The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A walk in the Woods.  (Read 2248 times)

Offline North Drox

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Species: Drox (Fox/Dragon)
  • Coloring: Purple to Blue Scales (Forehead,Nose,Back and Tail) Amber Fur (Lower body,Outer Ear,Paws) White Fur (Neck,Legs,Inner Ear)
  • Height: 2'11 (Feral)
  • Weight: 130 Pounds
  • Build: Thin and Sleak
  • Currently: Playing Realm of the Mad God
Re: A walk in the Woods.
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2013, 12:12:45 AM »
North sees the wolf is not trying to harm him and gets out of his defensive stance. He walks slowly towards the wolf, stopping a few feet from him. "I haven't seen anything unusual lately but have been hearing of a loud roar, nothing this forest has ever heard". North slightly tilts his head and takes a glance at the fox "Um, who is she? Your..." he looks at him confused. His ears perk up as he hears a distant roar "That's the roar I keep hearing, have any idea what it is?" He looks around incase of anything as he waits for a response.

Offline Thalin Vien

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Gryphon
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: 150
  • Build: Muscular, not anything outlandish, just enough he can keep up with and take down a criminal
  • Currently: Exploring
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2013, 01:26:16 AM »
OOC: Noob here, so if i'm missing something, let me know :).... I am having a hard time telling, from the first post it looks like its dark?

---------------

Thalin keyed the radio in his car, and waited for the trill from the radio to let him know the repeater was ready for him to begin talking. "509" He waited for a response from dispatch "509 go ahead" the reply came later then he would have expected with this dispatcher on duty. Being new to the area he decided to take to the sky and explore the remote areas. "My vehicle is secured in the parking lot of... "uptown variety", I don't have an address for you.... the business is closed, I'll be taking to the sky....... the repeater is active, i'm out of the car, in the air" "10-4 509". Thalin exited his vehicle but not before turning the headlights off, the engine was left idling to keep the A/C running and the mobile repeater powered, he shut the door and used another set of keys and remote lock on his duty belt to lock the doors. He reached down to his portable radio, and turned the channel selector knob until the computer voice telling him what channel was on said "General Avain announce" Hey keyed up and broadcast to anyone listening on this channel "Avain 24665, State police 509, 'll be in the air, area of Upland Variety, standing by all concerned traffic." Hearing nothing, he pressed a button on the radio the computer voice barked "Dual watch, State Police Prime set for keyup" He ran along the ground and fanned out his wings and pushed the air downward, and in the sky he went, he gained enough altitude so he was above the treeline comfortably, but could still see the features of the earth below him. Hey keyed his speakermic,  "509, i'm up" "10-4 509" came the near instant reply. He looked around at the area, the moon full, illuminating the ground surisingly well

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline xXTheShadowXx

• Avid Aardvark
  • Bi and proud of it
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: Grey-Summer White-Winter
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 137 lbs
  • Build: Medium size, Heavy Medium build
  • Currently: im bored
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2013, 02:52:53 AM »
Sitting up on a branch above a clearing while napping Shadow is interrupted by the sound of voices he wakes up just in time to hear the word Minotaur. His ears perk up and he listens to the rest of the conversation, Shadow is intrigued by the series of events that these furs keep talking about. He decides its a little late to drop down as it might be dangerous to startle the wolf merc(what she looks like to him) , so he sits, hoping they cant see his iridescent markings, and listens to the rest of the conversation.
--Shadow

Offline Thalin Vien

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Build: Muscular, not anything outlandish, just enough he can keep up with and take down a criminal
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2013, 03:03:53 AM »
Thalin thought he saw motion in the clearing below him, he decided to lower his altitude to investigate. As he made circles around the clearing has he descended, he thought he saw something shimmer in a tree and decided to air on the side of caution, he keyed his speakermic "509" "509 Go 'ad" came the reply from the chipper female dispatcher "I'm going to be on the ground in the area off..... well i don't know where I am, I'll transmit a GPS packet when you're ready.... I'm investigating some suspected activity down below me" "10-4......... go ahead with the GPS" He reached for the portable, and held a button on it, he kept holding it until the radio beeped indicating it had successfully transmitted the data. The dispatcher quickly replied "I copy your location, it looks like where your vehicle is, is the closest ground access point, looks like there are some trails in the area... would you like me to start another unit? Be advised your the only Avian on tonight sir." Thalin pondered the risks as he continued to look around, searching the ground for individuals, his altitude slowly decreasing. He finally replied "10-4, I should be fine on another unit responding, but if you could get another in the area, code 1 please." The dispatcher quickly replied "104, 308 copy?" "308s got it, enroute code 1" Came a deep voiced reply.

Offline xXTheShadowXx

• Avid Aardvark
  • Bi and proud of it
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 02:06:04 PM »
*Shadows ears twitch as he hears a steady beat of wings above him*  *whispering*hmm ive got more company than i thought.
--Shadow

Offline Thalin Vien

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2013, 05:24:10 PM »
"Okay......" Thalin said to himself as he landed with a few final beats of his wings. He keyed his speaker mic "509, I'm down, investigating" "10-4, 308 Copy?" The dispatchers voice immediately replied "I copy... i'm in the area". Thalin pulled the almost 20 inch MagLite from his duty belt and turned it on, holding it by the head so he would be able to use it as an emergency baton, he twisted the head from flood to spot, beaming around the area and up some trees for the motion he thought he saw, he switched the flashlight to his left hand so he could more easily draw his weapon, unsure what he would encounter out here, if anything.

Offline xXTheShadowXx

• Avid Aardvark
  • Bi and proud of it
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2013, 11:34:08 PM »

*goes back to the original convorsation but keeps an eye out for the gryphon he saw glideing down earlier*
--Shadow

Offline katt the wolf

• Avid Aardvark
  • hugs and cuddles? if not.. well... too bad.
    • Awards
  • Species: timber wolf/ cat hybrid
  • Coloring: light blue, and silver
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 95 lbs
  • Build: slim, small, frail
  • Currently: tired of it all
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2013, 02:17:41 AM »
serras looks over to the drox, shaking his head rapidly and blushing slightly. "noo no no. we aren't together.. my fioncé.. i think she was killed.. or taken by the minotaur.." his ears perk up as he hears the roar, though with all his running, he didnt paymuch attention to the sounds the beast made. "im not sure.. i dont remember the sound it made."
you know where i wanna be? in an octopuses garden. with you. no not you. yeahh. YOU.

Offline Thalin Vien

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2013, 02:53:49 AM »
He turned in the direction of the voices, and went in the direction of the sound, beaming his MagLite around looking for those making noises. He waited on verbally identifying himself, not knowing what, if any weapons they had. He suddenly was right on top of all 3 furs. "Hey, State Police, what are you guys doing out here?" He asked them, somewhat startled by finding anyone out in this area late at night, his mind jumping to the worst, being 2 males and only 1 female. He keyed his speakermic, talking with the dispatcher "509, I have 3 furs out here, 2 males and a female, all set for now" "10-4 509, you want a signal?" "Negative"

Offline xXTheShadowXx

• Avid Aardvark
  • Bi and proud of it
    • Awards