The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: (Latest Entry) Laphin Singing - "Be Prepared" from Disney's LION KING  (Read 1973 times)

Offline Laphin

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Acting is Believing
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Height: 5'10"
  • Weight: 160
  • Build: Slender but fit
  • Currently: Optimistic
As some of you may know I am a voice over artist for what started out as a hobby, and I pushed it into career land.  Now I've come to learn that a lot of voice over artists started by singing first before they got into voices... so that got me wondering.. maybe I can sing???  I know it's backwards thinking, but that the hell, I'll give it a shot.

I hope you guys like this, this is my first real sit down, and using my head voice.  You'll hear about 2 or 3 different mes in here as I sing with myself in harmony.  So it's not more than one person, it's all me. I turned down the original singer, so it's not him masking my voice to make me sound better, and if you wait till the secons part when Kiara sings, that becomes pretty evident that it's actually me singing. 

Here you go.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/10784559/
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 01:45:16 AM by Laphin »

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Laphin Singing "We Are One" from Simba's Pride
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 08:27:53 PM »
Congrats on being able to do voice acting; that's always seemed like a fun career to me. Not something I could ever do though. XD

Your singing is pretty good, I think you definitely have potential to do that along with voices someday, if that's something you want to do. If you're interested in honest critique though, you could probably use some work on it before singing professionally. I'm afraid I don't know enough about music to be overly helpful about how it could be better, but there are places where it sounds just a little "off" to me. That aside, it's still very good, pleasant to listen to, easily recognizable, and you really should keep at it.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Laphin

• Vibrating Furby
  • Acting is Believing
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
Re: Laphin Singing "We Are One" from Simba's Pride
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 09:27:15 PM »
Congrats on being able to do voice acting; that's always seemed like a fun career to me. Not something I could ever do though. XD

Your singing is pretty good, I think you definitely have potential to do that along with voices someday, if that's something you want to do. If you're interested in honest critique though, you could probably use some work on it before singing professionally. I'm afraid I don't know enough about music to be overly helpful about how it could be better, but there are places where it sounds just a little "off" to me. That aside, it's still very good, pleasant to listen to, easily recognizable, and you really should keep at it.

Well I DO perform voice overs now for money, not for singing though.  Singing is just for fun... I put that together last night in about 1 hour.. so I wasn't trying to be professional about it.  I just did it for fun.  It was just something I wanted to share, because.. I honestly surprised myself.. I didn't know I could do that.. so I was like.. "Wow.. hey, I'll share this.. what the hell."

But yeah, I know the spots where it needs work, it's mostly where the original singer overlaps my singing in points, which I couldn't really eliminate that, but it's cool..  The HARMONY could have been redone in several spots and cleaned up, but I was done late last night, I was just like.. "Ahh it's good enough to post" 

So yeah, it's something I definately want to try and practice on and MAYBE possibly implement into my voice overs... I dunno.  Singing may just be a hobby for me.  But we'll see :)

Offline Laphin

• Vibrating Furby
  • Acting is Believing
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
Laphin Singing - Oliver & Company - "Why Should I Worry!"
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 05:03:58 PM »
Hey guys!!  I got another song up, this time I'm singing "Why Should I Worry"

THIS time I included a lot of various voices in with the song, so it'll sound pretty different from the original in certain places.
Again I chorus/harmonize with myself so you'll hear 2 or 3 different mes singing together at one time.

Fantastic song, I had fun with this... AGAIN, these are just for fun so they aren't professionally done or anything, I'm only a singer by hobby here in my room or in the shower, haha.
But I hope you enjoy it none the less!

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/10817284/

Offline Laphin

• Vibrating Furby
  • Acting is Believing
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
Laphin Singing - Beauty and The Beast - "Tale as Old As Time"
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 08:09:08 AM »
And again, you will here sometimes 2 or 3 different mes in chorus/harmonizing with myself.  Enjoy!
 OH!!  And I promise I didn't ruin this song... I know a lot of you love it, so I promise I didn't destroy it.

https://www.furaffinity.net/view/10824777/

Offline Laphin

• Vibrating Furby
  • Acting is Believing
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
Duet Singing - Lion King OST - "Can You Feel The Love Tonight"
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 09:52:52 PM »
HEAR US SING!! 

This is a collaborative effort between FA Artist "ShapeShifterPrincess" and myself as we sing one of Lion King's most well known songs.
One thing I like to do when I put songs together is to not have it sound too close to the original, so when I voiced Timon/Pumba's sections, they sound like different characters. 

Parts I am really proud of here is the baritone I added in the 2nd chorus that gives the song a little more bass in that area.
Also a bit after the 2 minute mark, I added my own background tribal vocal that fits RIGHT in with the music and finishes it off quite nicely.

I really like how this came out.  I hope you like it as well.    (- VISIT SHAPEYSHAPE -shapeshifterprincess- HERE:  http://www.furaffinity.net/user/shapeshifterprincess -)

Listen  to the song here:  http://www.furaffinity.net/view/10863070/
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 09:55:21 PM by Laphin »

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Laphin's Singing
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 07:45:20 PM »
Since you seem to have a lot of these songs to post, your threads have been merged together in order to cut down on thread spam and to keep things organized. If you want to post more songs in the future, please post them here as well.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Laphin

• Vibrating Furby
  • Acting is Believing
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
Laphin Hyena Singing - "This Is Halloween" (Cover)
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 04:22:59 PM »
I hope you guys really like this!  Please share it if you do, it took a lot of work to get this together!!

This song is from "The Nightmare Before Christmas" titled, "This Is Halloween!" (c) Disney
The entire song was covered by one person, one voice.  I performed about 10 different voices here I think.

Challenging, but VERY FUN to do!!  I hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed making it.  SHARE IT!! SHARE IT!! SHARE IT!!

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/11887590/

Offline Laphin

• Vibrating Furby
  • Acting is Believing
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
Re: Laphin's Singing
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 01:44:19 AM »
Laphin Singing - "Be Prepared" from Disney's The Lion King.

I hope you guys enjoy this...  There's also a video to go with it within the link!  -  http://www.furaffinity.net/view/12147879/