The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Temeraire.  (Read 1240 times)

Offline FeralWings

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Close your eyes and see the skies are falling.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Dark blue scales
  • Height: 2,36 M.
  • Weight: 110 Kg.
  • Build: Moderately tough
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Getting my ass in gear to do...something.
Temeraire.
« on: March 23, 2013, 03:37:14 PM »
Capt. Will laurence, an experienced Naval Officer during the napoleonic wars, find a french transport frigate with a crew broken by earlier storms. Easily taking over the ship, they inspect their spoils. Among the cargo, lies a dragon.
Laurence ends up having to harness the dragon, as it is close to hatching and they are weeks from shore, after which the book continues on an amazing journey.

I can say so far, that I am counting myself lucky as to have ordered more than only the first book (I found a great deal on the first to third book, with an extra poster), as I have read the first book in two days' time. It is so well detailed about the manners and ways of the era, being the napoleonic wars, which has always been my favourite subject for history class. It is very unique in the way these dragons are used to fight, and makes a very detailed and realistic society around dragons. It's just spot on, on every part, and the story itself is amazing as Laurence and Temeraire face incredible dangers.

I cannot express properly how well I think of the first and second book already, and by god do I hope the mail arrives fast with the next books.
  • Signature art by: Me :D
You can be anything you want to be.
But can you be everything you want to be?

Click this shiet for my Deviantart!

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
Re: Temeraire.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 06:11:06 PM »
This series. So, much, yes. It is and will likely remain to be my favorite book series ever. I recall being skeptical of the first book, then smacking myself for doubting it. Fluid writing, great and unique characters, accuracy in many areas, character development is done well, the dragon variants are balanced and well designed, and so on.

I have read every book but the last two books, and trust me, they don't ever let up on quality. Naomi Novik is wonderful.