The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Legend of The Emerald Sword  (Read 3418 times)

Offline Luccas Hunter

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Species: Clydsdale Anthro
  • Coloring: Brown with with a white spot on his nose and a splatter of white from his lower back to butt
  • Height: 7' 3"
  • Weight: 260 Pounds
  • Build: Tall with medium muscle, working on the forge and hunting has made him strong
  • Currently: FurryForum Newb having a good time
Legend of The Emerald Sword
« on: January 14, 2013, 03:20:16 AM »

Trigger Warning http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigger_warning#Trigger_warning Trigger Warning

There WILL be violent and at times graphic descriptions in this thread, PLEASE take note of this before joining. If you have a weak stomach, anxiety, or are susceptible to traumatic memory triggering.

"Legend of The Emerald Sword"In the times of old gods, waged a war: angels against the demons that caused pain, sorrow, and death. In a final stand against the lord of darkness himself, Lucifer.
the gods fused their elemental powers to create a weapon powerful enough to banish him and
With a single strike, Lucifer was banished to the pits of hell. Peace washed over the land once again...
but a weapon so powerful was to much of threat for anyone to posess, so

they agreed and scattered the 8 shards of the blade across the world,
And it was gone from the world.

Until now...
Centuries have passed and the story of gods were have been revered as a trial for all heroes,
To find a shard of the Claymore and bring it back to the keep known as Karryon.
The city has been built around a shard and anvil that is used to re-create the weapon
and is most known for its annual Emerald War festival, celebrating the victory of the angels,
and sending out a group of warriors and volunteers to look for the shards.
Although there hasn't been a war between the angels and demons in centuries,
a cult known as the Democians have been on the rise and attacking the adventurers,
attempting to get the shards and release Lucifer from his bindings.
Today is the first day of the festival,
and maybe the last.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rules: In order to participate in this you must send a PM to either myself or Chronic J. Payne with this information:

Name:
Race:
weapon type:
job/profession before shard seeking:
special powers: some powers may not be allowed

If you see your name below here, you are cleared to post:
Luccas Hunter
Chronic J. Payne
TangleTail
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luccas, a Clydesdale blacksmith born and raised in Karryon, walks around the large city,  taking in the sites of yet another spectacular job the design crew has accomplished. Heading towards the recruiting booth to sign his name for the adventurer's crew that will be searching for another shard of the mystic Emerald Sword. "Sign your name here please." the recruiter said, sounding rather bored. Luccas writes his name down quickly and turns around, looking around at the crowd around him, looking for other people who also is taking an interest in going on the adventure
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 12:44:28 AM by Luccas Hunter »

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Chronic Payne

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • -HENSHIN A GO-GO BABY!!!-
    • Awards
  • Species: Descendant of the Chinese Zodiac "Monkey"
  • Coloring: Dark Brown fur, light yellow eyes, light tan skin color
  • Height: 7ft. 5in.
  • Weight: 235 lbs.
  • Build: More than normal size build, long tail
  • Currently: Awaiting the next great challenger!!!
Re: Legend of The Emerald Sword
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 06:32:20 AM »
Alexander Carter, A freelance vigilante born deep within the valley of Canterlot, was found as child in the remains of a destroyed village and raised here in the Kingdom of Karryon by a knight of the kings best warriors, he spends most of his time out in the woods and helping those in need from bandits or deadly creatures, trained by the best of the Royal guards and honed skills of survival make him dangerous to foes.

After an afternoon training Alex finds himself a tree near the kingdom laying atop a strong branch watching the people walking around, "Hmph, kind of a boring day today..." yawns and sits up looking over at the crowd of people signing a paper. Snickering to himself and pops neck, "Heh, come one, come all, and join the suicide march... sigh, so many lost just for those stupid emerald shards...", Looking down towards the ground frowns the hops down from the tree land on feet gently, "Father... was it really worth it..." Leaning against the same tree sighs and watches more people walking by as his tail sways about.
"Hold your head up high, set them eyes forward, and light your heart ablaze!!!"

Offline Luccas Hunter

• Avid Aardvark
  • Coloring: Brown with with a white spot on his nose and a splatter of white from his lower back to butt
  • Build: Tall with medium muscle, working on the forge and hunting has made him strong
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 12:48:16 PM »
Luccas scans the crowd as he walks away from the booth, searching for a friend or relative. As he sees Alexander, he walks over quickly to his left side, grinning stupidly. "well isn't it the vigilante of Karryon, you might not know me but I for sure know you. I wanted to thank you for saving my mother a few days ago. If you didn't come along to save her, my dad probably would have died of sickness as well." He pulls a small pouch out of his pocket and holds it out to Alexander. "I wanted to give this as thanks. I made you an enchanted amulet; it slows down small projectiles."

Offline Chronic Payne

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 03:56:56 PM »
Watching an overly happy Luccas as he holds out the amulet, rubs neck and yawns, "Uuummm, thanks... you really didn't have to.", getting up from tree walks forward, reaching and taking the amulet with a grin, "This could come in handy from arrows raining on my ass.", examining it and putting it in his pocket, then stretches, "Well then, you know who I am but what is your name if I might ask? And tell me you didn't sign that thing over there?", folding arms giving a sigh, leans back against tree.

Offline Luccas Hunter

• Avid Aardvark
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 10:07:16 PM »
"O-oh My name? I'ts Luccas, Luccas Hunter, although I am a blacksmith and enchanter." He looks over at the booth quickly, pushing his hands into his pocket. "Yeah, I did, did you? I would think an amazing fighter like yourself would relish in a chance to become a hero and strike fear into the bandits." Luccas shifts his legs nervously.

Offline Chronic Payne

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 10:28:57 PM »
Blushing and snickering "Nah, I ain't one to play the suicide games, beside I got my own reasons to not join." pushing self away from tree puts hands behind head and begins to walk off toward the center of town, "Trust me it ain't worth it... remember Captain Lars?", tail sways about as he walks past on coming folks, and sees Luccas following behind, "Or even General Cotagawa, how about Commander Gean? The best of the Kingdom took on the challenge, returned and were driven insane looking for those damn things, to only end up killing themselves."

Stopping to look around scratches head with tail, "If you don't die on the quest... you come back as somebody else."

Offline Luccas Hunter

• Avid Aardvark
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 12:18:15 AM »
He grins and stands his ground defiantly. "Oh, but what about Sergeant Jenkins, or Hero James, or master blacksmith Starns, my father by the way. They all are still very much alive and well, as far as I know. Some people just can't handle the stress of adventuring." Luccas brays defiantly looking over at the vigilante, challenging him silently.

Offline Chronic Payne

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 02:10:24 AM »
Holding out hand, grunts, "A hand full of sane fools... compared to the thousands dead from trying and failing, yeah I can see how people would care for glory more than their own lives." clenches fist, and grinds teeth, "This is more of game, than a damn quest!", turning quickly to face Luccas, "AND ANYONE WILLING TO THROW THEIR LIFE AWAY FOR PROMISES OF FAME, ARE FOOLS!!!", clenching fists and standing ground hunched over anger filling his eyes. "EH! Damn it... ", shakes head and backs away.

"I'm..... I'm sorry...", takes off running disappearing into the crowd, thinks to him self, "Why is this anger always growing!" Keeps running into the town.

Offline Luccas Hunter

• Avid Aardvark
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 03:05:27 AM »
Luccas runs after him for a few steps, but decides against it. "Damn, way to go hotshot, piss off your parent's savior. What are you going to do next, fall on your own sword?" He kicks a rock as the bells ring, tolling 11 o'clock. "Only a little while longer, then you can prove you aren't a screw up. Or not." The tiny voice inside his head said. Luccas walks along the direction that Alexander took.

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 6' 9" dued to long animalistic like hind legs
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: leath and lanky
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 03:51:51 AM »
Leo Cyrule, A mastered thief and Guild Master of the local feared thieves guild. Only recently was he captured again, said to have hold many bounties in other lands. However with each encounter, these bounties just faded into mere memories as a history of failed executions longer than a shopping list had set these lands to shame. Rumors had it that he had escaped execution many times over, and eventually one king had tossed him into a deep dungeon with no hopes of return. Many had walked the path, and none had return, till the month this happened had turned. He escaped once again, fleeing the dungeon's exit exhausted, and claimed his promised reward of freedom and abolished crimes. Yet, again he rose as a thief, only with the grand experience under his belt. Now again, he had been captured by the local paladins, and turned into the guards. The hold had heard of the feline's history, and knew that it would be pointless to slay him on sight. But they also knew his dedication to a task at hand was enough to lead the feline to his death.

They lead him down the street towards the sign ups. He was dressed in the usual prisoner's outfit, consisting of old worn ugly clothing, and chained manacles over his hand and feet to match. He was tall, slender, and decently tone for his lithe build. His fur was disheveled from the beatings he took by the two that lead him previously. Not from resistance, but simply for fun. When they finally arrived, one guard forcefully pushed him to the table. The other slung a burlap sack down from his shoulder, onto the floor next to the cat.

“Sign it you filthy thief,” The guard growled, now slamming down a quill in front of Leo.

“Filthy, “ the cat peeped in a humorous questioning tone, “I was clean till you two brutes knocked me to the dust.”

One of the guards quickly whipped his armored hand across the back of the feline's head, who then released a yelp in pain. He quickly submitted, and signed his signature across the plate. “I don't even know why the captain trusts this damned criminal enough to search for this shard!”
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline Chronic Payne

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 04:14:27 AM »
Finding himself in the grotto area of the kingdom slows down and walks around unfamiliar with his surroundings, "Damn it, now where the hell am I?", walking cautiously and ready continues on, looking about the slums and dirty places as people coughing and begging for money or food, "He has time for these stupid games, and never acknowledges these poor people.", Sighs while walking to the forest area takes a quick glance and continues on. "Some king..."

Walking out alone breaths in deep taking in all around him and exhales calmly, and in a flash takes off running, jumping up on a tree and jumping from branch to branch and running across limbs quickly around the kingdom, "Might as well make a few rounds while I'm out here."

Offline Luccas Hunter

• Avid Aardvark
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 04:46:26 AM »
Luccas turns left, entering a crowded blacksmith's store, patting his father on the shoulder, and receiving only a grunt, he heads up the stairs, strapping on his paladin's armor and claymore.
 Filling a bag with clothing, a whetstone, and a forge hammer, he walks back to the square, spotting the soldiers and their prisoner as they approach the signing booth. curious, he walks towards the group, hearing the crack as the soldier hits the feline.

"what has this cat done to deserve this kind of treatment?" Luccas asks in a gruff tone, glad his helmet his most of his face, and grin, as the soldiers effectively looked shaken.

"This prisoner-" The guard on the left spits at the cats feet. "- is the grand master thief, and is refusing to cooperate." The guard on the right seems a little more shaken, and only nods.

"I will take it from here. I would like to know more about this scum before I go on a mission with him to find the shard." Luccas nearly shouted to be heard over the roar.

"Very well, paladin." the guards bow as they quickly walk away from the two of them.

"well, how about we start by telling each other our names, I am Luccas Hunter, blacksmith and apparently very convincing paladin." He extends a hand out towards the thief

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 05:38:33 AM »
The captured thief let out a low hum as he rubbed the back of his head some. He'd scratch at his messy hair for a bit while he waited for his head to clear up from the blow. Finally he gave his head a quick shake, and then looked the “Paladin” over a few times with his eyes. A small smile creeped over his face as he listened to the other.

“Ah, Leo Cyrule is my name... thievery, trickery, and acrobatics are my own personal talents. Though in the off hours I do play the fiddle here and there... and perhaps a lute on the side! Not very talented on my own, no, a violen is always best played along with a snare,” the feline chimed with a delighted tone. His eyes then switch to some mild hint of wonder as he looked up to the sky, “or perhaps I am daft and assume I play the violen... maybe it was a drum.” His ears laid flat for a moment as if he was saddened by the thought. His eyes danced over a single cloud as he trys to remember for a small moment. “Or... it was a friend?”

His expression quickly changes to a cheery one as he looked back down to the paladin, “but enough of that, as the guards have told you I am in fact the local thieves guild master. The world has been scorged by my sly fingers and feet, oh yes! But... I never killed, nor robbed people to destruction. In fact I stimulated the economy with a fee thief tricks here and there.”

The guards rolled their eyes to the rabble and quickly unlocked the manacles around the questionably insane feline's wrist and ankles. “He's your problem now,” One of them said as he kicked the bag closer to the feline, whom quickly plucked it up and gave them a wave of good bye.
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline Luccas Hunter

• Avid Aardvark
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 05:59:17 AM »
"Well, we would have to get both the violin and drums then, if you can't remember" Luccas exclaimed happily, watching the thief carefully as he rambles on about his thieving antics. "

We should get you cleaned up before they announce the travelers for this years shard hunt. We can't have you up on stage looking like that!" he shouted as he grabbed Leo's shoulder with his vice grip hand and pulling him towards the bath house. "We might even be able to scrounge you something to eat before we leave."

"Fat chance, cat man. you would be lucky to get a piece of bread from anyone. you are just going to wait until we leave. grab the woman's basket of rolls, you will need them." The little voice in his head said, shouting a few curses at some priests as we walked by.

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 06:53:55 AM »
Leo's eyes glanced curiously over the other's expression. It might have been simply from confusion of the kindness, or to find any hidden motives behind a red herring’s smile. Either way, his expression remained naturally friendly and almost completely oblivious of any underlining threat. The bag he carried was uncaringly drug behind him as he was tugged to the bath house. “Well, I could eat carrion from a dead vulture. Eating rats is never a fun diet to have! I had better quinine in the most unfathomable places damned by even hell!”
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲