Author Topic: What Are Your Three Favorite Toys/Games?  (Read 1932 times)

Offline KoalaJen

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm not just a koala, I'm an endangered species!
    • Jen's Facebook Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Koala
  • Coloring: Lavender w/ White
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 163 lbs
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Lonely
What Are Your Three Favorite Toys/Games?
« on: May 08, 2013, 11:45:44 PM »
Now I'm a toy and game collector, as well a facilitator for a local game group so I have tons of toys and games laying around everywhere in my place. My question for you guys, gals and everything in between and outside the box is, what's your top 3 favorite toys and/or games that you still own and why?

My top three fav toys and/or games are...
Spoiler for Hidden:
  • First Gen Pokemon Cards
Most of us played with them or we know someone who had them. But for me it just wasn't collecting them or being popular for having nearly all of them as a kid, but I actually played with them. Now we can all agree that the game was a very simplistic version of other combat card games, like Magic: The Gathering. However when you were young, simplistic is good. To be honest even my father got into it as well and we would spend our time together bonding, collecting cards, building decks and he would even take me to the leagues. I was never a good player, but a decent one and it was that time spent with my father playing Pokemon however that I still cherish.
  • The Original Beanie Babies
Another fad, another time. It was the mid 90s, Pokemon hadn't come out yet, but I knew about it from my friend's Japanese gaming mags. However it wasn't monsters that were popular, but small, cute bean-filled toys and everyone had them. They weren't just girls toys, they were boys toys too. It even spawned a short-lived sub culture of people who would talk about them, collect them and even make or buy clothes for them, ect. To be honest it was the first sub-culture I feel like I was a part of and actively followed. Sure, I was just a child at that time, but it was awesome! Still have them and collect them even today.  :3 Have nearly a 100 of them so far and growing.
  • Banjo (Original Art Creation)
My #1 favorite toy in my collection... is a little six-legged rainbow scorpion-lizard that my boyfriend made. It's not really a toy, but a large full-sized foam and wire character he made for me. But it's just that which is why it's my favorite toy right now. That he didn't just make it and give it to me, but he made it from concept to reality in order to show his appreciation, dedication and his love to me. Spending not just hours, but days creating my little Banjo.  :* God I love my boyfriend, he's the sweetest!

We fight, we recruit, we                 
are the anthropomorphic
army. FDF forever!

Offline BakaFawkes

• Chatty Cheetah
  • It's not personal text if you can read it!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Dark Fulvous, Reddish hair
  • Height: My height (How tall am I anyway?)
  • Weight: Same as me (still unknown, maybe 160-ish)
  • Build: Average, but nimble, naturally fit.
  • Currently: Totally stressin'
Re: What Are Your Three Favorite Toys/Games?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 02:11:28 PM »
1) 12" figure of Mark from Battle of the Planets.
It was the first thing I ever collected, it was given to me by my great uncle. He has every G.I. Joe comic since the first issue and all of the 12" Star Wars figures from the 80's. He had two "Marks" and one Jason" from BOTHP and gave it to me as a starter for collecting.

2) LEGO Dino Attack Helicopter Unopened
I was supposed to get it as a birthday present back when I was little, but my grandparents (who'd bought it) forgot it was in the attic. I found it when I was cleaning their attic out of dust as squirrels a few years back. It was pretty tempting to open, but I managed to save it.

3) Sonic the Hedgehog MP3 Player
I'm a big STH fan, and my grandmother spotted this when she took my cousins to Disney World. I think she said it was in the Epcot center by some other STH stuff.. She also got some little figureines and a towel, but I can actually use the MP3 player.
You don't have to be great to start, you only have to start to be great.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 06:57:08 PM »
1) My Yu-Gi-Oh harpie card collection

I always thought the Yu-Gi-Oh TCG was way more fun than the Pokemon TCG, so while most people my age were collecting Pokemon, I collected Yu-Gi-Oh cards. I collect harpie cards and harpie support cards because they're my favorites, and I've gathered a fairly decent collection over the years. Yu-Gi-Oh was a hobby I shared with my best friend and cousin when we were growing up. Though I never have done much actual battling with my cards, I still just really like having them.

2) The assorted plastic animals I own

Nothing really special, but I collected a lot of toy animals from visiting zoos when I was younger, and I still like having them around. I spent hours and hours and hours playing with those animals. There's just a lot of nostalgia attached to them for me.

3) My Zephyr plushie

A custom stuffed animal made to look like my fursona that I received from a friend. It's one-of-a-kind and I'd never want to lose it.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline KoalaJen

• Avid Aardvark
    • Jen's Facebook Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 10:16:46 PM »
1) 12" figure of Mark from Battle of the Planets.
It was the first thing I ever collected, it was given to me by my great uncle. He has every G.I. Joe comic since the first issue and all of the 12" Star Wars figures from the 80's. He had two "Marks" and one Jason" from BOTHP and gave it to me as a starter for collecting.

2) LEGO Dino Attack Helicopter Unopened
I was supposed to get it as a birthday present back when I was little, but my grandparents (who'd bought it) forgot it was in the attic. I found it when I was cleaning their attic out of dust as squirrels a few years back. It was pretty tempting to open, but I managed to save it.

3) Sonic the Hedgehog MP3 Player
I'm a big STH fan, and my grandmother spotted this when she took my cousins to Disney World. I think she said it was in the Epcot center by some other STH stuff.. She also got some little figureines and a towel, but I can actually use the MP3 player.

That's pretty cool. Dino Attack came out right when I hit my teens and fell out of playing with LEGO for a while so I never bought them even though now they're hard to find and a bit pricey to buy online. It's awesome you found one still sealed in the box! :D Also because I missed that period of time, I never bought Exo Force either. The only full mecha series and I missed out on it. Why I dropped the money on Monster Fighters last year. Halloween theme? Not missing that possible one time chance! :3

I'm bit of a Sonic fan too, mostly because I grew up with him since we were a SEGA household and the cartoons were airing on TV when I was a kid. Still play the games now and then, especially the newer ones. Even have a few figures myself, although I'm not opening them. The ones I have are from Jazwares toys and have a tendency to break easily at the joints. :/ I don't want Tails to loose his tails!  D: But they're cool none of the less. :3

1) My Yu-Gi-Oh harpie card collection

I always thought the Yu-Gi-Oh TCG was way more fun than the Pokemon TCG, so while most people my age were collecting Pokemon, I collected Yu-Gi-Oh cards. I collect harpie cards and harpie support cards because they're my favorites, and I've gathered a fairly decent collection over the years. Yu-Gi-Oh was a hobby I shared with my best friend and cousin when we were growing up. Though I never have done much actual battling with my cards, I still just really like having them.

2) The assorted plastic animals I own

Nothing really special, but I collected a lot of toy animals from visiting zoos when I was younger, and I still like having them around. I spent hours and hours and hours playing with those animals. There's just a lot of nostalgia attached to them for me.

3) My Zephyr plushie

A custom stuffed animal made to look like my fursona that I received from a friend. It's one-of-a-kind and I'd never want to lose it.

I tried getting into Yu-Gi-Oh! for a little while, but never got far in the leagues. Didn't really have enough money to spend on them at the time and our local league closed a few weeks after I joined it so I just fell out. The video games were good though so I mostly played them since I couldn't get anyone else to play it with me. Since then I haven't really gotten into a TCG/CCG since, although I did think about getting into Magic at some point, but never did. :P

I'm glad you kept all your toy animals from your childhood. Mine got lost during half a dozen moves around Cali. I mostly collected Littlest Pet Shop though. :3 Sleich and other high end brands found at our local zoos and museums were pricey back then so I only got them as special gifts when I was a good girl... well boy... maybe... kind of confusing now. Heh. :D

It's awesome that your friend made you your own plushie. :3 Those custom creations are the best kind of toys!

We fight, we recruit, we                 
are the anthropomorphic
army. FDF forever!

Offline Hinoko

• Avid Aardvark
  • "LETS FIGHTING LOVE!!!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Alaskan Malamute
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 205lbs
  • Build: Muscular, a bit husky :p
  • Currently: Lonely, worn out, stressed and bored.
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 12:40:47 PM »
1] All of my stuffed animals, I can't bear to get rid of them and well. To be honest I still snuggle them while I sleep xD
2] My legos, god knows that one of these days. I just might get them out again.
3] And third, uhm. My GI Joes I guess xD
"To love is nothing, to be loved is something. To love and be loved is everything..."

Offline BakaFawkes

• Chatty Cheetah
  • It's not personal text if you can read it!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Dark Fulvous, Reddish hair
  • Height: My height (How tall am I anyway?)
  • Weight: Same as me (still unknown, maybe 160-ish)
  • Build: Average, but nimble, naturally fit.
  • Currently: Totally stressin'
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 01:21:03 PM »
                Have you heard of Folkmanis puppets? I have the three full body puppet foxes (the only ones I don’t have are the hand puppets) and they’re very nice. You should check out the website and see if there are any puppets that catch your eye. They look just like regular stuffed animals, but they have the opening to move their heads and mouths (Quadrupeds have a horizontal opening on their belly).
This is my favorite fox.
http://www.folkmanis.com/Prod-67-1-233-1/Fox_Red.htm
They have a pretty big selection of animals and there are usually at least two types of every one of them. (There are five different foxes).
Now I’m just rambling. So, I feel bad none of these made the top 3 for me, but they’re definitely top 10.
You don't have to be great to start, you only have to start to be great.

Offline KoalaJen

• Avid Aardvark
    • Jen's Facebook Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 01:27:37 PM »
                Have you heard of Folkmanis puppets? I have the three full body puppet foxes (the only ones I don’t have are the hand puppets) and they’re very nice. You should check out the website and see if there are any puppets that catch your eye. They look just like regular stuffed animals, but they have the opening to move their heads and mouths (Quadrupeds have a horizontal opening on their belly).

Checked them out, they no longer seem to support koalas. Shame really. They seem to be really good quality though however. Might have to check eBay later for that one it seems. Thanks for sharing though hon.

We fight, we recruit, we                 
are the anthropomorphic
army. FDF forever!

Offline Lethrasherhuskeh

• Eager Elephant
  • Huskeh.Glasses.SWAG.
  • Species: Huskeh
  • Coloring: White with shades of grey
  • Build: Medium
  • Currently: is the Husky Rockstar Overlord
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 02:23:28 AM »
I only had legos when I was a kid and jenga, and other board games like the game of life and monopoly. They have been neglected ever since I started gaming frequently on le pc.

I think I wanna get a nerf gun soon tho. They seem pretty cool and apparently there are even tournaments for it.

Rank: Ghost. Systems: Online. Now you see me, now you don't  >:)
We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Add me on le facebook! =D
https://www.facebook.com/ThrasherBlades
Line Messenger ID: lehuskeh. Let's chat! :3

Journal: http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=22605.msg1013192#new

Offline KoalaJen

• Avid Aardvark
    • Jen's Facebook Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 02:37:09 AM »
Yeah, that's the problem with electronic toys these days I guess. But you'd surprised how well received bringing a board or card game can be at parties and groups and stuff. The ones we all grew up tend to be more popular than newer ones even from my experience. Well, except Monopoly. It's banned at my game group along with Risk and to be honest, it's for good reason. :P

Nerf guns are fun. When I was younger I had the Big Bad Bow. Used to pretend I was Link, running around Hyrule with that thing.  >.> They have some cool ones out now though, but if you wanted one of the cool ones, I'd try eBay or clearance/discount retailers. I know they had one a few years ago I can't find anymore and that's the stationary assault turret Nerf gun. Foam darts is serious business. :3

We fight, we recruit, we                 
are the anthropomorphic
army. FDF forever!

Offline Lethrasherhuskeh

• Eager Elephant
  • Huskeh.Glasses.SWAG.
  • Species: Huskeh
  • Coloring: White with shades of grey
  • Build: Medium
  • Currently: is the Husky Rockstar Overlord
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 02:48:59 AM »
Ya know, where I come from, we have this cafe where it has lots of card and board games. There's a lot of limited edition stuff there. Like the last time I was there I tried this awesome version of uno stacko (can't really remember wether it was actually uno) and instead of stacking the blocks, you had to hang em to balance the pole or something haha. For a person who wants to get out and socialize, this really gives you the motivation to tear yourself away from the PC and just have fun with your friends. Just that ALL my friends are hardcore WoW/SC2 gamers and going there just by yourself and finding a random person in the cafe to play with would seem pretty awkward.

Uhm, actually, there's one nerf which I saw that didn't use foam dart ammo, but uses green rubber discs (if its plastic otherwise omg  :| ) which I saw at toys r us. Uhm...I can't really remember the model, but that looked pretty hardcore  XD

Rank: Ghost. Systems: Online. Now you see me, now you don't  >:)
We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Add me on le facebook! =D
https://www.facebook.com/ThrasherBlades
Line Messenger ID: lehuskeh. Let's chat! :3

Journal: http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=22605.msg1013192#new

Offline KoalaJen

• Avid Aardvark
    • Jen's Facebook Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2013, 03:01:18 AM »
Wish we had a cafe like that around where I live. The next best thing I have nearby is our local game store's Monday board game nights. Unfortunately I never go on part due to therapy group. But every other day there they have like Warmachine (:)) and Warhammer 40k. Now and then someone there does bring a board or card game to play, but the last time I did that the guy I was playing with wasn't good at explaining rules and just ended up playing by himself as I watched.

I've seen those disk throwers as well. The Nerf Vortex line of toys, they look pretty cool. That Praxis looks impressive. Might have to pick myself up one... or two... *snicker*.

We fight, we recruit, we                 
are the anthropomorphic
army. FDF forever!

Offline Hinoko

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2013, 03:13:13 AM »
You said about warhammer, my friends and I were looking into that game. Looks like A LOT of fun! And... It costs a LOT of money  XD
"To love is nothing, to be loved is something. To love and be loved is everything..."

Offline KoalaJen

• Avid Aardvark
    • Jen's Facebook Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2013, 03:21:43 AM »
Warhammer is expensive and it keep getting more so because the company that produces them has a tendency to raise prices frequently, even if the materials they're using are getting cheaper.  T_T I was into Warhammer 40k for a short period, not long enough to play it though. Eventually I sold off my bits and bought into Warmachine. Not that it's cheaper, just that I liked steampunk more than sci-fi. Still expensive though, but you can buy into fewer things and still have a good time. That and the rules are less convoluted.  :3

But price is usually just a fact of tabletop war gaming that is to be expected. :P

We fight, we recruit, we                 
are the anthropomorphic
army. FDF forever!

Offline Hinoko

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2013, 03:22:38 AM »
Whats Warmachine?  :)

Offline KoalaJen

• Avid Aardvark
    • Jen's Facebook Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2013, 03:33:13 AM »
 0:)
Whats Warmachine?  :)

Warmachine along with its bestial sister game Hordes is a game similar to Warhammer but put out by a different company, in this case Privateer Press. It's still armies vs armies, but it has more emphasis on powerful robots and/or beasts than elite squads and vehicles. Getting into it at first is cheaper, especially if you have someone who you can play with. A starting army for Warhammer is like $100-150 these days and a starter set for Warmachine or Hordes is around $50 a pack. They do have 2-player battle sets as well that are cheap as well compared. However if you expand into it beyond the starters, it does get pricey. T_T I kind of wish I didn't go overboard last summer. But oh'well.

We fight, we recruit, we                 
are the anthropomorphic
army. FDF forever!