The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: So long?  (Read 259 times)

Offline lyzer

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
So long?
« on: December 10, 2013, 06:16:59 AM »
So My mate and I have been together for a very short amount of time,exactly five months now, and we knew from the beginning that we would be separated by my going to college... neither of us wants to be separated but she wants me to pursue my dreams even if it means leaving her, the fact that she told me that puts me at a very uneasy state of mind... I want to go, but I want to stay... We only have one summer left until I leave for college and she's really pushing me to go and I want to but she has a lot of issues in which I help her overcome and I'm worried something will go wrong down the line and that distance will render me obsolete so now what? I'm distraught and becoming paranoid.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Re: So long?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 02:23:08 PM »
You should go. As someone who has been there and done that, I can tell you it is not easy at all, but entirely possible to stay together through that kind of separation if that's what you both want to do. It's important to do what's best for your education.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 06:20:02 PM »
I agree with Zeph, don't let your worries about her hold you back. You guys won't be separated forever, but she knows what's best for you and wants you to do what's best. She understands that you have priorities but I'll tell you they'll be difficult to focus on when you're not together. My grades dropped as soon as I broke up with my gf in my final year (over some BS she pulled) and all I could think about was her.

I took my girlfriend to college with me. THAT was a mistake.

She'll be around when you get back dude. If you guys like each other that much, you can resume everything when you're graduated.

Offline lyzer

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 08:58:11 PM »
Thanks for the advice it's more than I could have hoped for