The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rant: people who talk over you  (Read 359 times)

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
Rant: people who talk over you
« on: June 23, 2013, 11:23:48 PM »
God I hate this so much. Every time I'm with a group of friends or even just in a one on one conversation people ALWAYS feel like what they have to say is infinitely more important than listening to anything I have to say. I used to have a problem with interrupting people, so I worked on it, and now I try to give everyone time to talk while I listen to them. But whenever I have something to say people just talk over me while I'm talking and talk much louder so that everyone is listening to them. Literally I'll be saying something and someone will shout something so that nobody can hear what I'm saying >.< I mean seriously, didn't anybody teach you not to interrupt??
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
Re: Rant: people who talk over you
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 11:54:42 PM »
I have this issue a lot, especially with one of my room mates right now. She very much likes to be the first person to talk, the second person to talk, the person who gets the opinion out first, etc.

And does it buy starting with "Well, thing is." "Well you see" and "Well, I hate to say this but." Everytime you're in the middle of a conversation.

I've come to hate the phrase "I hate to say this" >.>

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 03:56:08 AM »
If someone says "I hate to say this" you should just interrupt them again and say "Don't say it then" XD
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 04:03:05 AM »
Nowadays I say "You must not hate it so much if you're gonna say it all the time"

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 06:06:50 PM »
my roommates have a tendency to talk really loudly over me, and one of them is usually only interested in talking if the subject is himself :/
ohhhhh well, you'd be hard pressed to find somebody who doesn't love to talk about themselves.
If you want beef then bring the ruckus