The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Horn, The Horn  (Read 954 times)

Offline deadlybacon7

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I am on a quest!
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Mostly Gray with some white scales.
  • Height: 5'5''
  • Weight: 126 lbs.
  • Build: Athletic
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Playing my French Horn
The Horn, The Horn
« on: December 09, 2013, 10:41:34 PM »
Any other french horn players on this forum? I always like to talk about common horn things such as

-It's not a snail
-It's technically called the Horn in F
-It sounds lower than it is written, so be careful when writing for it (I'M LOOKING AT YOU HECTOR BERLIOZ)
-Mouthpiece Types (Cup Size? Diameter? I prefer a wider cup diameter and depth. I use a gold plated Holton Farkas DC for most of my playing.)
-Horn Types (What horn do you use? Double? Single? Triple? Is it compensating or non-compensating? Do you have DESCANT!!??)
-Who makes the best horn? Most will say Engelbert Schmid or someone to that effect, but I do in fact like the Medlin Horns.
-WAGNER TUBA

Please please add more things to talk about, I love talking about the horn. You could call me a horn enthusiast but truly that's an understatement.
HAVE A PICTURE, YO!
~deadlybacon7

Spiral Out!

I'm going to use this avatar image reference until I can make a pretty good drawing. I'm not the best artist but maybe I'll strike a gem soon.