hair with white eyes (can only see in shadows during the day and clearly at night). [/color]
[/size]Abilities/Special powers: Alakir's Taste - Can use the power of her voice, much like a shout (Skyrim), but is unable to speak.
[/color]
[/size]Class: Alchemist/Fighter/Dual-wield
[/color]
[/size]Area: Shadowlyn/Arcadius[/color]
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 03:00:51 AM by Obsidian Kitane »
  • Signature art by: IrondaS - photobucket

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 6' 9" dued to long animalistic like hind legs
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: leath and lanky
Re: A New Start OOC
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 07:10:34 AM »
Hm... are we required to be dragons?
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline Wynter

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Snow Dragon (feral)
  • Coloring: Black and white scales + fur
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Making fires.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 09:36:53 AM »
Ill join,
Name: Wynter
Race: Snow Dragon
history: born in the coldest region of the universe, Wynter is a cold blooded menace to his enemies, and a loving fatherly dragon towards his friends. The whereabouts of his parents are unknown, but he hopes to discover the truth behind their mysterious disappearance.
appearance: most snow dragons have white and black scales, with a large amount white hair and a long black/white patterned tail with more fur at the end.
ability: frost breath. (instead of fire Wynter breathes a chill of wind capable of changing any object or organism to its absolute-zero temperature.)
class: Wind-Bearer (can manipulate wind patterns for faster flying, can also summon tornados)
area: Arcadius/Shadowlyn
Follow my furry blog? http://gotfur.tumblr.com/
Kik: Dovuu

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 12:35:50 PM »
No, you don't /have/ to be a dragon lol.

And it looks great, Wynter. :3

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
  • Height: 6' 9" dued to long animalistic like hind legs
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 01:06:50 AM »
Well to those who all know me well. I tend to recycle characters a lot. Except for bios, and some minor appearance changes.

Name: Leo Cyrule
Race: Desert Serval (Thralled)

Appearance: He appears to be a normal male feline, standing around six feet and two inches tall. His fur is orange with gray markings that resembles a mixture between a tiger's and a leopards. Along his neck exist a small amount of feathers that are hidden under his fur, and on his hands and toes are larger than normal claws as some oddities of his form. His eyes are also missing the pupils, and instead are consistent of large cerulean pupils. He wears a white polo underneath a waist coat with the world's atlas as it's main design. His pants are a pair of clean black slacks.

History: Leo was once a mastered thief from many years ago, past the point where any mortal man would be dead by now should they have existed in that era. In one of his own personal journies he happened upon a fabled ruins that was once a legend. A voice of a sphinx spoke out to him, enticing him to taking the challenge of his trials, and should he pass he will be awarded a prize of his own choice. Naturally, falling victim to the taste of adventure, the thief took the trial and had succeeded to be transported to the Spinx's personal palace. He was told it's name was Erudite, and he was given several options. Leo decided to take the less promising option which allowed him to stay in the Sphinx's company as well as live an elongated life till a death by normal mortal wounds, as well as other benefits. Doing so had caused the feline to take a small transformation, giving him features more exclusive to spinxs' or gryphons.

Abilities:
Eyesight: His eyes allows him to see perfectly in the dark, but only in black and white.
Temporary flight: The thief sadly isn't strong enough to posses the ability of endless flight, and can only fly for ten minutes at high speeds, and thirty minutes if it's a mild trip. His wings consists of only feathers that float in the air without any visible form or body. His wingspan d is approximately twelve feet.
Acrobatics: His own personal ability before his transformation.

Class: Thief/Scholar/Rogue/Sphinx's Companion.
Area: Shadowlyn/Arcadius
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 08:38:24 PM »
Woop, looks great. :3 Now we just need a few more people >3<

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Helios
  • Coloring: Natural fur coloration with teal hair and golden orange eyes
  • Height: 6 feet flat
  • Weight: 185 pounds
  • Build: Tall, and Lanky
  • Currently: I am Shiro Champion of the Elynx Four!
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 08:44:50 PM »
Will fill out an Application tonight!
  • Signature art by: Luna

We don't ask for the life we are given, but we can ask ourselves to live it to the fullest.

I sometimes think as many as six impossible things before breakfast ~ Alice, Through the Looking Glass

If you think I put little effort into getting dressed, just see how little I'll need to put into kicking your ass ~ Trixsie Vixen

Expert Hugger, King of the Forums, and God of the Sun, Dead, and Sea!

This isn't going to my head I swear!

Offline Magical Machine

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Received through special limited time events
  • Beep Boop.
    • Awards
  • Species: Physical A.I.
  • Coloring: Primarily gray.
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 200 Pounds
  • Build: Certainly out there.
  • Currently: Existing
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 05:40:27 PM »
This role-play sounds interesting to me, And seeing how long age the messages were posted, I fee late( ._. ). Quick question though: Would it be alright if I was a dinosaur, not feral dinosaur, but an anthro dinosaur?
Domo arigato...

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 02:52:24 AM »
Go for it. :3 Any type of creature is permitted (aside from humans) c:

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Helios
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 04:03:41 AM »
Hey guys anyone know a good Dragon Fursona artist? I would love to do this RP but I really wanna have a reference pic before hand :P

We don't ask for the life we are given, but we can ask ourselves to live it to the fullest.

I sometimes think as many as six impossible things before breakfast ~ Alice, Through the Looking Glass

If you think I put little effort into getting dressed, just see how little I'll need to put into kicking your ass ~ Trixsie Vixen

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
  • Height: 6' 9&quot; dued to long animalistic like hind legs
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 05:17:59 AM »
Just write a description. But if you really need a dragon, Try Wigged Zeipher, or Rigor Mortis.
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • Helios
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 05:53:16 AM »
Question! When you say Alchemist do you mean like potions, or like Full Metal Alchemist?

Offline Magical Machine

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Received through special limited time events
  • Beep Boop.
    • Awards
  • Species: Physical A.I.
  • Coloring: Primarily gray.
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 200 Pounds
  • Build: Certainly out there.
  • Currently: Existing
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2014, 06:43:56 AM »
Alright, I thought I was going to have to start thinking to myself of a different character and character sheet if you said no  :)

Name: Thamir (Can't think of a last name, sorry.)

Race: Velociraptor (Brown)

History: As a ten year old, Thamir was a simple child, occasionally doing good and wrong here and there, had a few friends and lost a few friends. One day though, he had lost his last friend due to a rumor about him going around the school he attended. He was sad, but he eventually got over it when he was sent to another school by his father. He didn't get any new friends though due to him being shy. Suddenly, Thamir's life took a sharp turn when his father was pronounced dead due to an accident at his job as an engineer. When Thamir's mother found out, she was put deep into depression. Thamir did his best to keep her happy and away from suicidal thoughts for seven years straight. However, he couldn't keep it up much longer. Eventually, the depression became to much for his mother. She seemed to just push Thamir away whenever he would try to cheer her up now. Soon, the inevitable happen, his mother died by committing suicide while in her bedroom. When the seventeen year old raptor came to his mother's room when he heard a thud, he was horrified to see his mother dead, hanging from a wire noose. He tried to get her down, but it was no use and Thamir gave up. He cried for a minutes before immediately leaving the house, not wanting to remember anything about it. A few months passed and before Thamir turned 18. He got himself a job and and a small home that was quite cheap. His life started to smooth out again, but it would never be the same with the haunting memory of his parent's demise[size=78%].[/size] His new, independent life wasn't all that simple though. When things around his knew home seemed to grow old and broken, and he didn't have enough money to pay it off, he would become a thief at night. Robbing people when they wouldn't notice and stealing jewelry before selling it for some money. Being a thief wasn't very simple as getting caught could end very bad, so he had a few tricks up his sleeves that he had been trained in. Only one of those abilities were given when he was born, making him a very good thief.[size=78%]
[/size]
Appearance: Wears a shirt that has long sleeves and also has a hood on the back. It is also grey in the middle, but the hood, back and sleeves are black. Wears long jeans that are a pale blue, his eyes are hazel, he is 5' 8" and his tail is 3' 7".

Abilities: Enhanced five senses, camouflage and Acrobatics.

Class: Rouge/Thief/Ranger, whatever you would like to call it.

Area: Ralfin

Please tell me if you need more, less, or something changed in this sheet, I will change it when I get the chance.
Domo arigato...

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2014, 10:44:50 AM »
Shiro: I draw :3 I did my own profile pic, but it looks better as traditional than digital ^^'

Thorin: It looks great. ^-^ Welcome to the world of Shadowlyn. c:

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • Helios
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 02:51:34 PM »
Name: Sorin Gold-Scale

Race/Species: Fire Dragon

History: Sorin was born in a small tribe. Where is lost to him as the tribe was wandering by nature and never stayed put for more than a few weeks.  When he was about twenty-two he entered an apprenticeship under the tribe’s alchemist. Sorin showed talent and promise. At the young age of thirty-five he mastered Alchemy and for a time was the tribes Alchemist. At the age of one hundred and twenty five he passed on the mantle and began to travel the world.

Appearance: Sorin stand at a short height of 5’4. His scales are range in color from a fiery red to a sun kissed orange, and a golden yellow. The palms of both of his hands are silver the sign of a natural born alchemist. His head is slightly angled and he has two horns that grow out of it, though the left horn is broken from a particularly nasty fight. Although he is from a tribe he is far more civilized and wears a black long sleeveless shirt and flexible black chain-mesh pants. He wears ankle high black combat boots. His left ear has to small gold studs and the right has one silver. He carries a silver pocket watch that is embezzled on the front with a dragon like creature. He has a red long coat that features a similar design to the pocket watch on the back. He also has a distinct marking on back right shoulder that looks like a black flame.

Abilities/Special powers: Sorin is a master of alchemy able to transmute substances on the fly with just his hands. He also has a slight draw to fires, which have been known to accelerate his healing.

Class: Alchemist

Area: Arcadius
And is that an offer Kitane? Cause now you have a description if you wanna draw my OC :D  and if you do I'd prefer traditional <3 I have a love for traditional that shant be tamed.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 05:18:41 PM by ShiroTenshiRyu »