The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The best movie OST's  (Read 6417 times)

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
The best movie OST's
« on: June 05, 2013, 02:33:30 PM »
So we all know that a movie can be almost defined by it's soundtrack (I mean look at requiem for a dream, I'm sure more people know it's soundtrack than the movie itself!). We know that there are some epic music creators like Clint Mansells (my favourite) and Hans Zimmer, we know the catchy soundtracks like star wars, game of thrones and so forth!

So I ask you TFF, what are your favourite movie soundtrack and why are they your favourite? How did it enhance the movie experience for you?

Here's a few of mine:

Starship trooper OST:
Klendathu Drop - Starship Troopers Soundtrack
The movies soundtrack help really catch the mood of the movie, the scary parts were scary and the OOH-RAH parts were very OOH-RAH, but what catches and defines the movie soundtrack is the Klendathu Drop song, it is without a doubt the most catchy and famous tune from this movie and carries a heavy last stand against overwhelming odds thoughts. This song is the BEST to play when playing a zombie game with friends or an online game where you are outnumbered. COME ON YOU APES, DO YOU WANT TO LIVE FOREVER!?

Clint Mansell - Moon OST #1 - Welcome to Lunar Industries
I did say Clint Mansells was my favourite right? This sci-fi film has an amazing atmosphere of isolation, wonder and sheer amazement, the soundtrack truly captures the empty void of space, juxtaposed with the spick and span, delicate creations of man that litter it. The entire soundtrack is a masterpiece, but the first song is my personal favourite and if you listen to it you might be able to find out why.

Summer Overture-Requiem for a Dream(Soundtrack)
Because how could someone make a list of the best OST's without mentioning a movie that is essentially entirely defined by it's OST's? The movie itself is shocking and extremely powerful, this I believe is a lot to Clint Mansells genius work that gave him his name in the business. Of course the summer overture or the more popular Lux aeterna are most definitely his most popular works, there were a few surprises in there too. Who knew that the creator of these really emotional and captivating songs could also make a truly kick ass house party tune?
Clint Mansell - Party (Extended Version)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 02:35:52 PM by anoni »
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
Re: The best movie OST's
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 08:28:39 PM »
This is Berk from How To Train Your Dragon: I learned to play this on the trumpet with my high school band and boy is this song HARD. It requires going from really low to high notes XD That aside, this song is pretty excellent.
01. This Is Berk (score) - How To Train Your Dragon OST
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 08:31:07 PM »
I think the "Requiem for a Dream" theme is arguably the most effective and successful soundtrack piece ever, considering how much use it gets in movie trailers - and for good reason. I love the song too.

I also really love just about anything by Hans Zimmer.

I think I especially need to name the Lord of the Rings soundtrack(s) as some of my favorite though. They are just so absolutely recognizable and perfect for the films. Just five seconds into the Shire theme, I immediately feel like being swept away on a happy adventure.

The Shire theme(from the extended edition)

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 08:32:00 PM »
I think the "Requiem for a Dream" theme is arguably the most effective and successful soundtrack piece ever, considering how much use it gets in movie trailers - and for good reason. I love the song too.

I also really love just about anything by Hans Zimmer.

I think I especially need to name the Lord of the Rings soundtrack(s) as some of my favorite though. They are just so absolutely recognizable and perfect for the films. Just five seconds into the Shire theme, I immediately feel like being swept away on a happy adventure.

The Shire theme(from the extended edition)
I actually also learned how to play the Shire theme. It's got a great flute section.
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 09:09:42 PM »
The How to Train Your Dragon OST is a great choice for an awesome soundtrack too.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Starfighter Suicune

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Rawr!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Random Photo Page
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black&White
  • Height: Antroh: 1,56m - Feral: ~1,90m
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 09:23:36 PM »
I love the soundtracks of Spirit - Stallion of the Cirmarron, The last Unicorn, The Land Before Time, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Lion king, .hack//GU and espeially Pokémon Movie 1+2 and HTTYD
The soundtracks just stayed in my head right after watching the movies for the first time
The Pokémon soundtracks give me that feeling that I had in the first 2-3 years of beeing a Pokémon fan, when everything was just fascinating :3
And HTTYD ist just an awesome movie with an awesome soundtrack <3

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 10:06:59 AM »
In terms of ones that stand out on their own as actual music, Sucker Punch will have to get my vote.
I absolutely love this soundtrack! (posted as a playlist

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFFE1B4334D222920 (Playlist)
Sucker Punch (OST) - 01 - Sweet Dreams - Emily Browning
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 10:09:03 AM by Timmy Fox »
Proud to be a furry!

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 06:03:38 PM »
Starfighter reminded me of the pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack, I have to say I really love that soundtrack, it stands out quite a lot!

The how to tame your dragon soundtrack and LOTR soundtracks are also very, very good!

And the sucker punch soundtrack o.o, Never heard of that one, the one you linked seems like a good cover song of sweet dreams though :D

But I also want to remind people of some incredible soundtracks that came from movies of all the same directors

Kill Bill: OST Soundtrack - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
Quentin Tarantino's movies have some of the most iconic, brilliantly crafted and placed pop-culture songs within their movies. Like the Kill Bill soundtrack, with the familiar and iconic death stinger that appears anytime the bride sees her next target, or the iconic song I linked for an iconic final fight scene of the first movie. Although most, if not all, the songs in his movies are non-originals, they work SO WELL with the environment on his movies that some scenes would not be anywhere near the same if it weren't for the song. For an example I'm sure more people know that song of the ear torture scene in reservoir dogs through the movie rather than through the actual band!

Resident Evil Retribution Soundtrack - Flying Through The Air
I decided to add a surprise movie to the list. Although I tend to disagree with this movie series, it is full of pointless twists, violence taken straight out of a video game (literally) and just an incoherent story. It has a very good and powerful action soundtrack, something that I have on my ipod simply because it is that good. I'm talking about the Resident Evil TV franchise and here is a track to emphasis what I mean.

MAX Payne 3 Soundtrack - TEARS HEALTH Vocals Track OST TV Commercial music Credit song
I finally decided to put a video game soundtrack on. Rockstar video game soundtracks have been amazing! Whether it be the countless thousands of dollars to license all the songs in the GTA's or the iconic desert riding songs in red dead redemption. However, I think the max payne 3 soundtrack takes the cake, particularly because of this song, Tears by health. This song plays during a climatic battle in an airport where you are versing a countless amount of airport security guards and this songs definitely makes the blood rush!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 10:13:17 PM »

Offline Maine

• Eager Elephant
  • Cheers, big ears!
    • Awards
  • Species: Hare
  • Coloring: Navy blue.
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 64kg
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: NOTHING. <w<
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 11:07:54 AM »
I remember going to the movies with a friend to see Hanna, it was probably one of the best cinema experiences I have ever had.
Fantastic film, cinematography was to die for. and the SOUNDTRACK!!! As soon as I got home I jumped online and pre-ordered it.

OST Hanna - Container Park (Chemical Bros)

Brilliant stuff from The Chemical Brothers.
  • Avatar by: The lovely (and talented) Nobi! <3

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 09:10:34 AM »
I remember that movie! Pretty decent indeed but I didn't take much note of the OST, thanks for showing me though it's nice, quite chilling but also epic :3 I like it!

Offline oddi

• Avid Aardvark
  • robots make me angry
    • tumblr
    • Awards
  • Species: snow leopard
  • Coloring: black and white with purple, blue or green spots on xir back and tail, changes colors depending on mood
  • Height: just smaller than a tiger~
  • Weight: 500 lbs
  • Build: androgynous. short legs. stocky. super thick, plush fur. long, heavy tail.
  • Currently: vicodin helps cramps and makes you forget you exist
movie scores?
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 07:07:49 PM »
i sincerely hope i'm not the only one who loves them uwu they're beautiful, especially the ones for Transformers and Serenity. i've got some of the music from The Great Gatsby playing right now UGH LANA DEL REY YOU NEED TO NOT BE AMAZING FOR LIKE FIVE SECONDS I NEED TO CATCH MY BREATH

so, do you listen to movie scores? if so, which ones? owo
HERNO LPHA

⋆ THEY'LL REMEMBER ⋆
WE WERE HERE

art || post of import || twitter || tumblr ||
 wall of text || Pacific Rim Roleplay
xe - he/she || xem -him/her || xirs - his/hers

Offline oddi

• Avid Aardvark
  • robots make me angry
    • tumblr
    • Awards
  • Coloring: black and white with purple, blue or green spots on xir back and tail, changes colors depending on mood
  • Build: androgynous. short legs. stocky. super thick, plush fur. long, heavy tail.
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 07:11:21 PM »
oh, gosh. i've got like 100 OSTs on my ipod and Spotify alone.

one of my current favorites right now is some of the music  from The Great Gatsby [size=78%](not necessarily a score, but it's from the movie so...?). [/size][/size]I also really really love the music to the movie Serenity and the show Firefly. c:[size=78%]
HERNO LPHA

⋆ THEY'LL REMEMBER ⋆
WE WERE HERE

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2013, 04:24:56 PM »
I think another soundtrack I kind of neglected was...
clubbed to death - Matrix soundtrack

Offline oddi

• Avid Aardvark
  • robots make me angry
    • tumblr
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2013, 05:36:21 PM »
ahhh all these OSTs are before my time i frickin love Kill Bill though WOWEE what a style ;w;

most of my music happens to be from movies i've seen/can find on spotify.

two of my latest findings would be the Beowulf score, as well as the Pacific Rim soundtrack uwu
HERNO LPHA

⋆ THEY'LL REMEMBER ⋆
WE WERE HERE