The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Boondock Saints.  (Read 1146 times)

Offline Oedipus Rex

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Here we go again.
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Mantis
  • Coloring: 50 shades of Light Green.
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 250lbs
  • Build: Solid.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Fixed my steam profile link after 3 years, lel.
The Boondock Saints.
« on: September 26, 2013, 02:29:00 AM »
Yes, yes, I realize this movie was released in 1999, however I just watched it for the first time. As it stands it's plot was, well, recyclable. Two brothers get a sign from god to clean the streets of crime, there is nothing really unique or anything that is unusual about it. How they carried out this plot, is a completely different matter. The characters were sharpened to a point. Their personalities flowed with each word they said and I grew attached to them not as characters, but as people, ignoring the fact I kept thinking of the FBI agent as Norman Osborn.
Now, on to the real reason I believe this movie gained so much hype, the action scenes. Good god, half of the film's budget must have been spent on fake blood, for it seemed that almost each scene was dripping with it. The guns sounded and looked real, and the stunts were massively awesome.

In summary, Dull plot, good characters, and great action. All in all a great movie.
4.5/5 stars.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 11:14:33 PM by Cho'Gath »
  • Avatar by: FrankLemonHeart (Thanks)
  • Signature art by: Some forum quiz thing and some individual.

Offline ParadoxMan

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
Re: The Boondock Saints.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 04:34:43 PM »
THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT
Temporary avatar.

Offline Rocoro T. Pup

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
Re: The Boondock Saints.
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 09:42:51 PM »
And remember, it was written and directed by a guy with absolutely no film experience who was approached by a producer and got scolded and screwed over by the studio