The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Dark Skinned Characters (Critisism Wanted)  (Read 1388 times)

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
Dark Skinned Characters (Critisism Wanted)
« on: November 12, 2013, 10:33:32 PM »
I've been drawing a lot of characters for my Elemental Force project, a series of drawings depicting super-heroic animals, each having amazing abilities and strengths like magic powers, skilled fighting, and a great mind. One of these particular characters is a Malayan Tapir named Thumper, a big fat beast who's an incredibly formidable wrestler, (#1 Contender in her league, too) who also has the ability to increase her size. She is not allowed to use these powers in the ring.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/12053437/

However, I am a bit worried about her skin color, which is a dark grey. Dark skinned characters like this are often considered racist. Not only is she fat, but she's also a tapir. Now a "pretty" animal like a wolf or a horse, a fat, ugly lipped tapir. Now, I personally adore tapirs, but likely not everyone knows what they are, or will think they are very cool. I wanted opinions on the character on whether I should change her skin color and if it might come off as racist.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!