The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Why is animal cruelty treated so non-chalantly?  (Read 699 times)

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
Re: Why is animal cruelty treated so non-chalantly?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 06:30:14 AM »
But Drake, it's the internet, why wouldn't any jokes be serious D:

Really, if you let everything everyone says about something you believe strongly about get to you and make you pissed off with the world, you need to disconnect from the internet, get rid of TV, etc etc. It's a cruel, tough world filled with plenty of people who say things bad like that. If you can't learn to live with it, or understand you won't be able to live without it, then, well, you're gonna do a lot of complaining in life :I

Offline ST-84 Sahelanthropus

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Nanotech Robot
  • Height: Usually 7ft, up to 50ft
  • Currently: A weapon to surpass... well, everything.
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 08:41:12 AM »
Just for the record, (I am NOT an advocate of Eugenics) Internet trolls should be made sterile, in addition to being barred from accessing electronic communications including the Internet. You can argue against that 'Draconian' level of punishment, but don't deny that they, like any man who just wants to watch the world burn, are worthless degenerates who have no place in society. I don't see much good in a person who has nothing better to do with their time than starting flame wars for the fun of watching people fight each other.

Yeah, well, I'm actually kind of ashamed to be omnivore, that I'm considering going vegetarian again, regardless of what my parents say.

Also, I hate how those people make dead animal jokes, but get so offended when misanthropes say they want to kill people. The difference is that the guys who say they want to kill humans are almost always bluffing, but the people who make dead animal jokes often aren't since what THEY say they will do is actually legal.
oh I don't know, because the people who make dead animal jokes usually DON'T follow through on what they're going to say? and when misanthropes make those sorts of jokes it is considered a threat, you know.

I agree. I know I used to (and sometimes still kinda do) say a lot of rather questionable things about animals and their rights, but I never killed anything much bigger than a Crane Fly. Not because I don't have the guts to kill things, but because of the repercussions of killing things that the general public holds dear. Just look at the Hawthorne, California incident with the Rottweiler that got shot by Police officers. Bastards are sending death threats to members of the Police Department, and their website has been denial-of-service attacked for more than a week. I'd probably have a mob outside my house if I killed a Dog, even if it were attacking me.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 06:36:45 PM »
But Drake, it's the internet, why wouldn't any jokes be serious D:
I always thought that everyone was completely serious on the internet  :'(
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2013, 12:24:15 AM »
I think this thread has run its course and is on the verge of becoming offensive, so I'm just going to stop it here.

Locked.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.