Author Topic: Bummin' on in  (Read 1740 times)

Offline Kirona

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Random and possibly slightly NSFW at times blog thinger
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon/gryphon hybrid
  • Coloring: Red scales, black feather/fluff, black spikes/claws
  • Height: Under 1 foot
  • Weight: A few pounds at most
  • Build: Lithe feral :3
  • Currently: Churrin' around~
Bummin' on in
« on: February 10, 2013, 09:38:10 AM »
So, I'd typed this entire, huge entry to post here, but I was interrupted a few times so it took a while, and when I went to post it, I'd apparently been automatically logged out due to inactivity x.-.x

Anyway, time to recreate that lost post as best I can :D

I'm Kirona :D  I'm new to these forums, and to forums in general, though I've been a furry for a long time now, and I've been active on both FurAffinity and deviantART for a while (Kirona on both sites~).  In fact, on deviantART, I'm a member of the AnthroCommunity team, as well as an active member of several chat rooms on their chat network (I'm also a mod, or higher, in all the rooms I'm regularly active in x3).  You may be able to tell that I'm more accustomed to a chat environment... primarily because of how many emotes I tend to use :B

I'd recently decided that I should try to be a bit more sociable online, and then a friend of mine linked me to these forums, so I thought "why not?" and decided to sign up x3  So that's how I ended up here.  Hopefully I'll find some interesting things to talk about, and interesting people to talk to, and I'll finally be a bit less of a total recluse/lurker outside dA's chat xD

About me, let's see....  Fursona-wise, I'm a dragon/gryphon hybrid with red scales, black feathers, black eyes with no sclera (whites), and black horns/spikes (though neither red nor black is my favourite color).  I can take a few different forms, ranging from a housecat-sized feral form, to an anthro form about 8 feet tall, to a separate feral form that can be pretty much any size I feel like, though I tend to stick with the housecat-sized form.  In all forms, I have a very long tail, and can have large wings if I feel like it (or no wings, if that's more convenient).  As I identify as genderless, my fursona is also genderless in any form.  I also wear a broad golden collar with my own personal symbol etched into it, as well as a pair of pendants hanging from my horns, though other than that I tend to go with a "no bits to hide, no clothes" policy.  I'd get more detailed, but I don't think I should be posting a gigantic wall just about my fursona x3

I'm fairly tech-savvy in general, though not overly so, and I should have a degree in graphic animation soon, with a focus on 2D animation - assuming there's not some sort of issue with paperwork.  Of course, the degree doesn't really mean I'm any *good* at it, just that I passed classes based on teaching some of the concepts of it xD

I'm highly interested in a variety of furry/anthro artwork, and I try to draw as much as I can, though that's admittedly not very much due to... complications, offline.  Mostly things that have no business sullying an online forum ;p

I'm also a fan of video games, primarily PC games, though I tend to stick to single-player stuff because I'm not all that good online x3

I'm also a big fan of Renard Queenston (lapfoxtrax.com), and listen to a lot of his music.  Pretty much all I listen to most of the time, actually.  That can be a good thing or a bad thing xD

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer (most of) them, and again, hi :D
Meandering through life... not a clue where I'm going.

Offline MatchCense

• Avid Aardvark
  • I have teeth, I will bite....
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxy Kitty
  • Coloring: Fox- Undercoat white tipped with gray and baby blue, white tummy, teal stripes. Orange red eyes Cat- Black, bluish purple stripes, white tummy
  • Currently: Frisky.
Re: Bummin' on in
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 09:40:04 AM »
D= JEEZ! Make mine looks small and tarded X3 hehehe <3  Glad you came here with me :3. Good to have somebody I already know around!
  • Signature art by: Me

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 03:07:05 PM »
Welcome to the forum ^^

I checked out your dA page and it looks really interesting.
I have a group myself on there, though not specifically for anthro's, just fantasy in generall.

I like how you designed your fursona.

Anyways, have a great time here and see you around :)
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 05:32:40 PM »
Welcome to the forum Kirona!
I'm Timmy, the one and only Royal Cutefox. I hope you'll enjoy your time here :3
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline NovaAurora

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum.
  • May the FURS be with you!
    • Awards
  • Species: Mostly wolf, part dragon
  • Coloring: Dark and light gray, with black streaks and dark blue extremities.
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Long and lanky, muscular but not bulging.
  • Currently: PC gaming... FINALLY!!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 05:50:32 PM »
Welcome to the forums, Kirona!  :)  I'm Nova, it's very nice to meet you, and I must say your fursona sounds extremely cool  X3  Hope you have a great time here and to see you around!

~*Airforce Fleet commander*~
We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Come raise your lantern to the sky
And let's illuminate this night
We'll dance like heathens
Around the flames
And while the world sleeps
WE ARE AWAKE!

Offline Kirona

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 11:41:29 PM »
Side note - the Captcha authentication seems REALLY touchy x.-.x

D= JEEZ! Make mine looks small and tarded X3 hehehe <3  Glad you came here with me :3 . Good to have somebody I already know around!

Hehe x3  I get a bit rambly, don't worry about it :P  Anyway, yeah, glad to be here with ya :3

Welcome to the forum ^^

I checked out your dA page and it looks really interesting.
I have a group myself on there, though not specifically for anthro's, just fantasy in generall.

I like how you designed your fursona.
Anyways, have a great time here and see you around :)

Thanks, I appreciate that you took the time to look over my art and stuff :3  And I'm glad you like my fursona design, too, I've been using it for years and I keep changing little bits here and there but overall it's about the same as when I first made it x3

Welcome to the forum Kirona!
I'm Timmy, the one and only Royal Cutefox. I hope you'll enjoy your time here :3

^_^ Hiya, Timmy!  Nice to meet you, and thanks for the well-wishes :3

Welcome to the forums, Kirona!  :)   I'm Nova, it's very nice to meet you, and I must say your fursona sounds extremely cool  X3  Hope you have a great time here and to see you around!

^.-.^ Nice to meet you too, and thanks :3

Offline Kio

• Boisterous Bear
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Canis awesomicus
  • Currently: Being lazy :3
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 12:08:40 AM »
Hey Kirona, welcome to the forums. I'm Kio :3
I'm new here, too.

Animation sounds really interesting to do, I've always preferred 2D animation, myself (not an animator, though, I can only dream I could do something like that), and that's mostly because I find it more expressive and artistic.
I think I've heard of Renard being mentioned a few times, never really checked their music out besides this I saw posted somewhere on another site:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNJCfrjKRtA (seems they have a lot of stuff and it sounds like they are using tracker software instead of DAWs which must be quite a task, those things always have looked hard to use to me, though I've never used one).

Also, nice fursona.
See you around :3

<(ಠ_ಠ)> I am an angel, fear me.

Therian/otherkin and furry.

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 12:21:43 AM »
Do you by any chance have a picture of how your fursona first looked like? ^^
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline Kirona

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 05:48:43 AM »
Hey Kirona, welcome to the forums. I'm Kio :3
I'm new here, too.
Nice to meet you, Kio :3

Animation sounds really interesting to do, I've always preferred 2D animation, myself (not an animator, though, I can only dream I could do something like that), and that's mostly because I find it more expressive and artistic.
I think I've heard of Renard being mentioned a few times, never really checked their music out besides this I saw posted somewhere on another site:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNJCfrjKRtA (seems they have a lot of stuff and it sounds like they are using tracker software instead of DAWs which must be quite a task, those things always have looked hard to use to me, though I've never used one).

Also, nice fursona.
See you around :3
x3  That's one of Renard's older songs, I never did know where he'd gotten the vocals for it.  But according to his website (http://www.lapfoxtrax.com/), he mostly uses OpenMPT and ACID Pro, along with tons of plugins and samples, and some nifty hardware x3  I have no idea how to do any of that, though it'd be nice to learn - I think the only thing I know how to use is Apple's Logic software x.-.x

Animation can be really fun, and if you're good at it you can do quite a lot, just on your own :3  I need to practice a lot more though, before I'll be able to post much online that'll be of any use ^.-.^"

Glad you like my fursona, too :3

Do you by any chance have a picture of how your fursona first looked like? ^^
Sadly, no, I never actually drew my fursona at all until attemptins semi-recently - and for some reason I can't figure out (possibly perfectionist OCD idiocy), I can't actually get past a partial rough sketch of it x3

Offline Kio

• Boisterous Bear
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 06:13:33 AM »

Nice to meet you, too :3

OpenMPT... I should have guessed open source software, breakcore people seem to like open source technology for some reason, idk. Didn't know he used hardware, though, probably for the more analog sounds. Apple Logic? Do you occasionally make music?

I bet animation is fun, the work and the outcome as what you want providing you have the skills you need for a particular anim, but I can't really even draw (yet), myself.
I prefer traditional 2D over flash though (although I don't mind some flash, it just seems like with the shows that happen to use flash so much), do you do one (if so which one) or both?

Also I quote "[size=0.85em]Sadly, no, I never actually drew my fursona at all until attemptins semi-recently - and for some reason I can't figure out (possibly perfectionist OCD idiocy), I can't actually get past a partial rough sketch of it x3"[/size]
[/size]
[/size]I sort of get you there, I have theriotypes, but I'm not sure if I want to use them or be more creative, leaning towards being creative but I can't get what I'd really want, I'll probably just settle on a random character. [size=0.85em] ;)

Offline Kirona

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 08:21:08 AM »
Yeah I'm gonna try not to quote people in every single post I make ^.-.^"

Anyway x3

I don't make music.  I try to make music, and end up making short drum loops that I sit and listen to for half an hour before realizing it's been half an hour and I've just been staring into space lost in the beat x3  I know pretty much nothing about music theory or any of that, and I have no way to transcribe what I come up with in my head, not nearly fast enough to prevent losing it anyway x.-.x

With animation, I assume that when you say traditional, you mean where every frame is drawn out, rather than things just being moved around or transformed like you can do in Flash x3  I actually use both, though mostly frame-by-frame/traditional stuff, since what I like to do doesn't lend itself to Flash-type work very well.  But I could see using Flash to budge the background around in layers to get a sense of depth, or maybe use it for some basic things to make things easier.  One of the cool things about Toon Boom is that it's built around letting you do both easily enough xD

As for my fursona, I know exactly what it looks like, down to textures of different things x3  I just get too obsessed with getting it "just right" when I try to draw it, so I end up stuck unable to get past the sketch because I want to do it justice x3

Offline Jokor

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Hyena (spotted)
  • Coloring: Brown and black.
  • Currently: Practicing drawing/studying exams
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 01:54:33 PM »
Hello and well met kirona :) nice to welcome you to this fine forum.
As for computer games, which kind of games do you play?

Offline Kio

• Boisterous Bear
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 05:59:13 PM »
Yeah I'm gonna try not to quote people in every single post I make ^.-.^"

Anyway x3

I don't make music.  I try to make music, and end up making short drum loops that I sit and listen to for half an hour before realizing it's been half an hour and I've just been staring into space lost in the beat x3  I know pretty much nothing about music theory or any of that, and I have no way to transcribe what I come up with in my head, not nearly fast enough to prevent losing it anyway x.-.x

With animation, I assume that when you say traditional, you mean where every frame is drawn out, rather than things just being moved around or transformed like you can do in Flash x3  I actually use both, though mostly frame-by-frame/traditional stuff, since what I like to do doesn't lend itself to Flash-type work very well.  But I could see using Flash to budge the background around in layers to get a sense of depth, or maybe use it for some basic things to make things easier.  One of the cool things about Toon Boom is that it's built around letting you do both easily enough xD

As for my fursona, I know exactly what it looks like, down to textures of different things x3  I just get too obsessed with getting it "just right" when I try to draw it, so I end up stuck unable to get past the sketch because I want to do it justice x3

"I try to make music", that's pretty much what all musicians do, I don't think anyone is 100% satisfied with what they create, although it usually takes a week for a commercial track or a month/year for something more artistic/complex and you don't really need to know that much music theory. It's an art so anything you do there you will feel you could always improve.

Yeah I meant frame by frame drawing, cel use and stuff like that. Toon Boom is the software you use I presume? Seen a few software programs for that, was never 100% sure what animators would use these days.

And I see what you mean about your fursona. To express it right, you want it seem kind of more how you want it to be than making it like idk, a third character perhaps? So reflective idealism, I guess. I know what you mean, I can't even design an appropriate fursona for myself, though, tbh, yes. But at least you have decided on a fursona, I guess :P May be you are holding back your expression as yourself and find it hard to reflect in your fursona a bit? May be try loosening up to the idea and if you are concerned more socially, don't be afraid what others think? I wouldn't know how to express exactly such an intriguing fursona, myself, either, hope you get some more luck and motivation there :3

Offline Nikolai the Lynx

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • I am friendly and a good listener.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Canadian Lynx
  • Coloring: Silvery-brown (In summer reddish brown)
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Build: Lean, but furry.
  • Currently: Getting things sorted out.
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 07:07:11 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

I hope you like it here.

"You want to lead? Then Learn to follow." Game of Thrones

Offline Kirona

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 05:37:30 AM »
Hello and well met kirona nice to welcome you to this fine forum.
As for computer games, which kind of games do you play?

Nice to meet you too :3
I play some Minecraft (though not much), along with a bunch of FPS and RTS games.  I tend to prefer games that are more open, but if a game is good enough in other ways I'll deal with linear stuff too :P  I also like space sims, though they're hard to find.... the only one I have that's any good is really slow and has no multiplayer whatsoever x.-.x

Nice to meet you, I'm Sophie.

Hiya, nice to meet you too :3

"I try to make music", that's pretty much what all musicians do, I don't think anyone is 100% satisfied with what they create, although it usually takes a week for a commercial track or a month/year for something more artistic/complex and you don't really need to know that much music theory. It's an art so anything you do there you will feel you could always improve.
x3  I still can't get past making endless bassline loops.  I have no idea where to go beyond that.  But at least I keep trying once in a while, right? x3

Yeah I meant frame by frame drawing, cel use and stuff like that. Toon Boom is the software you use I presume? Seen a few software programs for that, was never 100% sure what animators would use these days.
Yeah, Toon Boom is the software I use.  I typed that I use it two or three times, so I thought I'd said, but I guess I wiped that line and never put it back xD  (I tend to heavily edit myself as I type...)

And I see what you mean about your fursona. To express it right, you want it seem kind of more how you want it to be than making it like idk, a third character perhaps? So reflective idealism, I guess. I know what you mean, I can't even design an appropriate fursona for myself, though, tbh, yes. But at least you have decided on a fursona, I guess May be you are holding back your expression as yourself and find it hard to reflect in your fursona a bit? May be try loosening up to the idea and if you are concerned more socially, don't be afraid what others think? I wouldn't know how to express exactly such an intriguing fursona, myself, either, hope you get some more luck and motivation there
x3  I mostly have trouble like "that's not quite the shape it should be" endlessly as I draw the muzzle, or "that line is wrong" or things like that.  Or, if I manage to get any kind of far, I get lost in trying to get the wings right xD  I know exactly how it should look, and I'm not concerned with others thinking it's bad or anything - I just want it to look right to *me* and that's hard to pull off x3

Welcome to the forum.

I hope you like it here.
Thanks :D  It seems like a good place, as long as I don't space out and forget it like I do sometimes x3