The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Wise words for anxiety?  (Read 330 times)

Offline Growlithe

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Blarg
    • Awards
  • Species: Meerkitty
  • Currently: Ready to see the world
Wise words for anxiety?
« on: December 26, 2013, 06:59:07 AM »
More often than not I feel sick. I'm finding myself thinking about pains and worlds I used to know. It seems like my life is a constant source of self destruction. I am hoping that by writing this someone will know where I'm coming from or have ideas to remedy my issues. I have anxiety problems mostly, and it mostly lies within my social world. It's not from bad peers. (I have an average group of friends I'd say, and I don't have a bad number, about 10 I'd trust well.) The issue is that if I don't feel like I'm in a conversation every half hour, my mind starts wondering. This usually leads to negative thoughts of people I've lost from distance or people that one day stop talking to me or people I am forced to stop talking to because I'd be kicked out of my only home. That led to me leaving a man I was very happy with and now that I've been pushed back to following the norm of dating I'm emotionally wrecked in my love life. (thank the world I will be far, far from home after this year). I get a heavy stomach and it feels as though I actually have a hole in my heart. Once I get in these moods the only cure is simply talking to someone, but not about my issues. That only makes it worse because I cannot entirely convey my pain with words, which is an issue here. I have to find a medium of social basis to distract me from myself. I've seen docs before for my messed up mind, but it's never gone anywhere. If anyone can offer anything. It would mean a world and a half to me. I really apologize if there are typos, but I wrote this at 2 am and I cannot get to sleep like this anymore.

Tl;dr
Right now I'm trying to address the issue of anxiety, and if anyone had any words of wisdom, I'd really appreciate it.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 07:06:18 AM by Growlithe »
  • Signature art by: unknown
Feel free to PM me, I check here 1-2 times a day and love getting PMs

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Wise words for anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 07:50:58 AM »
I can suggest you write down whatever's on your mind and keep it as a Word document that you can open and add to at any time. It doesn't have to make sense or even have correct spelling. Just write words that are on your mind. It's somewhere your thoughts can wander to if you have trouble talking about them.

Don't label it anything special or keep it easily open to find. It's your document to write and keep to yourself. It's not really like a journal, but rather an alternative place your mind can express itself without frustration or confusion or other's opinion to interrupt your own. You can read it sometimes if you'd like, but I find it better not to. It felt a lot better to express what's bothering you somewhere if your thoughts are keeping you up at night. 

Try it. It helped me sleep.

Also, taking part in physical activities can make you feel better. Doesn't have to be a sport you don't like but paintball, airsoft, and range shooting were sports that relieved some stress when I felt angry or bored. Keep your mind occupied with things you like and hobbies you enjoy and always express yourself in some way, even if you need to paint something.

Trapping yourself inside your head is never fun. Being alone with your thoughts is even worse. Do your best to keep an open mind and create opportunities for achieving anything you want. 
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 07:53:56 AM by Spike_ »