The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Your theriotype and how you figured it?  (Read 3797 times)

Offline Halopromise

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Some people pursue happiness, others create it.~
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Gem chimera (cheetah, liger, eastern dragon)
  • Coloring: Halo's pelt is a solid ivory white; the svelte fur covers nearly every subtle curve of her body besides a few.
  • Height: 7 ft
  • Weight: 150 lbs
  • Build: Halo is a lissome female; her slender body and a broad chest, normally conveying a captivatingly regal and elegant figure, which is fitting for her role.
  • Reference: [link]
Your theriotype and how you figured it?
« on: December 22, 2013, 03:03:47 PM »

Not sure if this was created already, my apologies.

So, I'm just curious is all.
How did you guys figure out you were a therian and more specifically, what it was?
Being  recently "awakened" I must say that I had never really expected it would be a wolf. I usually like to stay away from common animals in the furry fandom and making characters... but, you don't get to really pick I guess. XD
|| Digital artist || Therian || Furry || Fursuiter || Mascot/fursuit creator || Writer || Animator

Offline WolvenDogma

• Avid Aardvark
  • The cream of the crop, rise to the top!
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Kanine
  • Coloring: White fur/ black and grey in it
  • Height: 6' even
  • Weight: 235 lbs
  • Build: Muscular and very strong, a bit husky tho
  • Currently: Depressed as can be
Re: Your theriotype and how you figured it?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 08:20:00 PM »
For me I guess it started when I was young, I always felt a strong bond with canines. Then in middle school, about when I was in 6th grade. I began to "awaken" I felt that there was something odd about myself, that I was different. I began searching for others like me and I had dreams that drove me to learn that I was a wolf at heart. I couldn't really say what the dreams were but I know they drove me to finding the fandom and theriantrophy. I have meditated and learned many things about my inner spirit, or spirits. I remember every night I went to bed praying that I would wake up with wolf ears, claws and a tail. x3 then waking up every morning expecting them to be there then they weren't. In the end I guess I have become used to myself, I wish I still felt the drive of being awakened, it's a feeling like no other. Maybe it will come back to me when the time is right.
"You just cannot, reach the self tought. The self taught of romance. When they develop opinions based on bad experience." -ZakDogma

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 03:03:06 AM »
I think I might have one. The only times I've been in the subconscious thingamajig, I've been a scaly fire-breather. Fancy, but I'm not sure what to make of it.

Offline Twilight Rose

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf/Snow Leopard
  • Coloring: Black and silver/Black and red
  • Height: ~5'9"
  • Weight: ~150lbs
  • Build: Lean, fairly muscular
  • Currently: I don't even know
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 03:58:38 AM »
I discovered mine through my stories. Each character was a fursona, and each was based off of a specific part of who I am. I have multiple theriotypes, defined by the different characters.
"I am a servant of the world. And if I am a servant, then you should consider yourself a tool, at best."
~DiZ, Kingdom Hearts II

Offline Naali Vekkinei

• Avid Aardvark
  • I leave my humanity to become a fox.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Arctic fox from Finland
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic fox
  • Coloring: White, black, brown
  • Height: 32cm
  • Weight: 9kg
  • Build: Small, light, agile
  • Currently: Quiet and Shy
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 05:51:19 AM »
So, I feel strange when I was been a child. I have dreams about my animal body. I feel ears, paws and tail.
When O grow up I feels something in real time. I feel my paws something I feel hooves.
This feeling has been more strong and I feel all animal body. I have mental shift every day.
So, when J was been child I feel quinest animal. Later I feel foxie body parts.
Today I'm arctic fox but something I feel horse body. It's very amazing for me.
I accepted my feeling but i have problems accepted human body.  I'm not like this body.
Sydämellisin terveisin Helsingista! =^.^=

Offline Adrian_Kruezotter

• Avid Aardvark
  • Secretive Serpent
    • Awards
  • Species: Snake
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 7'11"
  • Weight: 563 lbs.
  • Build: Very well built and muscular
  • Currently: Lurking in the dark of your closet...
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 01:07:17 AM »
Well, mine also started at childhood. I always liked all sorts of animals, some as friends, some rather to eat. Like chickens. Being raised in a heavily outdoor environment far away from the city probably helped. Snakes have always been intriguing to me. Sometimes, as a little kid, I would put little snakes in my mouth, though I didn't eat them. I would stop my schoolmates from picking on little garden snakes, and would often times put myself in a staring contest with a snake. It was always a draw. I was always pretty good at keeping my eyes open. Literally, I could go for hours without blinking. Then there was the fact that the snakes were always comfortable with me. They never ran away, they never bit. I even was able to pick up rattlesnakes when visiting my uncles that lived in desert-like environments. I always liked lying in the shade, although being as big as I am, finding a place large enough but still with plenty of shade and such. I always really liked eggs. Just thought I'd mention that. I had a friend who was a native american, (I forget which tribe. They were one of the south-western ones.) he told me that I reminded him of a snake. I was, and still am a generally quiet person, never talking unless I have something real to say. "Your eyes," he would often say. "They don't blink often. And they are very green. You have the eyes of a snake." I was a snake, and he was a hawk. We would often have long staring contests in fifth grade. The talk of the school. But I always came out triumphant. It seems that in nature, natural predators could also become natural friends. We were plenty close. He was one of my first friends coming to America from Germany. I've also been pretty good in the medical field. I knew plenty of remedies, be they from supernatural or scientific means. My specialty was always toxins. I knew everything, from plants and frogs to elements on the periodic table. My knowledge of the human mind and anatomy was no less informative. Then there was my strength. I was always a big kid, being about 5'3 in first grade.  High school? Closing in on 7'0" not too long after freshmen year. Now I'm 7'6" and still growing a tad bit. Just a tad bit left. 513 pounds. Plenty strong. Like any constrictor, really. But I never need it. My eyes tend to help me out enough. But yeah. I'm a snake of all sorts. Constrictor and viper. Poison and strength. That's me.
What such beauty hides such sweet sorrow, a black rose, dew-drops upon the leaves, yet with thorns like death's cold blade. The serpent of temptations, the raven of omens, and the spider of poison, all such beautiful creatures marked as Death. Alas, the pale horse comes. Come Samael, come! Come forth, Asmodeus, Astaroth, Beelzebub, Ba'alberith, Leviathan, Lucifer! We are Legion!

They call me the Boogeyman...

Offline NautilusWolf

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • Self proclaimed AK god for the next hour or so.
    • Awards
  • Species: SeaWolf
  • Coloring: Gray with white skull
  • Height: 5'11/180cm
  • Weight: Wouldn't you like to know?
  • Currently: Holy applesauce I still exist here.
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 06:28:49 PM »
I was awakened a long while ago, but it was more gradually. I have always had a connection with Canines, especially Domestic Dogs. My family got a dog, and she quickly attached to me. To me, she was family, and that's all I needed. Family is most important to me, and I will fight, even die for them. I usually "attract" dogs too. I'm not very good at describing things, but I feel a kinship with Canines. (Edit) as I searched further into myself, I knew I was Canine, but couldn't pin it down. I was looking at Dogs, and that's when I felt the full awakening, for a lack of better terms. I'm an Australian Shepherd. :3
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 12:05:05 AM by CoriShepherd »
  • Avatar by: Not me, that's for sure.
In the depths lies the thing that should not be.

Offline Anzia

• Avid Aardvark
  • Just be yourself, everyone else is taken :)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Wolf
  • Coloring: Silver, Blue, White and Black
  • Height: 5' 10"
  • Weight: 150 lbs
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Playful
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 06:15:08 PM »
For me, I woke up one day and just started crying, because i knew that i was supposed to have wings and scales and somehow something had gone terribly wrong and i was human. That was when i was about 10. I did a bunch of research (as much as a 10 year old can) but didnt find any mention of therians or otherkin. Tried to supress it for a few years, and when i realized that i couldn't, i also realized that i felt more like a wolf than a dragon.

Offline Moabird

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Roosting in your garden
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theroyalfowl/
    • Awards
  • Species: Plumebeast (Ptlosis Bestia Monstrumvogel .gigas)
  • Coloring: red, crimson, blue, ivory, burgandy, brown, yellow, orange, purple, green
  • Height: 6ft
  • Weight: 180
  • Build: muscular body, deep chest and huge forlimbs and feet. long bony tail and slightly huntched.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Honking mad
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2016, 09:21:11 PM »
i found mine or rather realized, when i looked back on my life and behavior.
I used to excavate large nests and place eggs in them and hunch down over them as if protecting a nest, i also ran and flapped my arms hoping to fly off or glide. and i had a range of bird calls. though i didn't know what to call myself until i found out what therianthropy was on accident.

• Signature art by: Me
Plucking out an indie melody