The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Desperation and morals  (Read 439 times)

Offline kivabunny

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • intense love does not measure, it just gives
    • Awards
  • Species: bunny
  • Coloring: black
  • Height: 4' 11" (anthro)
  • Weight: 127 pounds
  • Build: agile and atheletic
Desperation and morals
« on: May 10, 2013, 11:04:24 PM »

I sold an extra car i owned to my uncle on the agreement of $100 a month , i have received $130 and this is the third month, seems like a no brainer to repossess the car right? wrong, he made the first payment just fine, but between payment 1 & 2 he found out that he has cancer. they are not even bothering to treat the cancer because his liver is screwed up too, they say he has 18 months, he got fired because he is dying, cannot make payments. but this makes me seem really selfish right? this being his only currently running car.
well if i don't collect i am in a terrible amount of debt that is being paid with his payments, i have only been able to pay $100 of it because the other $30 had to go to an emergency

long story short, i have to repo the car and pay everything off leaving him, his wife, and five kids without a car until he fixes one of the others, or wait and see what he can do payment wise and quite possibly lose the money i have already paid into that debt (it has an expiration date)

if i were in his place, i would want to keep the truck, my heart is saying be kind, but my wallet is saying you are screwed if you do

oh and i'm unemployed, been trying to get my first job for over two years now

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

assassin......i kill things.......and you will never notice

Offline Hinoko

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • "LETS FIGHTING LOVE!!!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Alaskan Malamute
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 205lbs
  • Build: Muscular, a bit husky :p
  • Currently: Lonely, worn out, stressed and bored.
Re: Desperation and morals
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 03:45:24 PM »
Wow... I'm sorry, I don't know bud. That's a really tough situation. I hopethat you figure it out  :(
"To love is nothing, to be loved is something. To love and be loved is everything..."

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: Desperation and morals
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 04:37:17 AM »
It's a shame that your uncle has cancer, my heart goes out to him and you. However, as for the moral situation I would say you need to repossess the car. It's very unfortunate that circumstances had to come that way, but at the end of the day you can't let your uncles condition bring your life to a very low lever, I am very sure he would agree with me on that front. Generally people don't want to feel like a burden and if your life got destroyed and you got into a lot of debt because of him (of course it's not his fault though) he would feel incredibly guilty.

So for both your sakes, I would repossess the car, but do it in as kind of a way as possible and make sure he understands the situation.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";