The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Abhorred Television  (Read 7251 times)

Offline Cyril

• Pompous Rogue
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Probably not Anubis
    • Awards
  • Species: Jackal
  • Coloring: Dark Gray
  • Height: 1.8m/6ft
  • Build: Beef cake or average.
  • Currently: Inventory and General Merchandising Manager; still not getting paid enough
Abhorred Television
« on: December 03, 2013, 03:34:26 AM »
(Debatably closed; although may open later. If interested, post in OOC:
http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=23711.msg1047640#msg1047640
Make sure to read the first posts/page[if it grows that large])

"The decisions have been made. The beginning contestants have been chosen! Be flattered, you shall bless the world with entertained with your various talents and abilities.... And let the best contestant win. Now, we will call your titles."

The charming voice of a over maintained female host sounds throughout a medium sized room, filled with roughly fifteen people of various species and faces. Each head filled with its own desires, its own thoughts. And all ready for the picking. The dark gray jackal's eyes shiftily, yet slowly move around the room, wryly examining the various sizes with his normal smirk. Tensions are already rising in the air; he can feel it. Perhaps he had made the right decision, after all. He then began to notice the camera men shuffling and laughing on their own, his long eyes glancing to them and to the speaker once more. He was in the back row of the room, wearing his normal attire.

"Destructive, Victorious, Gluttonous!"

The three corresponding persons to their titles approached the front of the room at their mention. Cyrille was rather relieved to note that others received less than pleasant titles; his was unfortunately a reminder of a few wrong decisions and excellent practice. However, the air around the set held onto a rather unpleasant feel. At first, it had seemed like simple paranoia. However, as he began to examine others; judging and listening the body language like he had done millions of times, he had noticed discomfort in many of the others as well, not to mention the feel of others doing the same as he. He always knew that he wasn't too unique.

Shrugging it off, he reached into his black pea coat's pocket to grasp onto his flask, about to take a swig. Unfortunately for his swig, the announcer almost immediately called his title among three others.

"Timid, Vagrant, Thief!"

Suspicion almost immediately arose within the crowd at mention of the last two; Cyrille sighed and placed his flask back. "Zut.... Perhaps another time." He murmured to himself, rising after the other two and approaching the front while listening to those speak badly of the last two titles; although only 9 were left, they still seemed to be enough to produce a light buzzing of unsteadiness, which was only aided by attempted swig. This only a brought a smirk to Cyrille's face as he approached the other two and the host, who was holding several papers. Wearing his white die may have brought a stroke of luck.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 05:38:58 AM by Cyrille »
Jesus didn't die for this.
~
Art by Horrorbuns. Character is mine.
Feel free to message me anytime, I'm not as much of a jerk as I seem.

Offline Magical Machine

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Received through special limited time events
  • Beep Boop.
    • Awards
  • Species: Physical A.I.
  • Coloring: Primarily gray.
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 200 Pounds
  • Build: Certainly out there.
  • Currently: Existing
Re: Abhorred Television
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 04:56:33 AM »
Sitting one of the many stands was a young, male raptor that seemed to be the most nervous compared to the rest of the audience around him. He was wearing a hoddie and a pair of jeans, but what he lacked was a pair of shoes, this was his normal outfitting, which seemed strange but most people did not judge. He watched the three openents come up as the first three titles where mentioned, they didn't seem to be all that much of a risk to him... well, not yet that is.

The raptor remained seated and waited for the next pair of names to be mentioned by the female announcer. He heard the titles being mention and nearly had a trembled enough to be noticed as he heard his own title mentioned by the announcer. Without a singal word or comment, the dinosaur stood up, slowly and quietly, before beginning to walk towards and then onto stage, being the first to join the first three competitors and the host in standing on the stage. However, unlike the others, he still felt quite wcared for some reason, he could place his claw on why he was so afraid, so he decided to do his best on ignoring it. He did this by continuously mentally saying to himself, "Pretend that you're alone..."

The raptor listened to the crowd and was actually pleased to hear that he hadn't caused a singal amount of chat in the crowd, this showed that he wasn't going to be given all that much attention compared to the others so far. If there was one thing he hated, it was too much attention, and that was mainly due to the chance too much attention can attract something unwanted. He then waited quietly for the other three titles to be announced.
Domo arigato...

Offline lyzer

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 05:16:35 AM »
"The stench in here is unbearable" Lyzer thought to himself sitting as quietly as possible in his obviously worn hoodie. As he sat there hunched over shrouding his face with his folded hands he quietly scanned the room and thought that it was moderately sized and appeared to be pleasant, but the odor he smelled seemed to seep from the people themselves. The culmination of each persons emotions originally started as slight aroma but quickly overwhelmed the wolf as their general thoughts came together. Lyzer didn't lift his head up to look directly at his fellow contestants.

Then the announcer woman called off the first three titles of contestants causing Lyzer's ears to perk up in interest causing him to lose his train of thought. He tried to get a vibe from them but found it too difficult in such a crowd. All of the first contestants titles seemed to be of more aggressive personalities. All of the other contestants seemed to all have been dissecting them as well.

Just as he started to attune himself to the one named Victorious three more titles were called, Vagrant being one of them. He was sure that his title would mean nothing to the other contestants until the overall vibe of the room turned even more foul as he was called, though his title wasn't the only to receive such emotion. He stood there amongst Timid and Thief and wondered "What exactly did I just get myself into?" He let his mind wander as he stood there with his emotionless face staring blankly into the cameras with his hands in his pockets.

Offline Cyril

• Pompous Rogue
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Probably not Anubis
    • Awards
  • Currently: Inventory and General Merchandising Manager; still not getting paid enough
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 12:50:38 PM »
"You guys are a team now, you'd better get used to yourselves. Or don't, it'd be good for ratings." The host chuckled, giving out papers and characteristically smiling afterwards. "There will be cameras in almost every room in your livings, of course.... And your team will be having another join after you reach your home."
Cyrille shot a look at the host, still bearing his smirk as he looked to his current two.... Teammates. Shyboy, and average.... Oh, his nose is cringing.... Interesting. He thought to himself, his hands in his pockets and playing with the flask. The concept of another teammate however, was rather daunting.

"....Your house title and rosters are on these papers. The rosters contain one person's rough biography, according to our knowledge, for your paper. You are permitted to share the information with others, but.... We don't recommend it. Anyway, first challenge is at ten am! Don't miss it!"

Cyrille grit his teeth knowing a "rough biography" was on somebody's paper. He sighed, knowing that the information was probably falsified, although he did have a questionable set of activities in his past. Whatever. His main focus was to remove himself from this room, he glanced at the paper, skipped through the descriptions of The Vagrant(the papers went in the order of Vagrant's paper to Thief, Thief to Timid, and Timid to Vagrant), and began to read at descriptions of how to get to his temporary home. He looked up at his team mates in his usual manner, almost pitying the one who had received his paper. A paper that probably described manipulative and unstable tendencies, only aided by his alcoholism and short patience; not to mention a few well played burglaries.

"Well it seems we're stuck together, now."
~

Offline Magical Machine

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Received through special limited time events
  • Beep Boop.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 10:06:44 PM »

Thamir seemed to grow slightly more nervous as he heard that. He wanted to be alone, not with a team. This was mainly because he didn't want to make a mistake that could cost his team's victory and their respect for him. He then looked over at his two new teammates curiously as he stood at their side. He then mumbled to himself, "Hopefully my little alliance with these guys doesn't turn rotten too soon..." He knew that would most likely end very badly in one way or another, but he couldn't see the future, so for now, he was going to have to wait and see what would happen.

A expression of worry then grew on the raptor's face as he heard the mention of rosters containing a biography of himself. He too had a few things that he did in his past that stood out immediately. Hopefully wouldn't mind that as he didn't want them questioning about it seeing how he wanted what he did in the past to remain in the past and not haunt him again. As Thamir received a paper, he read it slowly, choosing to read everything on it as he did not want to possibly miss something that was important to him.

Domo arigato...

Offline lyzer

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 11:08:56 PM »
Lyzer lifted his hood from his head and examined his new comrades"So then it seems that I actually do have to partner up with others." Lyzer said to himself. I figured as much with titles being called in groups and all... "So... The Thief and Timid huh? I wonder why we were paired together. I guess I can see why I was paired with one called Thief but why Timid?"

He continued in thought until a paper was handed too him again halting his thoughts. The paper was apparently a short anecdotal reference guide on the raptor. He skimmed through it quickly not really studying the words there, but merely glancing upon them. "If I have a report that's this in depth about Timid I wonder how much they really know about me?" He mumbled silently knowing there were times in his life that he often made wrong decisions which led him to either run away or be exiled from place to place.

The turning his head toward Thief he saw quite the sly smile... One that he thought was sly and confident. The toward Timid only to see him buried deep within the paper handed to him. He sighed heavily and said near silently."Well then team... It seems like our fates are now intertwined." And with that statement he returned back into his hood.

Offline Cyril

• Pompous Rogue
  • Boisterous Bear
  • Probably not Anubis
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 02:25:47 AM »
Cyrille looked to the two, "Tch, thief.... It seems that shall be following me for a time, now. I wouldn't hope the titles mean too much." The line was mostly directed at Lyzer; his hands folding the paper in half and placing it within an internal coat pocket. "And I don't personally care of you forgetting to returned a loaned pen in the 5th grade...." A smirk grew kept upon his face, watching the rest of the trio either skim or read the paper. He crossed his arms, his gaze falling upon the next groups as they were called; repeating the process several times and glancing at the cameras only occasionally. After watching a few groups exit the room and follow listed instructions, hearing almost silent comments from the Vagrant commonly, he turned over.
"For this moment." The words slid off his tongue, carried by an unfortunately floral and slightly nasal French accent. "We shall be on our way, now. It would seem we have an addition in the future, and I don't enjoy waiting." As he spoke more, Cyrille began to care noticeably less, beginning the march toward the exit, hoping with the two behind him.
~

Offline Magical Machine

• Avid Aardvark
  • Beep Boop.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 03:11:42 AM »
Thamir seemed to notice that Cyrillie began to act with a little bit less care for the situation that the three of them where currently in. He followed him, instantly agreeing that he should be the leader of this three man team as he seemed to trustworthy to the raptor, for now as he ignored the title that he had been placed with in this little game. Thamir then decided to ask Cyrillie after tapping him on the shoulder softly, "Excuse me... but seeing how you seemed to be the leader right now, do you have a plan on how we will win the following challenges?" in a curious and slightly hopeful tone.
Domo arigato...

Offline lyzer

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 03:28:12 AM »
Lyzer realizing that his team had begun to walk away turned toward them and followed them at a decent distance. Having felt that he may have offended the one titled Thief in a hope to try and somewhat link with him he decided to speak up.

"Seeing how you've just been declared head I shall follow your lead for now... though I pose the same question as our raptor friend, do you have any strategies for the challenges ahead." He said in a moderately low tone searching for a significant change in the vibe as he spoke.

Offline Cyril

• Pompous Rogue
  • Boisterous Bear
  • Probably not Anubis
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 07:28:42 AM »
(Thamir check the OOC thread please :3 Also there isn't a second i in Cyrille ^^;; )

A chuckle came from the jackal as he found the same question posed twice; he looked back to them. Perhaps he did have a tendency to place himself in a leadership position, direct action often does that to people. "For now, ah? Then it's not my problem; what happens later." He kept his crooked smirk while glancing back at the two, still walking quickly based upon directions he read(which he continued to double check occasionally) and speaking with most of his vowels connected. "Win. That's the strategy." He continued to walk for a minute, although he did continue speaking, although he attempted to separate his words more efficiently this time, only stopping for a second without looking back. Eye contact is something he avoided, eyes like his own only invoke negative feelings within others.
"Obviously if we're talking about this.... Game, strategy will be changing from challenge to challenge. Theoretically somebody on this team should be able to view most of us, and allow for their potential to be utilized; by placing one where they are most skilled or near skilled." He began walking again, still talking at his usual rate with a few soft Vs placed in places they don't belong. "I don't know who that is, yet. It could be me, it could be one of you, or it could be the other one awaiting us; either way talents must be utilized to win. Pardon my long speech, however I'll assume quiet boy back there has my letter, as I have yours; Vagrant. Unless Timid has the strangers', which is always a possibility. I'm going to assume my title was designated by my past of talking around and the biased truth of previous situations. That, combined with two who can look at what others feel can mean a deadly combination in the area of mental manipulation. However, combat will obviously prove to be difficult. I hope one of you likes chess; I sure as hell don't, and we're going to need that."
The path progressively turned into a rather stable dock, alongside what appeared to be on a lakeside. Given the lighting and a few people having casual conversations on the prestine porches of recently built homes; large living rooms with large windows outlooking the docks; the houses built on a concrete area where a lake shore would be if it wasn't fully artificial. He stopped in front of a house, looking up at its stairs.
~

Offline Magical Machine

• Avid Aardvark
  • Beep Boop.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 05:22:37 AM »
 Thamir looked around himself curiously as he walked and listened to Cyrille speak about how they where going to be able to win each challenge. He listened closely, and rolled his eyes as he heard their strategy was to just win at first. After Cyrille had concluded, the raptor nodded and said, "Alright, that sounds good..." He didn't want to state his opinion as he did not wish to start an arguement with their new leader. However, he was thinking to himself about a few  things, "What about the challenges none of us have skill? I mean, it isn't like trying your best is always going enough. And one of our teammates being nearly skilled in a certain challenge wouldn't exactly be good enough seeing how the other teams could have a heavy advantage against us if they have their whole team that is skilled in that certain challenge..." Thamir continued to think to himself about, slowly dozing off into his own train of though.
Domo arigato...

Offline lyzer

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 09:12:37 PM »
"That was quite the speech o' captain" Lyzer proclaimed in a sarcastic manner. He didn't really expect much of plan to begin with but he was curious all the same. The plan was to win and that was all he needed because improv was one of his specialties.

As the path changed into the dock it felt as if the entire feel had changed. Open spaces always had a more hospitable vibe. The lakeside view was nice enough as well. The trio walked toward their new living accommodations and when the one leading the group stopped at the stairs Lyzer took it upon himself to be the one to open the door and walk in.  "So this is where we'll be staying for a while?"

Offline Tim Siguire

• The Undecided
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Top 50 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Hmmmmm, personal you say?
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lange'tu ; Alienoid Jackal + Long-Tailed Weasel
  • Coloring: Golden Brown Body, White Chest to Inner Waist
  • Height: 6' 3"
  • Weight: 182 Lbs
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 09:56:58 PM »
It was silent and slow, at least that's how Kyubi felt.
''Oh, so that's it? the master plan? wonderful...''
Kyubi muttered to himself wondering if the Cap really knew how things would happen.
Following his team, he stays close not saying too much as the current feel was stale and quiet.

The path they were taking led to a building suited for more than one person.
''Oh, yes. Finally our living quarters!'' Kyubi exclaimed waiting to get to his room.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 08:50:11 PM by Tim R. Siguire »
  • Avatar by: Random Selection, Random People
F D F   A n t h r o p o m o r p h i c   A r m y   F o r e v e r !

All about StarFox, Metroid, and Turok!
Starfox: Lylatian Aparoid Specialist!

''When millionaires get bored, they save the world.''

Spoiler for Hidden:
Sytex
Even if it may feel like I'm all alone sometimes, I have to remember I still have one person around who cares: myself.
I'm not about to give up on myself, as I have never lost hope for anyone, so why give up on the person who never has?

I write stuff! >>> https://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=25424.msg1975197#msg1975197

KiK: Tim_Siguire

Feel free to add or send a message.

Offline Cyril

• Pompous Rogue
  • Boisterous Bear
  • Probably not Anubis
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2013, 04:15:52 AM »
"Captain? Heh.... Who has the need to be a thief when I can be a pirate?" He laughed before he heard a new voice, turning around as the others entered the house and then looking in.
"So, a new companion, hmmmm?" He narrowed his eyes at the other jackal, his smirk turning into a normal face. "Coming into a house, and not even introducing yourself, of course.... Such a horrid way to condone yourself. Regardless of what you think of my over simplified plan, who are you? I don't recall you coming with a title?" Then, he turned a bit away; lessening his hostility towards the new person, yet keeping his eyes on him.
"I honestly don't know what all of you expect; it's not like I was instructed on the next challenge, or anything. I'm not even a team player."

He laughed it off, hopping upon a dark brown couch after shutting the door with his foot, sitting in a relaxed manner and bringing his flask from his pocket once more, taking a rather long swig this time. "Whoever finds the dark room filled with booze, it's probably mine. Unless one of you has similar interest, or if they didn't meet the request.... But then again, it's a reality television show. Alcohol is on rating's side."
~

Offline Magical Machine

• Avid Aardvark
  • Beep Boop.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2013, 05:51:24 AM »
As Thamir walked inside, he managed to hear their conversation from behind him. He decided to stick around and listen while looking back slightly to see who Cyrille was speaking to. "Wonder who that is..." He thought to himself curiously about his own question about the stranger for some time as he listened. After a few more seconds of listening, Thamir eventually decided the rest of the conversation they where having wasn't all that important or interesting, so he ignored it and walked around the living quarters a little more. He then heard the door shut behind him and heard Cyrille's voice once more, making him stop and listen again. The raptor then rolled his eyes as he heard Cyrille's statement. He then mumbled to himself, "I doubt I'll find any in my room seeing how I'm not addicted to drinking like some people..." He then resumed wandering around the living quarters, curiously looking at his surroundings as he wandered.
Domo arigato...