The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Looking for an Artist for Paid Commission!  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Grisli

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Grizzly Bear
  • Height: 6'6"
Looking for an Artist for Paid Commission!
« on: November 05, 2013, 04:33:32 PM »
Back when I was active a couple of years ago, I made a commission/request that I never ended up following through with. Weeellll, since I'm back, and I still need a corporeal representation of my fursona, I'd like to put this up again!

My fursona is a grizzly bear named Grisli Aklark, and I'd like to have a full body portrait done of him.

Following my description of what I think I would look like and stuff, I'm going to link to a few pictures which I like a lot for style and substance. So let me tell you a bit about me:

Species: Grizzly Bear
Anthro or Feral (quadruped): Anthro
Body Type/Build: Large in size, muscular upper body, but not totally ripped. Strong-looking.
Fur/scales/body Color: Brown fur all over body, perhaps a lighter color belly area.
Any Markings: None.
Hair Style & Color: Hair on top of head should not change from his body fur
Eye Color: Light blue, close to gray
Clothing: Lederhosen, black with green accents (see pics), shirtless under suspenders. No shoes
Accessories: None
Personality: Happy, confident, relaxed. His posture and face should eminate confidence, but not anger or egocentrism
Anything else you think I should know: Please refer to the pictures below for more clarification

http://bit.ly/xsHANy -- I like this particular illustration a lot. That's pretty much the exact style I'm looking for(of course your personal style may well differ, no problem there). The paws are especially similar to how I'd imagined them. The upper body is great, muscular but not ripped. He looks too mean in the face for what I'd imagined.

http://bit.ly/x7iJny -- I like the look of the face on this one. If anything, he's still a bit too intimidating. I'm sure you guys understand the confidence thing I'm going for. Even a confident smile/smirk/grin would be good. Notice how the fur on top of his head isn't changed for his anthro form, that's what I'm going for.

http://www.steirische-spezialitaeten.at/images/com_sobi2/gallery/55/55_image_5_pgb.jpg -- The middle set of lederhosen (the black ones) are the ones I like. Some lederhosen come just past the knees, others just before. I'll let you decide what works best for the image. Green accents on Lederhosen are the mark of the "Steiermark" (Styrian province) so that'd be really cool if you could incorporate those.

If you're interested, please send a PM with a bid for the project, or post here. Or, if you need anything done that involves a creative/journalistic professional freelance writer, please let me know. I'll write you the best character-centered short story you've ever read if you like. I'm capping the amount I'm willing to spend at $50 USD, but I'm hoping it's not going to go that high. If this works out well, I'm going to be publishing a book within the year, one with a fantasy theme involving anthropomorphic characters that are inspired by some fursonas I've seen on this site and others and I'd love to have an illustrator work with me on a companion guide to the different "genera" (races/species).
Paying for an Artist Commission!

Short Story -- Alone

My Art   /   My DeviantArt

"Those who have packed far up into grizzly country know that the presence of even one grizzly on the land elevates the mountains, deepens the canyons, chills the winds, brightens the stars, darkens the forest, and quickens the pulse of all who enter it. They know that when a bear dies, something sacred in every living thing interconnected with that realm... also dies."
- John Murray